Magic Shot Missing the Magic

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our amazing Disney trip. We got Memory Maker and have close to 300 pictures. I definitely recommend it to any family coming with kids the first time.

We got a bunch of Magic Shots taken (DD loved them and would ask the photographers). Most are great; however, when I look there are a couple missing the magic piece (e.g. our kids are supposed to be holding balloons, but there are no balloons added, in another I have my hands out for butterflies, but there are no butterflies).

Has this happened to anyone else? And can these be fixed after the fact? I haven't contacted Disney yet as I'm not sure if its too late.

We were missing them too. Just email them and they'll be able to input the "magic" for you. They're very good about that.

Tony

Our last two trips this happened. And I hate to admit that I just let it go and didn't call about it. This time I will definitely complain if I don't get my shots!

We were missing them too. Just email them and they'll be able to input the "magic" for you. They're very good about that.

Tony

Thank you all. Not a huge deal as we have lots of photos, but the group one with the balloon one would have been cute had there actually been balloons there. Do you just email from the Photo Pass site?

This happened to us with Olaf. I called & he added it while I was on the phone so I could confirm it was fixed. Took less than 5 minutes

Balloon one? I need to up date my magic shot info. LOL! Something else to add to my touring plans. DH cannot believe I am not done.

The balloon one was my favorite shot!

We didn't have a problem with characters missing, but the photographers would tell us we were getting one character and we'd end up with another!

By Beast's Castle we were told we'd get Chip, when we looked online it was Lumiere.
We got a set by Ariel's castle and we are holding Sebastian in one shot and Lumiere in another!
Then we went back to the castle and it was a different photographer. We told her about the Chip/Lumiere issue and she did another set of shots said it should be Chip, nope, Lumiere.

At Epcot we were told we were getting Tink and it was CHIP!

We had a lot of fun "chasing" down the magic shots. I think the only one we missed were the frog and Mike.

We had Tinker Bell missing from one of our photos a few years ago. I just used the "Contact Us" option on the PhotoPass website and reported the problem and they emailed me back to let me know once it was fixed. :wizard:

Call 407-560-4300, Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern. They'll ask for the email address that is associated with your My Disney Experience account. I pulled up Memory Maker, told them which park, what day it was, and what time the picture was taken and they fixed it very easily.

Balloon one? I need to up date my magic shot info. LOL! Something else to add to my touring plans. DH cannot believe I am not done.

Yes, it was taken at Epcot infront of the big ball. Cute one with DD "holding" the balloon and the rest of us holding her so she doesn't blow away. He he...guess they think of everything.

Wow...funny that the magic shots changed on you. We found a lot of times they were secretive on who would show up (but we didn't mind...although DS didn't want to end up with Tinkerbelle again as she's too girly for him)

Call 407-560-4300, Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern. They'll ask for the email address that is associated with your My Disney Experience account. I pulled up Memory Maker, told them which park, what day it was, and what time the picture was taken and they fixed it very easily.

Excellent...thanks so much. I will give them a call tomorrow.

DO they actually answer the phone lines? I've been on hold for almost 30 minutes. :furious:

Wonder if I'd get a response by trying to submit issue online via Help button?

I think I am missing the magic in a couple of shots, but I can add it on my own, when I get home. We don't have quite as many photos as you yet, we still have MNSSHP tomorrow and I'm at MK now.

I wonder if the ride shots take longer to make it to your account, because I endured Space Mt this morning and the photo of me hanging on for dear life, isn't there yet. :lmao: Guess I can call or email them and they can find it, I hope!

It took me 1hr to get through, but once I did, they quickly found the pictures and updated them with the actual magic part.

I think I am missing the magic in a couple of shots, but I can add it on my own, when I get home. We don't have quite as many photos as you yet, we still have MNSSHP tomorrow and I'm at MK now.

I wonder if the ride shots take longer to make it to your account, because I endured Space Mt this morning and the photo of me hanging on for dear life, isn't there yet. :lmao: Guess I can call or email them and they can find it, I hope!

The site does say it can take up to 48hrs. I noticed too during our trip that not all appeared right away. Also, a few were hidden in the 'Resorts and More' tab.

So I'd keep note of those that are missing (park, date and time if you remember) and if they don't show, give them a call or email.

It took me 1hr to get through, but once I did, they quickly found the pictures and updated them with the actual magic part.

The site does say it can take up to 48hrs. I noticed too during our trip that not all appeared right away. Also, a few were hidden in the 'Resorts and More' tab.

So I'd keep note of those that are missing (park, date and time if you remember) and if they don't show, give them a call or email.

Oh, okay, good to know about the 48 hrs, thanks. I had started a note on my iPhone for anything that doesn't show, didn't know about a resorts and more tab, so I'll look for that, too. I guess I haven't taken any yet to fall under that tab yet.

Did you have a good trip? Did or are you going to do a trip report?

Oh, okay, good to know about the 48 hrs, thanks. I had started a note on my iPhone for anything that doesn't show, didn't know about a resorts and more tab, so I'll look for that, too. I guess I haven't taken any yet to fall under that tab yet.

Did you have a good trip? Did or are you going to do a trip report?

That's what it said...but just keep an eye on it and inform them of any missing ones. We did have that with some of our entrance Epcot ones.

We had an awesome time thanks. I have a trip report under

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3344889

That's what it said...but just keep an eye on it and inform them of any missing ones. We did have that with some of our entrance Epcot ones.

We had an awesome time thanks. I have a trip report under

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3344889

Awesome. :) I will be sure to check it out when I get home. I cannot believe how fast the trip is going. will be sad to leave, but I am really missing my dog.
Otherwise, I'd just stay here. :lmao:

We have several missing the magic as well. Used the online form and got one of them back (balloons). Still waiting on the others (they were from different days, so I didn't notice they were missing at the same time). Also still waiting for ride photos. I had taken pics of the ride photos and attached that to the form so they have the photo and the photo number, but still not there. I'm definitely more anxious about the ride photos since I've read they are purged pretty quickly. For the magic shots, I figure the photo is in the account so at least it's not disappearing.

Awesome. :) I will be sure to check it out when I get home. I cannot believe how fast the trip is going. will be sad to leave, but I am really missing my dog.
Otherwise, I'd just stay here. :lmao:

I know how you feel as it's very hard to return. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Hope those missing photos appear so you don't have to bother tracking them down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter