• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Special 5 Day Sailing 9-1-08

Andy we have enjoyed reading your trip report and blog we look forward to seeing your up dates and photos. enjoy your last few minuites in orlando we always look forward to the mono rail ride at mco a very cool way to start a vacation

Hi Julia--I saw Luke yesterday afternoon in the WDT, but I didn't get a chance to speak with him. He surely looks like a live wire though. He was busy chatting with a family down the end of our row in the theatre.

I don't know what live wire means, but I'll just say he sure does know how to get people up and dancing in Rockin' Bar D and has so much energy

Hey, if you're still there, can you tell me your flight number so I can monitor in case the weather slows you sown (or speeds you up!)

Josh will be disappointed the surprise isn't John. How did you know that was what he was hoping for?!:woohoo: I'm going to work for a couple of hours before I pick you guys up. Just call my cell when you get in and I'll be on my way. G

Hey, if you're still there, can you tell me your flight number so I can monitor in case the weather slows you sown (or speeds you up!)

Josh will be disappointed the surprise isn't John. How did you know that was what he was hoping for?!:woohoo: I'm going to work for a couple of hours before I pick you guys up. Just call my cell when you get in and I'll be on my way. G

Hi Gayle--flight #2370 due in at 1:10. Was just getting ready to check the weather up that way......;)

Just saw the weather on Yahoo: Yuck!!! :sad2:

Today: Windy with rain, heavy at times. High 79F. E winds at 5 to 10 mph, increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

You haven't eventaken off yet and they have you listed as arriving 20 mins late! :confused3 How do they know that?

Hope you had a safe flight home.

Thanks for blogging, I enjoyed following your Magical Adventure.

John was leaving for his two month vacation today, so he should be back on for you Christmas week cruise.

Thank you so much for the info, Verandah Man. We will be cruising with some lovely people we met from Ohio, who we first met on our Panama WB repo in May 2005 and who we cruised with again last year on the EB Transatlantic. They just love the banter that goes on between the English and the Scottish. :rotfl: (Although we currently live in Scotland we are orginally from England).
Thanks for posting your blog, it has been great reading about your adventure. So pleased you both enjoyed yourselves and hope you have a safe journey home.
Judy

What wonderful news that Christiaan and his wife are expecting a baby!!!!!

Gee Andy.....if you are flying home today (Saturday) then you still have Hanna as an invited guest.

But we really need the rain here in NJ.

Can't wait to hear more details about the trip.

Hi All,

I got my cruise pics and videos loaded into my Webshots account. I need to go back and edit some pics, but really feeling out of sorts still, so that will have to wait. I have NEVER felt this bad after a cruise. Must be between the motion of the ship, and the bumpy plane ride home yesterday, finally caught up to me. I'm hoping to get back to Riverwinds tomorrow, because after spending 5 days on the Magic, I really need it!!! :lmao:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/566045651bxqGAw

I was also on the magic 1-6 sailing I still feel the motion of swaying and never have before.

How long does it take for this to go away ?

Wow what a cruise though despite the rolling seas the motion of the ocean and amost rolling out of bed one night it was an incredible time but also feeling nausiated and swaying.

I was also on the magic 1-6 sailing I still feel the motion of swaying and never have before.

How long does it take for this to go away ?

Wow what a cruise though despite the rolling seas the motion of the ocean and amost rolling out of bed one night it was an incredible time but also feeling nausiated and swaying.

Still feeling the same way here this morning, doesn't feel so good does it? :sad2:

Great pictures Andy - thank for sharing.

It looks like you and Hazel had a MAGICal time, even with Hannah tagging along.

Hi All,

I got my cruise pics and videos loaded into my Webshots account. I need to go back and edit some pics, but really feeling out of sorts still, so that will have to wait. I have NEVER felt this bad after a cruise. Must be between the motion of the ship, and the bumpy plane ride home yesterday, finally caught up to me. I'm hoping to get back to Riverwinds tomorrow, because after spending 5 days on the Magic, I really need it!!! :lmao:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/566045651bxqGAw

I looked at it and it was great apart from sea!!

Was the ship full? or half?

foods look yummy

One photo I think head server John? and leslie? which I had him last year Med.

Not sure if it was him

Scottishwee35

I looked at it and it was great apart from sea!!

Was the ship full? or half?

foods look yummy

One photo I think head server John? and leslie? which I had him last year Med.

Not sure if it was him

Scottishwee35

The ship was completely full, not a cabin to be had according to Captain Mickey.

ok, my room is moving now.....:rotfl:

Loved all your pic's:thumbsup2 Great reporting and it's been so much fun following you:goodvibes

Thanks for a wonderful time;)

Now what in the heck am I going to do today:confused3 Guess watch tennis:rolleyes1

We have felt like this after a previous cruise. It only lasts a few days at the most. My chair is rocking right now!!;)

Andy, welcome home and out of those waves!:scared1: Fantastic report as always. I can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time like that on your vacation. Just awesome. I really loved that you blog it, and every day I'd go to that first post and click, that made it very personal somehow, like you were talking to family!:) It sounded pretty rough, but I'm glad you and Hazel got home safely. Would you ever do another one at this time of year again? Thanks again Andy, loved it.

Andy, welcome home and out of those waves!:scared1: Fantastic report as always. I can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time like that on your vacation. Just awesome. I really loved that you blog it, and every day I'd go to that first post and click, that made it very personal somehow, like you were talking to family!:) It sounded pretty rough, but I'm glad you and Hazel got home safely. Would you ever do another one at this time of year again? Thanks again Andy, loved it.

We usually cruise the same time each year, it's just that Hanna got us this time. The captain was trying to get us to CC for our second stop there, but it wasn't meant to be, so he had to turn the ship around and look for calmer water. I'm so glad he did. Looking at the screen on the TV in our cabin, we must have gotten to within 10 nautical miles of CC on Friday before he turned the ship towards the southwest. The island manager at CC reported winds at 50 knots gusting higher, so there was no way we could have docked at CC on Friday anyhow.

Our next cruise however, is booked for 10/24/09.......;)

ETA: I took a very long nap today 11am until 4:30pm........:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter