Magic October 23, 2015 Port of Miami

I am ! Single Dad with a DD that turns 8 on 10/23 Also she has no clue that this is happening. I have the Early Seating since she is used to eating @ 6:00 ish on a regular basis, I tried to keep to that. Should you have a preference for the early seating, I've heard that you may be able to switch the seating once on board.

What an awesome birthday surprise!!

Since we're coming from central time zone, we prefer late seating since it's sort of like eating at 7:15 for us which works better for us than the earlier time. It worked really well for us last time. Also, we like to not have to get back to the ship as quickly since the show starts slightly later than the first seating. She's going to be up late either way and we can always snack before the show anyway.

And breakfast on the last day with early seating, oh my no thank you! :P

I am planning on room service for breakfast on most mornings that involve leaving the ship. That way we don't have to hassle with the lines at breakfast on days when we have to be on shore. Didn't think about breakfast time on the last day. I'm wondering how hard it would be to go to the later meal in the event that we "miss" dinner one night.

Last edited:
I don't think you can go to a meal that is not at your assigned time. However, you can eat at Cabana's or pool side quick service or room service if you miss your dinner time.

I have not found the breakfast buffet to be a hassle. Room service has taken longer than I anticipated every time we have ordered. At least 20 minutes if not 30. I think that Cabanas is actually going to be faster for you on days that you are doing excursions. Also breakfast is really limited for room service. I think it's just muffins and juice and stuff. Continental if I remember correctly.

On disembarkation morning you eat at the last MDR you ate at (the night before) either first or second seating and it's hella early if you are early seating. I'm not certain about availability of room service on disembarkation morning. I will say that breakfast in the MDR on the last day was our favorite breakfast. Actually, we plan to eat breakfast in the MDR as much as possible this go around. It was fast and fresher (hotter). Not as many options, but we enjoyed sitting and having table service. :)

We will be going as a group, 2 staterooms. First will have My Parents. Second is us Myself, DH, DS8, and DD8. We have all cruised before. My family will be doing back to back cruises with my parents doing this one only. Both rooms would like to participate in the fish extender exchange. This is our first time to try to participate with it. Any help or tips would be appreciated. AS always have a magical cruise all.

Hi all! I'm going to be organizing the FE for this group. Here's the information that I'll need from any of you who are planning to participate in the FE:

Stateroom #
# of adults
Name/gender/age (not required) of all adults in party
# of children
Name/gender/age of all children in party
Any celebrations for those in your party (birthdays, anniversary, graduation, etc.)
Any food allergies for those in your party
Any other details that might be relevant

You can post your information in the forum OR send it to me via PM - your choice. My plan is to limit the list to groups of 15 staterooms per list so as not to overwhelm anyone.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here OR send me a PM. Looking forward to meeting everyone in October!

Hi There!
We are excited to be going on our 3rd Disney cruise this October with you guys! Would love to join the FE list.
Our family is 2 adults and 1 child: We are a DH (Cory 43), DW (Sonya 44) and DD (Aura 5)
#6644, No Celebrations aside from vacation and no allergies!
Thanks for organizing! Can't wait!
:sail:pirate::fish:

We're not interested in a FE, but is anyone going to be organizing any kind of trick or treating? Like specific cabins could participate and we could have a list of cabins to trick or treat on the Halloween celebration night? My DH would happily man the door while I take DD to collect candy! :)

Hi, i was wondering how its going with your friend and the money? My sister and her boyfriend are back and forth on going or not too. They are worried about money (disney costing more than other lines), sailing Disney with no kids, etc. I'm working on them, but its a hard sale!

Hi! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The friends have kind of been dropping like flies, so it's just me, my sister, and one friend. My sister and I plan way ahead for our cruises, so we start saving through an online savings account like Smarty Pig (but now I understand that Disney has a similar savings account?). I think airfare is going to be the worst thing right now. Soooooooo expensive!

Hi all! I'm going to be organizing the FE for this group. Here's the information that I'll need from any of you who are planning to participate in the FE:

Stateroom #
# of adults
# of children
Any celebrations for those in your party (birthdays, anniversary, graduation, etc.)

You can post your information in the forum OR send it to me via PM - your choice. My plan is to limit the list to groups of 15 staterooms per list so as not to overwhelm anyone.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here OR send me a PM. Looking forward to meeting everyone in October!

Stateroom #
# of adults
# of children

Hi! My family would love to be a part of the fe exchange! We are excited and already planning some ideas! We are 3 adults and 1 child. DW ( Michelle, 34)
DH ( Damon, 34) Our 4 year old boy Peyton and my mom Laurie, 57. All the adults have birthdays in Oct/Nov so we thought a disney halloween cruise would be so much fun!! We can't wait! Our stateroom number hasn't been assigned yet, I will let you know when I have the number!

Stateroom #
# of adults
# of children

Hi my name is Felicia
We will have myself, my husband AJ and our 3 kids joining us, Kiersten, Kailauni & Kyley
How do I pm you all our info???

Hi!
Grandma, myself and my DD (turning 4 in December) will be on this cruise! We are super excited! I travel quite a bit but grandma doesn't and little Kaitlyn really wants to take an airplane ride!
I'm hoping I can find a couple of friends for her!

Hi my name is Felicia
We will have myself, my husband AJ and our 3 kids joining us, Kiersten, Kailauni & Kyley
How do I pm you all our info???

Hi Felicia!

You can PM me your info by clicking on my profile pic and then click Start a Conversation. I'll reply as soon as I get it. Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi!
Grandma, myself and my DD (turning 4 in December) will be on this cruise! We are super excited! I travel quite a bit but grandma doesn't and little Kaitlyn really wants to take an airplane ride!
I'm hoping I can find a couple of friends for her!

Welcome to the group! I think your DD will find lots of friends on this cruise!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a waterproof crossbody bag to tote everywhere? I have been searching for a while and can't decide what will work best.

Is anyone staying at the holiday Inn in the port? Just curious what your transportation to the port ideas are.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn. We are taking SAS from the FLL airport to Holiday Inn the night before. That morning we'll take a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter