Magic Strollers reviews?

tink0283

Mouseketeer
We have an upcoming trip in December and even though we own a double stroller, we decided to rent one that would be more comfortable for my kids (ages 2 1/2 and 16 months) to nap in, view parades in, etc... We decided on Magic Strollers because the price was reasonable and due to the fact that they are listed on multiple Disney vacation planning sites. I am interested though if anyone has recent reviews on them? I'm a little nervous about the process since I've never rented a stroller and would like to hear if anyone has had a good experience with them???

We've rented from them once and have used kingdom strollers every year since. We found kingdom strollers to be cheaper, so we went with them. Both companies are great. The stroller was waiting for us at the resort and you just have to turn it in the night before your departure.

We've used them several times for twin grandsons and love them. The process is easy, they drop it off at Bell Services and when you leave you drop it there. The strollers have been Citi Mini's and have always been in great condition. We will definitely be using them in the future, as we now have a new set of twin grandsons. :)

So are these strollers different from the strollers you can rent in the parks and if so how can you set it up to have them ready at the resort when you get there and how much per day?

So are these strollers different from the strollers you can rent in the parks and if so how can you set it up to have them ready at the resort when you get there and how much per day?

They are different- much nicer and much less expensive, but pricing structure varies from company to company. I hear the most good things about Orlando Stroller Rentals, but Magic Strollers and Kingdom Strollers also seem to leave people happy. They generally seem to rent the City Mini and the City Mini GT. They retail for $250 and $350 respectively, so they're nice strollers.

But if you're only going to Disney for a handful of days the strollers at the parks would be a batter fit correct? I don't think I wanna pay 250/350 for a stroller if I'm only going to be there for three days I'd rather just pay 30 dollars a day for the double stroller at the parks

But if you're only going to Disney for a handful of days the strollers at the parks would be a batter fit correct? I don't think I wanna pay 250/350 for a stroller if I'm only going to be there for three days I'd rather just pay 30 dollars a day for the double stroller at the parks

If you use an outside company you get a stroller that is more comfortable for the kids for less $ - it is between $50-60 + insurance depending on the company for a double City Mini. The City Mini strollers cost between $250-350 retail if you buy it from a store, it isn't that much to rent. I've used Orlando Stroller Rental and they were great, even worked with me to adjust my reservation when our plane was delayed 12 hours.

If you use an outside company you get a stroller that is more comfortable for the kids for less $ - it is between $50-60 + insurance depending on the company for a double City Mini. The City Mini strollers cost between $250-350 retail if you buy it from a store, it isn't that much to rent. I've used Orlando Stroller Rental and they were great, even worked with me to adjust my reservation when our plane was delayed 12 hours.
Okay I misunderstood you. So is 50-60 a flat rate or per day?

Yeah you don't pay the retail amount. They charge per days. So, Kingdom strollers for a single would be $40 for 1-3 nights and $60 for 4-7 nights. A double stroller is a little more. I'll be paying $70 for a double. Renting from these outside companies is nicer because not only are the strollers better than the ones in the parks (which are first come first serve), you can take the stroller with you back to your resort.

The rate is based on the number of days you rent. All of the sites let you plug in which stroller you want and for how many days to price out what it will cost you. It depends on how long you will rent it. It is typically less than the in park strollers.

That is what got my attention. We will be needing a double as well. We had a difficult time getting from akl to mk without a stroller so it would be nice to have something to take beyond the parks.

Sorry, I was unclear. If you walk into Babies R Us, those strollers are $250 and $350 to purchase brand new, outright. I was using that as an indicator that these are nice strollers.

For my 11 night trip, Kingdom wants $100 (total for 11-14 days), Magic wants $90 ( $25 for the first day and $6.50 for additional days) and OSR wants $100 (total for 11-14 days) for the City Mini. We're upgrading to the City Mini GT (only $5 more total) and with taxes and insurance OSR comes to about $130. We'll either do that or purchase one of their used ones if the price is right.

For that price they will drop the stroller at bell services before I arrive and pick it up at bell services after I leave. I will have use of it the entire trip including to and from my resort and Disney Springs and between parks.

OR...

I could rent a park stroller. It's $143 for 11 days. For that I get a stroller that's not nearly as nice that I have to stand in line for each morning at the park. Want to park hop? Leave the stroller and go stand in line for one at the next park. Done for the evening? Leave the stroller and deal with the kiddo and her issues without it on the walk to the bus and on the walk from the bus to the hotel room. Oh- and if you're a germ worrier, an off site rental has been pre-cleaned and once you do your own wipe down you don't have to worry about it. Park strollers you have a new one every day (or multiple times a day)

For your needs, 3 days of a city mini double at OSR will cost you $50. ($70 with insurance.) 3 days of a park double will cost you $81.

We haven't needed a stroller for several years now, but we used to rent from Magic Strollers since they were always a few dollars cheaper per day than the other popular rental companies. Last time we rented from them was 2012, but we always had great experiences with they City Mini Doubles.

We have used them multiple times and have never had a problem. I really like how they text you when stroller is delivered.

Cost is VERY dependent on number of days( 4 days or 10 days), single vs. double, etc. You really just need to go to each website and price it out. We have used Kingdom and Magic- both were cheaper at different times for different length of stays. One was cheaper for the shorter period, and one was cheaper for the longer period (don't remember which was which!)

I just priced out this morning for our 2 week trip in May...and 2 singles vs. double (we love 2 singles because easier to maneuver through crowds). And there are a ton more companies now...Magic, Kingdom, Orlando, Apple, Baby Wheels, Baby's Best Friend, etc. For our 2 weeks looking at the major companies Kingdom is cheaper for 2 singles, yet Magic is cheaper for 1 double.

Cost is VERY dependent on number of days( 4 days or 10 days), single vs. double, etc. You really just need to go to each website and price it out. We have used Kingdom and Magic- both were cheaper at different times for different length of stays. One was cheaper for the shorter period, and one was cheaper for the longer period (don't remember which was which!)

I just priced out this morning for our 2 week trip in May...and 2 singles vs. double (we love 2 singles because easier to maneuver through crowds). And there are a ton more companies now...Magic, Kingdom, Orlando, Apple, Baby Wheels, Baby's Best Friend, etc. For our 2 weeks looking at the major companies Kingdom is cheaper for 2 singles, yet Magic is cheaper for 1 double.

So... does your user name mean your kids are... Gator Tots? :)

I used them in Sept. Loved having a double stroller. The stroller was at the hotel when we arrived. When I went to pick up my stroller from bell services, they took it out of the bag, assembled it and showed me how to fold and unfold it. They kept the carry case it came in and loaded it back up when I returned it. The only hiccup was that the stroller company forgot the rain cover. (which we did need because of the forecast) I did get very irritated with them and fussed enough that they brought one over that night. (I probably called/emailed/texted a total of 6 times.) Make sure you have everything before you walk away from bell services. Bell services called me (not magic strollers) when the cover was delivered.

I would rent from them again just because having the stroller was so nice.

So... does your user name mean your kids are... Gator Tots? :)

Kinda....DH and I are Gator alumni and they are just brainwashed into loving the Gators! Of course, I made that username 5 years ago when there were only 2 and much younger!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter