• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical EBTA 2016

The information I just received from DCL:

Transfers from DCL to London Heathrow, Grosvenor House or Hyatt Regency--The Churchill are $270 for 2 Adults

3 nights @ Grosvenor House, JW Marriott $1821

3 nights @ Hyatt Regency--The Churchill $2256

Plus the $270 for Transfers ($135 per person)

Hi this will be our 1st TA cruise. We are gold members and love Disney cruising. Any tips or suggestions? Also tips on where to buy fish extenders and how that all works?

Thanks

Hi this will be our 1st TA cruise. We are gold members and love Disney cruising. Any tips or suggestions? Also tips on where to buy fish extenders and how that all works?

Thanks
Most people make their Fish Extenders. Here's a Quick course in Fish Extenders:

Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
fish holder wonder 2012 1408 100_7536.JPG

Once a cruise meet thread is up an running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know to put together the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
door magnets 4 wonder oct 2011 256 100_3589 1500.jpg

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise.

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

Last edited:
I'm new to dis...we are cruising may 15th for the transatlantic, so should I just seach cruise meet thread all the time? Also do you know if anyone makes and sells these fish extenders?

Thanks

I'm new to dis...we are cruising may 15th for the transatlantic, so should I just seach cruise meet thread all the time? Also do you know if anyone makes and sells these fish extenders?

Thanks
I know that some people have gotten them from Etsy. We made ours. There's a link in the FAQ sticky on the main board for making a no-sew FE.

I'd suggest you hang around on the main cruise board, as well as here. Ask questions, read other's questions and answers.

If anyone needs to know more about disembarkation at Dover and transport links it's all on my trip report here

http://www.disboards.com/threads/to-russia-with-mickey-bars-dcl-7-22-navigators-photos.3421099/

And on the accompanying blog, here.

http://torussiawithmickeybars.blogspot.co.uk/

I live within an hour of the port, and in London. There are maps of transport to from Dover, and whilst there embarkation videos, they will give you a good idea on layout and the terminal, and disembarkation photos and breakfast menu.

Thank you for sharing, I must get to bed tonight, but look forward to looking through your information over the next few days. I wanted to see if you could point me in the right direction. We are planning to head to The Netherlands (Eindhoven) to visit friends who are spending the year there after we land in Dover. I have been searching a bit so far and it seems like maybe the best route would be to get ourselves to London and then take the Eurotrain to Brussels and then take a rental car from there? I'm a little nervous how that would work with all of our luggage from the cruise. Also, we will have our 7 and 5 year old kids with us, I seem to see somewhere I could get a train pass for them for free or discounted travel on the trains? We will have an extra day to spend in London if we decide to go that route, which I know will let us barely scrape the surface of what is there, but hopefully will make us look forward to coming back another time. Any suggested areas to stay or particular hotels to look at? We will probably do more modest accommodates than what I see disney is offereing as this trip is a bit of a splurge for us anyway. I also understand there is a fairy we could look into that leaves from Dover or possibly rent a car. Thanks for your help, we are so excited and can't wait to meet everyone on the ship soon.

Hi there,

I've been researching on how to get from Dover to Paris and I'm feeling just a tad bit overwhelmed with all the options!

I'm trying to find the easiest route without spending a lot of money. I know there's a ferry option but it seems to have a lot of transfers and takes a long time.

I guess I'm wondering if it's worth it to just take a taxi to Ashford and then take the Eurostar from Ashford international to Paris.

I can't seems to find how much a taxi fare costs from Dover to Ashford. Or should I take a train from Dover priory to Ashford?

As you can tell, I'm a bit flustered! :scared:

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

:thanks:

Pixie Naseweis is Not going on this Cruise (she started the thread) - She had to cancel - But I believe she is still handling everything (which is very kind of her!). I have sent her messages on other questions and she responds very quickly - If she is not handling the FE she may know who is.
Lynn

Thanks Lynn, but I am no big help in this case. I think they handle the FE on this other website we do not mention here :chat:.

This will be our fourth Disney cruise, but we are new to this forum and first time Transatlantic cruisers. Excited to read everyone's post pre-trip this time around. Traveling from California with our 5 yr old and will be celebrating my birthday while on the ship. Woohoo! :flower1::mickeyjum

They certainly do not have to have all the fun if someone wanted to host one on the DISBoards. ;)

AquaDame is quite right. I updated the Roll Call for you. I also upated the information about Dover due to the hint from DISNEY FANTASY.

Have fun guys! BTW I am quite jealous that you can travel with Princess Shmoo - one of the most experienced Disboarders around here. Made me think about switching cruises again :). And of course the fact that you are nearer to the mickey bars than I :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar!

Hi everyone! Single mom traveling with my 7 year old son. Getting off for a week for London then we are on all summer til August 13th except for the repeat Iceland Norway. Ready to sail!

Have fun guys! BTW I am quite jealous that you can travel with Princess Shmoo - one of the most experienced Disboarders around here. Made me think about switching cruises again :). And of course the fact that you are nearer to the mickey bars than I :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar!

Thanks for the great compliment! :o But, I'm not sure I'm "one of the most experienced Disboarders around here". I've only been on 10 DCL cruises thus far (and certainly not all itineraries), but I try to help out when I can.

The information I just received from DCL:

Transfers from DCL to London Heathrow, Grosvenor House or Hyatt Regency--The Churchill are $270 for 2 Adults

3 nights @ Grosvenor House, JW Marriott $1821

3 nights @ Hyatt Regency--The Churchill $2256

Plus the $270 for Transfers ($135 per person)
WoW! THat's really expensive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter