Magic - secret aft deck?

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Someone posted recently about a secret aft deck on the Magic - what it is? We are going to be on deck 7 next summer - how do we find it? I'm very excited!

Someone posted recently about a secret aft deck on the Magic - what it is? We are going to be on deck 7 next summer - how do we find it? I'm very excited!

You happen to be staying on the same deck as the "secret" deck. Just walk all the way aft as far as you can go. There will be a door...just open it and walk out. From time to time they will have a private function out there and if so there should be a sign stating such. It is open only during the day. It closes in the evening and does not open up again until the morning.

Sometimes the chairs are set up as in the pic...sometimes not. You are in complete view of the outside eating area at Topsiders if you are looking over the rail (this is where I shot the pic from) and from the Deck 8 aft verandah cabins.

secretverandah.jpg
[/IMG]

This deck is on both the Magic and Wonder...not the Dream or Fantasy.

MJ

is not so secret anymore. It is a nice quiet area and a great place to relax. The walls are solid so you'd have to stand to see out over the water. As was mentioned, it is not private by any means as you would be in full view of Topsiders or BBB. Enjoy!

We love "secret deck 7" and only rarely encounter others when we go there. There is also a secret back staircase for decks 5 thru 9 (into the back of topsiders). They are not shown on the deck plans I have seen but they are there and not just for crew. From 5 to 4 is closed off except for the safety drill.

Wandered the aft stairwell on the Wonder in January and ended up in the back corner of Animators while they were setting up for dinner. I'm not sure who was more surprised us or the crew!:rotfl2:

You happen to be staying on the same deck as the "secret" deck. Just walk all the way aft as far as you can go. There will be a door...just open it and walk out. From time to time they will have a private function out there and if so there should be a sign stating such. It is open only during the day. It closes in the evening and does not open up again until the morning.

Sometimes the chairs are set up as in the pic...sometimes not. You are in complete view of the outside eating area at Topsiders if you are looking over the rail (this is where I shot the pic from) and from the Deck 8 aft verandah cabins.

secretverandah.jpg
[/IMG]

This deck is on both the Magic and Wonder...not the Dream or Fantasy.

MJ
WOW!!! Thanks for the info, we are getting ready for 14 day cruise on the Wonder I will have to check it out

There's another smaller area on Deck 8 that very few people go to. You can see the one on Deck 7 from it.

pirate:

My favorite place....

My husband and I renewed our vows there in January for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

We found the Deck 7 "secret" veranda on the Wonder for the first time on our Alaskan cruise this summer (We hadn't experienced it on our two previous cruises on the Magic.) We stumbled on it as we were getting readyto leave Ketchikan and thoroughly enjoyed the view as we were pulling out of port.

it's such an amazing place - my daughter & I did the 2-night cruise to nowhere out of NYC & we stopped by this deck to relax in the afternoon - what was really cool was that a family came out - mom / dad / grandchild / and grandma in a wheelchair w/oxygen - and the dad told the grandma that the view was so amazing that she needed to stand up & see it - we were not stalking - but we heard her say that it was worth coming out & getting up to see it - it is a really cool place

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter