• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Mountain or Knotts?

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
OK, other than 3 or 4 days at Disney, we're planning on visiting either MM or Knotts. Included in the group will be those who love thrill rides. :banana::banana: Which would suggest and can 1 day cover most of the park?

OK, other than 3 or 4 days at Disney, we're planning on visiting either MM or Knotts. Included in the group will be those who love thrill rides. :banana::banana: Which would suggest and can 1 day cover most of the park?
Magic Mtn. is all about the thrill rides. Little in the "theme" arena, but lots of fast and violent rides. Woo hoo!!!

Knott's has a nice area for younger kids, Camp Snoopy. Several thrill rides, and decent theme.

1 day easily covers either park.

By many Roller Coaster enthusiasts Magic Mountain is considered the 2nd best park in America (Cedar Pt being number one). But, Knott's has more for the whole family, including some cool Coasters.

Both parks, you can finish in a day. Knott's is just easier to do so. Magic Mountain takes a bit longer, but the rides are worth the wait if you're a thrill seeker. :)

Knott's is real close to DL, about a 15 min. drive. Magic Mountain is 60 miles away. Depending on traffic it will take 1-2 hours to get there. I'm not sure if that makes a difference in your decision.

You say you love thrill rides, I would definatly go for Magic Mountain, if you willing to make the longer drive and get there for opening. X2 is a must ride -- it's amazing!!!

My son loves the thrill rides & did Magic Mountain a few years ago & loved it. We did Knott's a week ago on our trip & he found 3 rides he thought was good....otherwise, our family was not impressed with this park. We found that Camp Snoopy was really for the very small child & then there were some thrill rides & not a whole lot in the middle.....most of the family left after 3 1/2 hrs.

Knotts is alot closer to to disneyland so if you can only chose 1 or the other pick knotts. i would choose six flags because it is the thrill capital of america!

I love my thrill rides, so I did both these parks in the same trip last year. Both were enjoyable days out, but I definitely enjoyed magic mountain more - the rides there were far more thrilling in my opinion :thumbsup2

Definitely enjoyed MM more for thrill rides. The assortment of coasters are hard to beat. As other people have posted, the drive is much longer, and the hours of operation are far shorter than DL. I really needed 2 days to ride every coaster I wanted, but you could do it all in one day if you started at opening. I do remember that getting lunch there took forever waiting in:upsidedo line...:upsidedow

6 coupons—each coupon is good for certain days and specific ticket amounts!

plus one COUPON for the haunted dreams package for 2!

i got 4 sheets of these coupons-but can get more, if you would like one plesae pm me!

knott’s halloween haunt starts september 24th!!!

Knott's is closer and has great coasters but Magic Mountain has amazing thrill rides but is far from Disney. Either park will be great!

Is Magic Mountain still gangland? We love thrill rides, but aren't interested in really taking out lives in our hands. :confused3

We went last May and we had a great time. My children were 6 and 11 at the time and we felt perfectly safe!
I had not been for a few years and it seems to me that they are really working hard to clean up the park and make it more family friendly!
If you want thrill rides, Magic Mountain will not disappoint!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter