Magic room numbers changing?

lorrie322

Earning My Ears
I randomly checked my reservation today and it lists my room as:

Stateroom:Room # 2070, Category 11C, Standard Inside Stateroom

But the deck plans show that as an exterior room. Does anyone know if the cabins are being renumbered as part of the drydock changes?

I definitely hope not! We booked the room we wanted, and our category is $600 more now than when we booked. I don't want to have to change!

But the deck plans show that as an exterior room. Does anyone know if the cabins are being renumbered as part of the drydock changes?

2070 is a 9B. More than likely you got upgraded. Did you have a GTY reservation or booked *GT rates, or a different room number before?

No, they are not renumbering. DCL upgraded you to a higher category stateroom. It still says 11C because that is the category level you are paying for.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

OH! Yes, we booked GTY, paying for an 11C. I was confused why it would say one category, but list a room of a different category.

WOOHOO on the upgrade! You guys have made my day! I didn't think it was possible to be more excited about going!

I definitely hope not! We booked the room we wanted, and our category is $600 more now than when we booked. I don't want to have to change!

While the renumbering is not actually happening, I just wanted to point out that you locked in the prices for all categories for your cruise on the day you booked. So the current price of the category you're in is not relevant to you reservation. You could upgrade or downgrade your cabin before the PIF date at the rates from when you booked, and then change your mind again and go right back to your original category and it would not be any different from what you have right now. That $600 increase only affects people who are booking new reservations or moving existing reservations from another cruise to yours.

While the renumbering is not actually happening, I just wanted to point out that you locked in the prices for all categories for your cruise on the day you booked. So the current price of the category you're in is not relevant to you reservation. You could upgrade or downgrade your cabin before the PIF date at the rates from when you booked, and then change your mind again and go right back to your original category and it would not be any different from what you have right now. That $600 increase only affects people who are booking new reservations or moving existing reservations from another cruise to yours.

Good to know! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter