• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic NY To Puerto Rico - Nov 5, 2016

rcchello

DIS Veteran
Bob and Amy welcome you to this exciting repositioning cruise. I kept hoping someone else would start this thread, but here it goes.

Welcome aboard, see you sometime next year

Cruise Meet
Time: TBD
Place: TBD

If we want one I will update this here.

Fish Extender. DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

:worship:, MinnieFamily3 is hosting the Fish Extender Thread http://www.disboards.com/threads/fish-extender-group-magic-ny-to-puerto-rico-nov-5-2016.3461169/

Let me know if there are items or info you want at the top of the thread

Thank you

PS. As per Disboard rules: Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Last edited:
We're in! Have been on six DCL cruises, and the Magic is by far our favorite ship. Cannot wait for this cruise, as I am confident it will be a great time! Although we are a family of five, only three of us will be sailing this time... hubby, ds8 (at time of cruise) and me... ds8 is an absolute DCL junkie (he takes after mom!). Looking forward to meeting all our fellow cruisers!

Welcome to the cruise, I was wondering for awhile if I was going to be the only one here :). Looking at cruisefish.net it looks like the cruise is selling well, all of the prices have moved up from opening day, so others should be joining us. Haven't been to Puerto Rico since I was a kid, looking forward to it.

I’m in too - along with my mom and older sister… I am so excited to be leaving from New York.. This will be my 5th cruise (Gold!!!!!) and we splurged on a room with a verandah… I have been to San Juan but not St Maarten or Tortola – so yea for new places… Can’t wait to get to know everyone as we get closer :)

Welcome jennileigh, mom and I assume wonderful sister. Only a year and four months to go. Almost time to start making packing lists :).

We love leaving from New York, since it is only a train into Manhattan and a walk to the Pier.

It is approximately a year away from choosing activities for the cruise. Hopefully everyone is having a good summer.

We are from New Jersey.

Jersey... My Mom and Sister also from Jersey but they moved down to South Carolina a handful of years ago...
I'll be getting someone to drop us off as I cant imagine going on a train and walking with my suitcase and carry on. :)

Hello ! We will be joining you ! (Booking on our cruise which we leave on Sunday)

We are coming from the UK and going to do back to back cruises !

Hello ! We will be joining you ! (Booking on our cruise which we leave on Sunday)

We are coming from the UK and goingde to do back to back cruises !
I have heard you can't back to back this cruise and the one following. I may be wrong but you may want to call DCL before if this was your plan. Onboard they may not catch this but they will before you set sail again.

I believe the reason is that combining this cruise and the next creates an illegal cruise from one U.S. port to another.

I have heard the same. We were considering a B2B, but told (here, did not check with DCL) it's not permitted. I'm not sure if it matters what your citizenship is, it might?

Hello We will be on this cruise also!!

This is our first Disney cruise princess:myself :earboy2:dh :earsgirl:dd(5)

We are from Long Island and so excited that Disney is cruising out of NY! The next 14.5 months can not go fast enough!!

Last edited:
Long Islander here too! Thrilled that NY is a port, and love the idea of spending a li'l time in PR too! If you have any cruise questions, feel free to ask... this will be our 7th (i think)... pm me or ask here :)

We just got off the DVC Member Cruise yesterday and booked this cruise! So excited to have something else to look forward too. It will be our 7th DCL cruise! We had a blast at the Gold and Platinum Castaway Club Reception on board! And enjoyed using our 10% discount in the shops onboard. Never realized how much that little perk would mean.

It is me (Patty) and hubby Dale from Delaware. Love that we only have to book airfare one way!

We're going! This will be my 6th Disney Cruise and my husband's 3rd. The Magic is the only Disney ship I have not cruised on so I am excited to complete the Grand Slam!

We live in Orange County, CA. :)

Hello! We (I, lol) are considering this sailing but we've always cruised out of PC. I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to get to NY. We live in South NJ so what is the best way to get to NY when I'm hoping to fly from SJU to PHL? I can't think of anyone to ask to drop us off at the port. I'm really liking the thought of this cruise but DH doesn't want to sail in cold weather so who knows if he'll budge. I appreciate any help!

We live in central Jersey and will have someone drop us at the train and commute in. Are you on a bus line or train into NY or Philly?

If NY then cab from Penn Station or Port Authority Terminal.

If you can reach Philly you can take a train to Penn Station NY and take a cab to the port.

We walk it to the port but we have wheeled luggage and don'the mind the walk.

Thanks! I looked it up and I'm sure we could get a ride to one of the River Line stations, take it to the Trenton Transit station then go to Penn Station. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter