• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic, Memories and You

billmdee

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if the Magic, Memories, and You castle show in the Magic Kingdom was still showing.

I saw a lot of fanfare when it debuted in January, but I have not heard much lately. I was hoping to catch it when we are there in October (exactly four weeks from today !! :yay:)

When I check the park show times, I see the afternoon parade and Wishes listed but not the MM&Y show, so I am a bit worried.

Thanks for your help !!

When I check the park show times, I see the afternoon parade and Wishes listed but not the MM&Y show, so I am a bit worried.

That kind of event is not listed on the calendars.
They only list the major parades and evening fireworks (including Fantasmic!) times.

If you want to see the other show and event times, you need to use a different source.
-----------------------------------

This is a great site to keep BOOKMARKED for future reference.

The following site posts the stage shows, in-park and other on-property shows and their times for the CURRENT week.
(It is updated every weekend.)
The times may be "similar" for other dates as well.

Click below-

Steve Soares' TIMES GUIDE Site

Click on the colored links for the various parks
to open their listings and view their show times.

Be sure to check back to the site as the actual dates of your trip get closer.
----------------------

Even more information from the Soares site HERE.

----------------------

This Week's listing:

The Magic, The Memories, and You!
Turns Cinderella Castle into a canvas where guests can view photos taken earlier that day by a Disney’s PhotoPass photographer and projected onto the icon’s exterior. The show, which lasts approximately 10 minutes, will take place before Wishes! Nighttime Spectacular and feature a new song written exclusively for “Let the Memories Begin.”
Sunday, Monday & Wednesday at 8:45pm
Saturday at 8:45 & 9:35pm
Length of show: 10 minutes

I was wondering if the Magic, Memories, and You castle show in the Magic Kingdom was still showing.

I saw a lot of fanfare when it debuted in January, but I have not heard much lately. I was hoping to catch it when we are there in October (exactly four weeks from today !! :yay:)

Thanks for your help !!
MMY is still going strong and "most likely" will be around for quite a while.:)

Here is a wondereful site that posts the actual Times Guides weekly.:)

http://www.easywdw.com/times-guides...ide-september-11-september-17-2011/#more-5371

Someone posted on a recent thread that the show would stop when they put up the castle lights because they would be unable to project it against the castle with the lights in place. I notice they have a crane behind the castle now so I assume they are installing the lights. Should we assume that means the show will end soon?

Someone posted on a recent thread that the show would stop when they put up the castle lights because they would be unable to project it against the castle with the lights in place. I notice they have a crane behind the castle now so I assume they are installing the lights. Should we assume that means the show will end soon?
That info is incorrect.:)

MMY will not be cancelled because of the Castle Dreamlights.:)

That info is incorrect.:)

MMY will not be cancelled because of the Castle Dreamlights.:)

Man, I was really hoping someone would post back that my info was wrong! :cool1: I sure hope so.

Now, can you tell me that the new December schedul for Fantasmic showing at 6:30 every night is wrong so I can do Characterpalooza?????????? PLEASE?????? :teeth:

Oh well, 1 for 2 is far better than 0 for 2!

I had not even heard of this show until this thread so I went to You Tube and watched it. I look forward to seeing it on our upcoming trip. We are staying for MSEP & Wishes so I guess/hope we will get a chance to see this show too. :goodvibes

Thanks for putting my mind at ease :)

I can't wait to see it, and we have the Wishes Desert Party booked so we will hopefully get a good view without the crowds.

we have the Wishes Desert Party booked so we will hopefully get a good view without the crowds.

MK-Castle-Noodle-Station-011911.jpg

At the risk of sounding stupid, having never been in MK for ther evening show/fireworks (although i am remedying that next week), can you see MM&Y from any of the places you can see Wishes from?

At the risk of sounding stupid, having never been in MK for ther evening show/fireworks (although i am remedying that next week), can you see MM&Y from any of the places you can see Wishes from?
You have to have a direct view of the entire "front" of the Castle to see all of MMY.:)

The show involves projections directly onto the Castle with the Castle serving as the "screen" for the projections.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter