Magical Disney Character Interactions

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
I was thinking about this when I was trying to go to sleep last night....does anyone have any magical interactions with the characters to share? On our trip we ran into Woody and he was AWESOME!!!! My kids had GIANT pens for their autograph books which most of the characters played around with and acted like they were going to keep them but woody did that and then he played a few more mins with my kids...they had a light up thing that you push a button and these balls spin around and light up and he just loved that thing he was spinning his head around with the lights and my kids thought it was the neatest thing ever

We had a couple last year. Of course we got the anniversary interactions from our buttons but the best ones involved my sister.

The first was with Chip & Dale on Main Street. We were in line to meet them just watching the people in front of us. Well, the young woman that was taking pictures with them was being flirted with by both characters. She chose Chip. Dale did the whole, shocked and taken aback thing and went and started pouting against the wall. Well my sister just HAD to go give him a hug (She was 25 at the time). Well, Dale started flirting back and trying to rub it in Chip's face that a girl liked him better. They then saw my nephew and started playing with his hat for a bit. It was a McQueen Ear baseball cap so they kept trying to put it on and played keep away.

The second was at Surf's Up. We were seated a a table next to the dance floor. There was a lull in people and Mickey was up front by himself. A slower song came on and he started dancing around. My Sis, same one, went up and asked if she could dance with him. Well, Mickey started looking around for Minnie so he wouldn't get in trouble. He took so long that Stitch came up and started dancing with my sister instead. While they were dancing, Stitch was making faces and teasing Mickey while Mickey was pouting. It just cracked us up. We couldn't stop laughing.

My first trip to DL I was about 8 and I waited in a line to see Chip and Dale. When it was my turn I went up with my autograph book and was a little shy so I didn't really want to say anything to them and was almost nervous to see them (they are big chipmunks!) I think they realized this because Chip took off my headband (the stretchy circle kind) and wrapped it on one of his ears and then Dale took it off Chip's ears and wrapped it on his nose! I laughed so hard and it really loosened me up to meeting other characters. Probably one of my best memories from that trip, I just wish my parents would have taken a picture! They were so caught up in watching what was happening they didn't think to get the camera out hah

One time we saw the Fairy godmother walking in front of the castle. She was obviously in a hurry but we kept missing her all week, and it was our last day. The girls asked if they could say hi. I told them that they could say hi from a distance but that she was on her way somewhere and probably unable to stop. So they yelled hello. To my surprise, she waved them over, held their hands and started walking with them. They walked and chatted for a good 5 minutes before she gave them all hugs and kisses and wished them well. I have the best photos of them just skipping along in front of the castle.
We always have a great time with the villains. Too many lengthy stories to share, but every year, every villain, they are always personable and take their time with the kids. Let's just say that Cinderella's step sisters and step mother probably spent 10 minutes with my girls and had them cracking up!
Also, not a character, but this year we were waiting to meet the Easter Bunny. The gentleman handling the line was fantastic. He was joking and playing with my kids. He was giving them candy and made them feel so special! There is also man that we have seen a few times with Merida. He is always so pleasant and even danced with my girls and posed in funny pics with them!

Girls got to spend quality alone time one morning with Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella near the wishing well by the castle. They had just walked up and no one else was around. I got some great photos.

Same moment, while I'm snapping pictures through the wishing well, a young couple comes up and he gets on one knee for proposal. No one noticed but me...

TheLanes said:
Girls got to spend quality alone time one morning with Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella near the wishing well by the castle. They had just walked up and no one else was around. I got some great photos.

Same moment, while I'm snapping pictures through the wishing well, a young couple comes up and he gets on one knee for proposal. No one noticed but me...

We walked up on a proposal at the wishing well. After I made DH whisk the kids away (they were being loud and trying to get to snow white) I stayed with the small crowd that had gathered and watched the proposal. So magical!

My three sons met Tinker Bell on Nov 1 in everyday clothes. Then, on Nov 4, my middle guy and I alone returned to Pixie Hollow, this time with him touring the parks in his Peter Pan costume. Periwinkle was super-cute saying she glad to finally meet him, having heard that he was a friend to fairies and that he could fly without wings. When we finally got to Tink, she recalled having met him and remembered his name. She signed his autograph book and kissed it before posing for photos. He loved it soooooo much, and then as we exited, a CM made sure to point us to where Peter and Wendy were having a little meet and greet outside Pixie Hollow.
I didn't have to think when I was going through the PP+ photos from that hour. I simply added the "Where Dreams Come True" sticker to them all. :)

Not sure about "magical" but my DH was a bit giddy over it. Last year on his birthday he had his button on and Cruela Deville walked by tapped on his button and said "nobody cares". Just wonderful!

Sent from my DROID4 using DISBoards

This isn't about a fun moment at Disneyland but it is Disney related.

When my grand-daughter was three years old, there was a fun moment as she was riding in the car with my brother.

On the drive from my brothers house to hers’ there is a huge house on several acres of land and it looks like a castle.

As they were driving by the house, my grand daughter said “that’s where the princess’ live”. When asked which one? She replied in a matter of fact way with her hands in the air “Well ALL of them OF COURSE!” My brother still enjoys telling that story.

She had seen the Disney movies, read the books and knew each and every Disney princess. She finally had her first trip to Disneyland on her 6th birthday.

We find Disney Magic in places other than Disneyland too.

Geemo

I was exiting the Tower of Terror and Chip and Dale popped out from around the corner to scare me! That was pretty cool.

Not sure about "magical" but my DH was a bit giddy over it. Last year on his birthday he had his button on and Cruela Deville walked by tapped on his button and said "nobody cares". Just wonderful!

:rotfl2:Seriously I laughed so hard when I read this :rotfl2:

gerilyne said:

Ahh hahaha thats great

Oh yeah I saw Cruella last week hassling people in front of the Opera House. She was great giving everyone with a fanny pack grief for their "fashion don't." My best character experience was at a breakfast at PPH when my DS was about 5 yrs old. Minnie invited him out of his chair for a dance (the twist or something) and they had such a great time that when the song was over, Minnie took my son by the hand and proceeded to just walk right out the restaurant with him. He went with her, no looking back or wondering where his family was. He was all in and ready to join her in her life at Disneyland. I jumped out of my seat of course and sprinted after them, and caught up with them in the hotel foyer. I politely indicated that I would need my son back. Minnie motioned for him to choose, and my son took a v v v long time until I couldn't bear it any longer and scooped him up with a laugh. He is 16 now and we still tease him about the time he almost left us and moved in w/ Minnie.

I was walking down Main Street with a mint julep from NOS, when I got the feeling I was being watched. Just then I feel a tap on my shoulder and when I turn around, both Chip and Dale are standing there in their police uniforms! They made a big scene as if I was having an adult drink, wagging their fingers giving the tsk tsk gesture, generally threatening (silently of course) to throw me in jail. I tried to explain that it was non-alchoholic but they would only shrug their shoulders. It wasn't until they both "sniffed" my drink and my breath that they allowed me to continue on, but not before giving me the "I'm keeping my eye on you" warning.

On our first trip, Cinderella was my DD's favorite princess. We had met her in front of the castle and at Ariel's Grotto, and then again at Princess Fantasy Faire. The first two encounters were exciting for my daughter, but honestly, they weren't that magical for me (they sort of fell into the "girl in a dress" category, if you know what I mean).

However, the Cinderella at PFF was just amazing. First, my DD nearly tackled her with a hug, which fortunately, did not knock her over (and actually made her laugh out loud). When my DD started twirling around, so did she. Then they sat and talked about shoes. She must have spent close to 5 minutes just sitting and chatting with my DD. As you can see, my DD was beyond thrilled.

I don't think we'll ever be able to top it. Just magical!

Sorry the pics are so big! I resized and everything! (First time to post photos).

We had some amazing experiences with characters on our trip two weeks ago. On my birthday (our first day in the parks) we were waiting all through our breakfast at Minnie's to see Captain Hook. We were seated near the door where the characters come in and out, so we kept seeing him, but he hadn't come to our section. We were ready to leave, so I asked the CM in charge when he would make his way to our section, and she gave me a time 45 minutes from then! So, we noticed he was outside and decided to see him on our way out. It wasn't very busy outside, so I didn't feel bad about swooping in on characters when they're in a different section. As we got outside, my kids saw Pluto, and completely forgot about how much they wanted to see hook. So when I saw him, I called out "Look! There goes Captain Cod Fish!" (Since that's what Peter calls him at the end of the movie!) He came up and"captured" me and the kids started shouting "give us back our mommy!" Then he noticed my bday button and kissed my hand!

The next morning, DS had an awesome time flirting with Tink and Silvermist. He was bragging about how he was finally tall enough to ride space mountain, and the CM explained to the fairies that the kids were really tall and had to be shrunk down to get into pixi hollow. So Tinkerbelle went on and on about how tall and strong he is!

On our last day, we saw Sully coming out and asked if we could walk him to his meet and greet spot. We got to hold his claws and walk him to his dorm.

A couple of years ago my DH and I were at Minnie and friends ( I was pregnant so I got food first) so I was sitting at our table alone Fairy godmother came up and asked if I was dining alone I said no my husband was getting food she asked his name and went off yelling his name asking why he left me on my own it was soooo funny but so amazing at the same time something that we will never forget

Great stories!

As adults only, we someties feel like outsiders to wait to meet characters but stories like those share on this thread reminds me why I love to meet characters!

During our first trip to Disneyland, we had breakfast at The Plaza Inn with Minnie and Friends. We were the only ones in our section and near the end, Tigger, Pooh, Chip and Dale came to our table with a balloon to play with us : hiding my face in the picture with the balloon and all of them giving me a hug so they still hide me! We got great pictures of that funny moments!

During that same trip, we also had breakfast at Stroyteller's Cafe. My haircut back then was looking like Terk's. When she got near our table, she noticed it and start playing with my hair. Later, while my girlfriend was at the restrooms, she came back and sit with me like we were having a romantic dinner! Girlfriend laugh so hard when she came back and saw that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter