Magic - New Connecting Cabins - Deck Plan Anywone?

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
Hi Everyone-
I saw on the video that DCL posted on Facebook today that they are adding a connecting door to 44 cabins on the Magic during the dry-dock renovation. I'm really excited about this and wondering if anyone has seen new deck plans or a list of room numbers that will now connect. I wasn't able to find anything in my searching, but my Dis friends always seem to be able to come up with info!

Thanks
Leslei

Hi Everyone-
I saw on the video that DCL posted on Facebook today that they are adding a connecting door to 44 cabins on the Magic during the dry-dock renovation. I'm really excited about this and wondering if anyone has seen new deck plans or a list of room numbers that will now connect. I wasn't able to find anything in my searching, but my Dis friends always seem to be able to come up with info!

Thanks
Leslei

I wouldn't expect this info to be available until closer to the dry dock, but I could be wrong.

Also wondering about this! Wouldn't they want to have deck plans for the post- dry dock Magic showing the connecting cabins available somewhere so they can sell them now?

I too wish they'd publish this as they are booking rooms that will be affected after the drydock.

This would help those of us who want connecting cabins, as well as those who want to avoid them.

I even called Disney to ask them if the cabins were connecting. The people booking rooms didn't even know that they were officially adding rooms. They wanted to know where I heard about it as neither the agent nor her manager had heard anything about it.

They suggested I email Disney Cruise with the stateroom numbers of the cabins I was interested in booking to see if they would be connecting or not.

Has anyone heard anything about this recently? We are looking at booking a last minute cruise for a family of 5. No currently connecting cabins available but hoping to find a "reimagined" connector! We would rather pay less and have 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's

...The people booking rooms didn't even know that they were officially adding rooms. They wanted to know where I heard about it as neither the agent nor her manager had heard anything about it. ...

DCL isn't actually adding more staterooms, are they? I thought it was just connecting doors between existing staterooms.

DCL isn't actually adding more staterooms, are they? I thought it was just connecting doors between existing staterooms.

You are correct. They are not adding staterooms. They are converting a few (maybe 2? I dunno specifics) to HA accessible and making some connecting.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Has anyone heard anything about this recently? We are looking at booking a last minute cruise for a family of 5. No currently connecting cabins available but hoping to find a "reimagined" connector! We would rather pay less and have 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's

DCL had not even told TAs yet about the connecting rooms. Everyone is awaiting the new deck plans ;)

When is the dry dock over?
Assuming deck plans will be available near that date ...

When is the dry dock over? Assuming deck plans will be available near that date ...

They float out Oct 10th & more than likely have sea trials. Then, she'll stop in Gibraltar for fuel and then she'll cross the Atlantic making our way to Miami. The first cruise is Oct 20th.

If you are looking at last minute, your best bet is to go *GT rates. Otherwise, you'll pay last minute rack rates if you want to find two connecting staterooms.

Of course, note that *GT rates will mean you could land on different decks.

Hi there,

I spoke to he hotel director and the PR People on board the last Magic cruise and whilst grey knew which cabins they said that it all depends how the drydock goes they may not be offer the cabins straight away, they did say that these will be made aware via the website post drydock. Even the DCL sales desk didn't have the list and they weren't allowing future bookings just in case they don't complete them all.

Sorry for the delay! Thank you for all the help! We did see the new connecting rooms which are all verandahs. So, we are still deciding btwn 2 side by sides or family w/verandah for this cruise--IF I can talk everyone into this cruise! No *gt rates for this cruise but we have lucked out 3 times on the Fantasy with connecting at VGT rates!:cool1:

I know this in an old thread, but I can't find the answer anywhere. Is there a new deck plan posted somewhere? Specifically I'm looking for new connecting rooms on Deck 7.

I know this in an old thread, but I can't find the answer anywhere. Is there a new deck plan posted somewhere? Specifically I'm looking for new connecting rooms on Deck 7.

I haven't seen it. I had to call and ask for the connecting room numbers on floor 8. I wrote them down and I am now kicking myself for not saving them. But I threw it away after we decided on rooms and booked it. Your best bet is probably to call and ask which ones connect on the floor you want.

I just checked the Disney Travel Agents web site, they usually have the most up to date information. The deck plans that are available are dated 9/27/13 and mention the changes to the Magic such as the new names for the restaurants and the adult clubs and the location of the new waterslides, but they didn't actually make all of the graphical changes to the images in the file, ie. the new slides are not actually shown, deck three atrium shows the staircase on port side only, but deck four atrium still shows staircases on both sides. They are apparently not interested in publishing accurate deck plans at this time, maybe after the Wonder gets the same modifications, which is several years away.

I was able to find a "proposed" deck plan, but no confirmation. I guess at this point it doesn't really matter because my cruise is basically sold out. I was hoping to move our connecting rooms further aft. Maybe I'll email my TA, I haven't pestered her in a while :lmao:

Edit to ad the Disney website does not show the new "proposed" connecting rooms as connecting when you view them on the map. But it could be a shared map between the Wonder and the Magic, so who knows???

Hi guys- This is the only site I know of that has a deck plan posted with the "proposed connecting" cabins marked. They have a little cross in the cabin (check out 6584). I haven't seen anyone post any confirmation that they actually made these connecting cabins or not, but I'd love to know.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney Magic

Thanks
Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter