Magic to do and fantasy to study - Disneyland, Cruise, and WDW PTR *ADR Update 11/9*

Hi Merlin! That pose and face says that this is MY domain. And don't mess with it. Or he could be contemplating time and space. Who knows with cats, I have 2 myself. What they expect from me: :worship:

I'm so with you on the Tonga Toast. I'm definitely getting that when I do Kona for breakfast on my last morning at WDW in November. Have you seen pics of the Wolfgang Puck Express Cornflake French toast? That's supposed to be another winner.

popcorn:: Popcorn for dinner? No earthly idea how someone could do that? :rolleyes1

He does look king like sitting up on the pile like "I am yaou (however you spell his name) king of rock.. And there's nothing you girls can do about it"!

I may get flayed but I much prefer Poohs Puff French toast to Tonga Toast. I found myself digging out the middle with the banana and bread. The outside just made it too sweet. :scared:

If you can't get BOG go do a fun one like Whisper Canyon. You'll be entertained by the whole restaurant!

Hi Merlin! That pose and face says that this is MY domain. And don't mess with it. Or he could be contemplating time and space. Who knows with cats, I have 2 myself. What they expect from me: :worship:

Yeah, pretty much. :sad2: :)

I'm so with you on the Tonga Toast. I'm definitely getting that when I do Kona for breakfast on my last morning at WDW in November. Have you seen pics of the Wolfgang Puck Express Cornflake French toast? That's supposed to be another winner.

I've had cornflake french toast here in Chicago. It is pretty damn wonderful.

I may get flayed but I much prefer Poohs Puff French toast to Tonga Toast. I found myself digging out the middle with the banana and bread. The outside just made it too sweet. :scared:

So I had to look up Pooh's puffed french toast. Now I want that too. *puts Crystal Palace character breakfast on short list* :tigger:

CP is such a favorite I'm will I pay OoP for it next fall. Everything has always just been so good and fresh. The characters Are never a disappointment there. (The puff toast is on the kids bar though... But I think most of the adults who go get it to haha!

Mid June and GOD do I need a vacation. But with two weddings to attend between now and my November DL trip (one in Philadelphia for which I am a bridesmaid, one outside of Milwaukee), time and money aren't really allowing for it. Which would be fine and I'd just take a little staycation...if Chicago weren't having a pretty gray, rainy spring/early summer. So I keep going back to my list making. One of these days I'm going to have to shift gears to DL list making, since that trip is first and so much is different from last year what with the 60th Anniversary celebration going on, but for now, I'm still WDW focused (obsessed, whatever).

So today's list - Things To Do That I Have Never Done

It's not a long list, frankly. And there are some things that I've never done that I have zero interest in (I'm looking at you, Rock N Roller Coaster) that I'm simply pretending don't exist. But I will also be there for the Flower and Garden Festival for the first time ever, so that opens up a few new things:daisy:.

Without further ado (rambling), THE LIST:

The American Adventure
Actually spend time exploring the EPCOT countries, not just eating and browsing the stores
Rafiki's Planet Watch (not 100% certain about this, will depend on how I feel on AK Day)
Tomorrowland PeopleMover
Ride ALL THE WAY around on the Railroad
Liberty Square Riverboat (done the Mark Twain at DL, but never this at MK)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin (only if there isn't much of a wait, just so I can say I've done it)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (was still under construction last trip)
Taking pictures of all the topiaries at F&G (inspired by my attempt to meet every single Princess last year at DL)
Food booths at F&G

Also, things that aren't technically new but which have undergone changes since my last trip so they are of sort of new:

The queue at Peter Pan's Flight
The (sort of) updated Great Movie Ride

And just for the fun of it, Things I Will Never Do Ever:

Rock N Roller Coaster (I don't do coasters that go upside down)
Mad Tea Cups (I don't do spinny rides anymore)
Stitch's Great Escape (just no)
Ellen's Energy Adventure (TOO LONG)
Hall of Presidents (I'm a huge history buff, but...no)
It's Tough to be a Bug (NO BUGS NO)

Looks like a good list to me. I've read that if you do Rafiki's Planet Watch in the morning you might see some live veterinary work being done on some of the animals. I'd be interested in that but it also seems like it would eat up most of the morning, and when you only have one day in DAK, well...priorities. Dawa Bar is just sitting there waiting for me after all. Flower and Garden will be awesome!

The American Adventure
Actually spend time exploring the EPCOT countries, not just eating and browsing the stores

Both of these are on my list, too! Actually EPCOT by itself is on my list. We skipped it entirely last time (other than riding the monorail over to say we saw it), so I am planning 2 full days there next time. :)

Rafiki's Planet Watch (not 100% certain about this, will depend on how I feel on AK Day)

We only did this briefly last time. There is some neat stuff out there, but I'm personally not interested in the petting zoo area (we have those animals at the petting zoo in our local zoo). We did get to meet Rafiki, so that made it worth it. If Jiminy Cricket was still meeting out there, it would be at the top of my list!

Tomorrowland PeopleMover
Ride ALL THE WAY around on the Railroad

We haven't done either of these. The PeopleMover is on my list, but the Railroad really doesn't excite me? Is that weird?

Liberty Square Riverboat (done the Mark Twain at DL, but never this at MK)

We live on the Mississippi River and our good friends own a riverboat here, so this would be a waste of time for us!

Magic Carpets of Aladdin (only if there isn't much of a wait, just so I can say I've done it)

Did this one. All of the "spinner-type" rides seem the same to me - MC, Dumbo, Triceratops. Meh.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (was still under construction last trip)

Definitely on my list!!!

Taking pictures of all the topiaries at F&G (inspired by my attempt to meet every single Princess last year at DL)
Food booths at F&G

Also, things that aren't technically new but which have undergone changes since my last trip so they are of sort of new:

The queue at Peter Pan's Flight
The (sort of) updated Great Movie Ride

Both of these are on my list. We didn't see the old GMR, though.

And just for the fun of it, Things I Will Never Do Ever:

Rock N Roller Coaster (I don't do coasters that go upside down) - SAME!!!
Mad Tea Cups (I don't do spinny rides anymore) - We love the tea cups
Stitch's Great Escape (just no) - My DS6 loves Stitch, so he really wants to do this one. Can't say that I'm excited.
Ellen's Energy Adventure (TOO LONG) - Maybe? This will depend on how much time we have on our Future World day.
Hall of Presidents (I'm a huge history buff, but...no) - My DS11 is SOOOOOO excited about this one! (I may nap...)
It's Tough to be a Bug (NO BUGS NO) - I love this one!

One of the (billion) things I love about WDW is that there is truly something for everyone. And me not waiting in line for the Tea Cups means you get on faster!:flower:

One of the (billion) things I love about WDW is that there is truly something for everyone. And me not waiting in line for the Tea Cups means you get on faster!:flower:

I will take it! :rotfl2:

You can have any rides including water (Splash, Kali)... I think that's a fair trade, don't you? :thumbsup2

To be serious, though, I agree that there is something for everyone. You can't say that about most tourist places. Disney definitely does that right!

I am sitting here getting my hair done and listening to two people who have recently been to DL and WDW each. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT AND IT IS HYSTERICAL.

"Did you go on the Mr. Toad ride at Disney World? Or Snow White? We loved them at Disneyland."
"No, I think those were two of the ones that were on our list that we didn't get to."

"Which is bigger, Disneyland or Disney World? I think Disneyland, right?"
"Well, I think the Disneyland part is bigger than the Magic Kingdom."

HYSTERICA
L :dumbo:

Last edited:
Why are people so flipping clueless? Grrr Argh.
P.S. I may be a few drinks in at Trader Sam's.

The package. Is booked.

ByD6IUl.gif

Also for some reason the garden view rooms were slightly cheaper than standard view. So I upgraded myself to garden view for $10 less.

giphy.gif

AND I tweaked my dates slightly so that I will be there on May 4. Because...because I can.

tumblr_n51s1qbh3q1r4f0qjo1_500.gif

Also we booked our airfare for Disneyland. So that is really, REALLY happening. I cannot wait to buy all the shiny 60th Anniversary things.

ALL THE THINGS.

Fate_Aladdin.jpg

In non-trip related Disney news:

1. Managed to see Tomorrowland last week before it left the theaters. I really liked it. Yes, it was a little preachy, and yes, there were some plot issues, but overall I thought it was an enjoyable, well-acted movie with a nice message about not giving into despair. Frankly, that's a lesson I need to take to heart a little more often. Now to get to see Inside Out!

2. Tickets purchased to see Fantasia at Ravinia Festival with the soundtrack played live by the CSO. SO EXCITED. I saw the first Lord of the Rings movie there a few years ago when the CSO played and the live orchestrations are an incredible experience. Also you can bring food and wine and stuff. Please don't rain, universe.

GIF-FANTASIA-BROOM2.gif

3. My Disney Vans have arrived (it's possible I bought another Villains pair besides the Donald ones) and I love them even if they are a little too big for my teeny, teeny feet.

4. I will be watching Ben and Me at some point on the Fourth because PATRIOTIC MOUSE SAVES THE NASCENT DEMOCRACY. (I'll also be watching 1776, which for all you non-musical theater nerds is one of the greatest musicals ever and happens to star Mr. Feeney/KITT.)

tumblr_lf6n6v2ckN1qethe8.gif

Now to go catch up on all my PBS/BBC shows. I have a dangerous obsession with Masterpiece. Poldark, here I come!

Yes, 1776!!! I do love me some patriotic singing with guys in wigs. Silly, but every time I open a window in the apt, I sing 'Somebody oooopen up a window!'

Now I'm going to picture you barely able to walk because of your teeny feet. :D

Yes, 1776!!! I do love me some patriotic singing with guys in wigs. Silly, but every time I open a window in the apt, I sing 'Somebody oooopen up a window!'

I came THIS CLOSE to playing Martha Jefferson about 10 years ago. I'm still a little bitter :furious:.

Now I'm going to picture you barely able to walk because of your teeny feet. :D

Fortunately at 5 feet tall, I don't tip over :tiptoe:.

Hmm an obsession with masterpiece... I may or may not be rewatching Downton Abbey.... I love to hate that show.

And yay for getting things booked! Always makes things for concrete for me like I can't change my mind again lol!

I came THIS CLOSE to playing Martha Jefferson about 10 years ago. I'm still a little bitter :furious:

The competition had to be crazy for such a male-dominated play for one of the only female roles. Close, but no cigar still sucks though.

Hmm an obsession with masterpiece... I may or may not be rewatching Downton Abbey.... I love to hate that show.

I loved the first two seasons of Downton. I like the third. I never made it through the fourth. I just...wanted to punch Rose in the face. Also Mary. Also Lord Grantham.

And yay for getting things booked! Always makes things for concrete for me like I can't change my mind again lol!

Only changed my mind once so far! ...yay? ;)

The competition had to be crazy for such a male-dominated play for one of the only female roles. Close, but no cigar still sucks though.

Men in community theater are so spoiled. Half of them are all, "I don't even have to audition anymore. The directors just call and offer me parts." >:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter