Magic Marvel day at sea mini report/thoughts

Arianabtd

Mouseketeer
I was on the Magic (Miami) from 4/29-5/4 and here is a little report/ a few of my thoughts!
This was my third Disney cruise, but the first one as an adult. (The last one I was on was in 2009 :scared:)

My party was 4 adults in one stateroom. We had a mid veranda cabin on deck 7 and it worked well for us.

:flower2:Transportation: We flew in the day before, and took the Disney transportation from the airport. It was very easy. You go to a little desk on the baggage claim level, they check you in, and then they walk you to the bus! The bus isn't Disney, but they play videos like they would in Canaveral.

:flower2:Marvel day at sea: Amazing day! It was the first full day of the cruise which I didn't like. I wish I had a day or so to rest before being thrown into the crazy :scared:. I spent almost all day in superhero meet lines and as a DW regular I felt right at home :P. The Doctor Strange stage show was sooo good, it was my favorite part of the whole day. The deck party was also really good. I was really the only Marvel fan in my party, but everyone had a good time.
(a few Marvel day pictures under the spoiler)
25tdzkg.jpg

f1wlt1.jpg

28wc902.jpg

a4a97l.jpg

oigmj4.jpg

:flower2:Character meets: Most of my cruise was doing character meets, as I'd do at the Disney parks. The first day of the cruise the rule was "if you make it into the line in the first 15 min on the schedule you're guaranteed to meet the character." But day 2 on the rule turned into "get there 20 min early if you want to make it in at all."
It was a little messy but we adjusted. We had tickets for the Princess meet, Frozen meet, and the Superhero meet (Couldn't get Groot tickets). Get there early early for these ticketed events if you wanna be out fast.

:flower2:Dining: I'm not a big foodie, but I enjoyed most of the food! We requested a table by ourselves before the cruise and it was granted! Our dinner servers were absolutely a hoot, my whole party loved them. We're hoping to get back on the Magic soon so we can request them :D. Rapunzel's Royal Table was absolutely beautiful and the show was great! Lumiere's looks like it could use an update though, it is exactly how I remember it (maybe a little worse for wear) from 2009.

:flower2:Shows: We had Rapunzel, Twice Charmed, and Disney Dreams as our shows. We enjoyed all of them! Disney Dreams was the best though, it was great as our final show of the trip :sad:

:flower2:Castaway Cay: Beautiful as usual! I did the Stingray adventure and enjoyed it very much. We had rough seas the night before, and got into the island late by a couple hours. So they gave us an extra hour to be on the island! Although I didn't take advantage of that and still got back on the boat early :rolleyes1

:flower2:Grand Cayman: I did not get off the boat here, but while I was on the boat I got to see the Fantasy dock next to us! I also got to witness the legendary horn battle. It was pretty cool.

:flower2:Final Thoughts:flower2:
I had so so so much fun on the cruise! I shed some tears after I walked off the boat :sad:
I really think that DW is more my speed though. I'm kind of a gogogo vacationer, and the cruise couldn't give me that. But that's just a weird me thing :P

Last time I cruised I was in the kids club age range, and spent all my time in there (ages were separated back then). I think it is weird how they mashed all the 3-12 year olds together now in the two spaces. I'm sure if I was still a kid using these spaces I wouldn't like it, but since I'm not I'll let them figure it out :rolleyes1

As they kept telling us throughout the cruise, this cruise was the last Marvel day at sea of the season. So most of the Marvel merchandise was 30% off because they were trying to get rid of it :laughing:
Why can't everything be 30% off all the time?:rotfl:

I think that's all I have to say :D If anyone has questions I'll try my best to answer!

M

:flower2:Grand Cayman: I did not get off the boat here, but while I was on the boat I got to see the Fantasy dock next to us! I also got to witness the legendary horn battle. It was pretty cool.

My daughter and I were on the Fantasy right next to you too. She told me about the horn battle and thought it was cool as well. Not sure how I missed it.

We were 2 cruises before you. We really enjoyed the Marvel day!
But- tbh no one in my family enjoyed the Dr Strange show. Both of my DDs were bored. The deck show was awesome though!!
Glad you enjoyed your cruise so much!

Our son was onstage for the Dr Strange show so that helped keep our attention.

I managed to miss the horn battle too! We got back on the ship early in order to catch a 5:00 movie though.

My feelings on the Doctor Strange show were that it was light on characterization but heavy on the bells and whistles. I think they used every atmospheric effect that theater is capable of generating. :laughing: As an adult without kids but who particularly likes Doctor Strange, my mind wasn't blown but I did enjoy seeing it the once. Too serious, in my opinion; Doctor Strange is more fun when the writers acknowledge that he's kind of a pompous twit and poke fun at him for it.

Thank you for sharing your mini report! My husband and I are Marvel fans, so the MDAS cruise might be something to look into someday. We were in Grand Cayman the same day you were (we were on the Fantasy that week)! And good to know about the advantage of taking the last MDAS cruise of the season. ;)

I went on the Marvel Day at Sea Halloween on the High Seas 10/28/2017 7 night cruise. We actually hit a hurricane and it was REALLY rough sailing for the first couple of days where I got so sick, I couldn't leave my stateroom. But, I recovered in time for the Halloween shenanigans and the Marvel day events!

I'm a huge Marvel fan and had an absolute blast on Marvel day meeting all of the characters. My BFF and I dressed up as Captain America USO girls and had a fun time taking pictures with everyone while wearing them. We also got to watch Thor Ragnarok early (on the Wednesday night of the week it came out in theaters), which was super awesome. And the Marvel stunt show was spectacular, even though it was lightly raining the whole time. My one criticism is that there aren't a lot of fun Marvel events geared toward adults. It's mostly: meet the characters, watch the movies in the theaters, trivia in the pub, a little USO 40's themed song-and-dance show, and a Marvel discussion panel.

I'm hoping that they might add some more characters in the future as a result of the Infinity War movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter