Magical Christmas Part two, but this time with a birthday too!

1stvisit0909

DIS Veteran
Well, we are officially crazy. HA. We are leaving for the beach in two weeks and last week I booked a trip to Disney for Christmas.

Here is how it happened....

My boss is planning to take her kids to Disney for the first time this fall during FD. They arent in school so they run no risk going during the "lower" crowd time (jelly much?!). With an 8th grader whos already missing a week for a mission trip this next school year, I knew that wasnt an option for us. They had been debating on going this year vs next year (their youngest would be 3 next year so it would be more expensive). The trip is planned as a princess fest for their daughter. She came to me for advice - actually she wanted me to plan it and just tell her how to make it work. SCORE! I love disney planning. While planning their trip and haveing a ball, I realized that youngest DD will be a Disney adult midway in 2015 :crazy2:

So I pitched the idea to DH. Ohhhh DH....if we went THIS Christmas with free dining, it would be THIS much cheaper than 2015 if the prices stay the same which we know they wont....

DH said: book it. pixiedust:

WHAT? I usually have to do all sorts of cajoling to get him to agree to spend that kind of money. (secretly, me thinks he wanted to go back anyway).

so I didnt book it. A couple days later he asked, well?? Are we booked?

:faint: no, I said, I wasnt sure you meant it.

DH: Well, I DID. and I want the CP package again, and the Wave, and and...(demanding much? :rotfl:).

So needless to say...:surfweb: booking and planning for us commence.

Right now, we have the fam going back Dec 20-26th, staying at Coronado Springs with FD.

Our first full day in WDW will also be MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to be there for my birthday :wizard::santa:

Here we are, in one of my favorite pictures from Dec 25, 2012 just after opening at EPCOT.
Photo0048FourBySix_zpsbe385769.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here Im going to put in the tentative plans Park Day Plan (are MK hours ever going to be published???!)

Edit: now that the hours are up and Josh has had his turn at them, Im ready to plan.

Park Days

12/20 - Arrival day - maybe DHS for the lights or late MK for rides

12/21 Rope Drop at DHS ~ my birthday (whoop whoop) now listen Disney, you could make this birthday super de doper magical with a Joelficent M&G! :rotfl2:

12/22 - Rope Drop EPCOT ~ Candlelight processional

12/23 Rope Drop MK

12/24 ?

12/25 Rope Drop AK Afternoon elsewhere prolly

12/26 sleep in and leave :sad2:

We have 6 CS credits and 6 TS credits
180 days is June 23, if I have done my math correct.
ADR Wishlist
Be Our Guest (1)
Le Cellier - hopefully CP (2)
Wave (1)
Tuskar House (Bfast) (1)
1900 Park Fare Breakfast, b/c I have wanted to meet Mary Poppins on both previous trips and it always gets pushed aside. :D

These are all repeats (save BOG) we'd like something "new" too. Maybe
Teppan Edo?
Whispering Canyon?

If we cant get BOG, we will FP it.

CS wishlist
Wolfgang Pucks Express
Flame Tree
Something in EPCOT

Open to suggestions!

MK

Anna & Elsa
7DMT

DHS
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours

EPCOT

Test Track
Soarin

May have to fp one and rope drop the other, which we arent skered!

AK

Safari
Expedition Everest

We have Memory Maker already :cool1:

We would like to do the Candlelight Processional again, with the dining package.

We've never seen fantasmic! so we'd like to try this time.

Defiantly Osborne Lights.

We've done the dessert party and BBB, not sure if we want to do those again this time or not - both up in the air.
DD9 at the time may want to do Pirates League this time instead of BBB. DD13 at the time will have aged out of both.

opps, I forgot the travel plans. Its probably because I dont want to face the fact that we are driving :drive:

Both of our previous trips we've been able to take a NS flight to MCO. However, Southwest is leaving out airport in June. :worried::worried::worried:

So since the rest of the airlines charge at least 2x as much (at least here), it looks like we are driving. its 11 hours door to door - so we are right now thinking we will go all in one day down, but break it up on the way back.

Unless someone wants to make a christmas miracle happen? Yeah I didnt think so. ha.

:wave2:Joining in...I am very jealous of your Christmas in Disney plans. We loved Coronado and the pool was so much fun, but I don't think you will be getting much use out of that in December.Your plans sound great. I am not sure if you can FP Test Track and Soarin' though. You might have to FastPass Soarin', use it and then get a Test Track FP since they are on that dumb tier system(not 100% though). Can't wait to see all your planning. popcorn::

:wave2:Joining in...I am very jealous of your Christmas in Disney plans. We loved Coronado and the pool was so much fun, but I don't think you will be getting much use out of that in December.Your plans sound great. I am not sure if you can FP Test Track and Soarin' though. You might have to FastPass Soarin', use it and then get a Test Track FP since they are on that dumb tier system(not 100% though). Can't wait to see all your planning. popcorn::

Hey thanks for joining!

Yeah, I was wondering if we'd have to fp one one day, and one on another. We are a rope drop family (esp during Christmas) so we may fp one and rope drop the other. :goodvibes

We swam Christmas Day in the POFQ pool in 2012, but two days later we were freezing our tooshies off at the Wishes Dessert party, so you never know with Orlando weather! I hope its warm enough to swim a least a couple of times!

We're staying at CSR for Christmas too! Our dates are Dec 20-27. This is our 8th trip but our first non-summer trip. I just finished reading your 2012 TR & loved every minute of it!! I look forward to planning along with you!:woohoo:

We're staying at CSR for Christmas too! Our dates are Dec 20-27. This is our 8th trip but our first non-summer trip. I just finished reading your 2012 TR & loved every minute of it!! I look forward to planning along with you!:woohoo:

Thanks for joining!! :thumbsup2

Alright, I need some help with FP+. I am trying to be positive and realize that I need to "think differently" about FP and touring.

so here are my current tentative thoughts - please please please feel free to make suggestions. We worked the old FP system. During Christmas week we take a afternoon break to get away from the crowds.

12/20 - Arrival day - maybe DHS for the lights. Im thinking I'll try to book 3 of our must do's as FP+ for this night. That way we could get to ride our faves again on the DHS day.

12/21 Rope Drop at DHS ~ my birthday (whoop whoop) now listen Disney, you could make this birthday super de doper magical with a Joelficent M&G! Normally we take a break and hop to another park. So Im thinking we will FP+ majors at MK

12/22 - Rope Drop EPCOT ~ Candlelight processional not sure about what/when to FP here. we might hope - but we might not. In 2012 we didnt hop on our EPCOT day, we took a break and came back to EPCOT. I know we will rope drop soarin and test track - and then see what we get done.

12/23 Rope Drop MK I think I might want to book afternoon FPs for MK here.

12/24 ? No idea what to plan for Christmas Eve We've roped dropped for 3 days so Im not sure we will want to do it again.

12/25 Rope Drop AK evening elsewhere - probably late b/c I know in 2012 MK faced phase 3 closure - but by the late evening it was open and fine again - so maybe late FPs at MK?

12/26 - headed home. (sleeping in prolly and just checking out by check out time. We will be driving so we will probably be too tired to make the 12 hours in one day, so we are currently planning to stop 1/2 way).

Hi!! I followed the link in your signature from the December thread:). Once I saw the picture in this post I realized I had read your entire trip report last year while preparing for our December 2013 trip.:goodvibes
I always mean to do a pre trip report/ trip report but I just wouldn't stick with it I don't think. So I'll make sure to read along with you!!:)

I am jealous that you are going to be in the World for your Birthday AND Christmas. We considered going through Christmas day, but since I can't convince my mom to come down with us, I thought better of it because I don't want her to be without both of her kids on Christmas Eve/Day (My brother lives in Florida.)

One thing I wanted to mention- I noticed you were hoping to get Le Cellier with a CP package, but from what I've seen- that's basically the only restaurant that they don't include in the packages. I know, lame right? :worried:

I think all of your plans look great so far!! Can't wait to read more!

Hi ....just joining in....you are way ahead of me...excited to follow along for your plans....we are going to orlando from Dec 14th to the 26th. The first week is off site.staying at the sheraton Vistana Resort (first time at this resort..hope its great)..we check in the 21st at either a suite at the art of animation or two rooms at the Caribbean..Still undecided. I am just starting to plan...I am usually a whole 365 days planning but late planning for this trip...

Hi! I noticed you said that you've never done the Lights at DHS. I just wanted to encourage you to make sure you do it this time! It is my favorite Christmas thing to do now!! Plan enough time to just wander around and enjoy a few of the songs (at least). If you can find an empty bench, sit for awhile and watch the people go by. Try to find the purple cat. Enjoy your trip!

I am jealous that you are going to be in the World for your Birthday AND Christmas. We considered going through Christmas day, but since I can't convince my mom to come down with us, I thought better of it because I don't want her to be without both of her kids on Christmas Eve/Day (My brother lives in Florida.)

One thing I wanted to mention- I noticed you were hoping to get Le Cellier with a CP package, but from what I've seen- that's basically the only restaurant that they don't include in the packages. I know, lame right? :worried:

I've read that recently too. It must have changed in 2013, because Christmas Day 2012, we had a CP package at Le Cellier. I think now we will do Biergarten. DH is SUPER bummed about Le Cellier.

Hi! I noticed you said that you've never done the Lights at DHS. I just wanted to encourage you to make sure you do it this time! It is my favorite Christmas thing to do now!! Plan enough time to just wander around and enjoy a few of the songs (at least). If you can find an empty bench, sit for awhile and watch the people go by. Try to find the purple cat. Enjoy your trip!

We did the lights Christmas Eve of 12, and again another night just cus. BEE-U-TEA-FULL! Its fantasmic we've never seen. :goodvibes

Hi!! I followed the link in your signature from the December thread:). Once I saw the picture in this post I realized I had read your entire trip report last year while preparing for our December 2013 trip.:goodvibes
I always mean to do a pre trip report/ trip report but I just wouldn't stick with it I don't think. So I'll make sure to read along with you!!:)

Yay! Welcome! I enjoy the posting of the reports, it makes me really think out my plans. Its also funny to see how much they change! This is the first one I've been more than 180days out though

Thanks! Im stoked about being there ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! (and Christmas too, but I've done that before!) and I already answered about Le Cellier :faint:

Hi ....just joining in....you are way ahead of me...excited to follow along for your plans....we are going to orlando from Dec 14th to the 26th. The first week is off site.staying at the sheraton Vistana Resort (first time at this resort..hope its great)..we check in the 21st at either a suite at the art of animation or two rooms at the Caribbean..Still undecided. I am just starting to plan...I am usually a whole 365 days planning but late planning for this trip...

Oh sounds like a great trip. :)

Sooo My ADR day is FINALLY here Monday. I've been pretty nervously watching other December goers booking. :faint:

I will be up bright and early :surfweb::surfweb:

Will let you know! :banana:

I've been passing the time helping a friend get ready for her trip in Sept. We've got her park plans ready, her ADRs done and today were planning her Fastpass+ selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter