Magic-Marvel Avengers Academy Questions

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me any insight on the avengers academy on the Magic? What characters make an appearance? What activities are there for the kids? I've looked on the DCL website and the description was sort of vague...I know Captain America makes an appearance but do Spiderman and Thor as well?

My son is a huge Marvel fan...sailing out of NYC Sept. 27th so just missing the new Marvel day at sea:guilty:Any insight into this part of the kids club would be great...thanks in advance!

My daughter just said it was only Captain America for Marvel Avengers Academy. They got to design their own superhero.

However, there were meet and greets with Spiderman, Thor, and Captain America.

This was in April this year.

My son went to 2 avengers academy sessions. In the first they made their own superhero costumes- designing capes and masks. At the end they got their SHIELD ID's- a really nice souvenir, and it has his photo on it.
In the second session they had to help captain America save the ship from something...I can't quite remember what. He really enjoyed it.

At the moment theres Avengers Academy over two sessions. Day 1 - Have photos taken for Avenger Academy cards, then make a cape, make a mask and have academy training. At the end Captain America comes and greets each trainee. Day 2 - use their training to complete a few tasks with the agent and save the ship!

There's also become Iron Man, which happens most days during secured programming and/or open house times.
And as also mentioned, meet and greets with Captain America, Thor and Spiderman.

At the moment theres Avengers Academy over two sessions. Day 1 - Have photos taken for Avenger Academy cards, then make a cape, make a mask and have academy training. At the end Captain America comes and greets each trainee. Day 2 - use their training to complete a few tasks with the agent and save the ship!

There's also become Iron Man, which happens most days during secured programming and/or open house times.
And as also mentioned, meet and greets with Captain America, Thor and Spiderman.

Oh wow that's so neat they have meet and greets with Thor and spiderman! My son is going to love that!!

My daughter just said it was only Captain America for Marvel Avengers Academy. They got to design their own superhero.

However, there were meet and greets with Spiderman, Thor, and Captain America.

This was in April this year.

That's so awesome there are meet and greets with the superheroes! I'm pretty sure this is going to make my sons trip!

They don't keep the cape or mask they design, do they?

You get to keep them. They aren't great quality or anything (foam mask and a thin cape) but you get to take them home.

Also they do a Becoming Iron Man activity separately which is a computer game where you get imposed into Iron Mans costume. Its pretty fun and from that you can purchase a photograph but its extra expense (although if you have the photo package I've heard you can get it included).

You get to keep them. They aren't great quality or anything (foam mask and a thin cape) but you get to take them home.

Also they do a Becoming Iron Man activity separately which is a computer game where you get imposed into Iron Mans costume. Its pretty fun and from that you can purchase a photograph but its extra expense (although if you have the photo package I've heard you can get it included).

And if you come in open house you're free to film it/ take your own photos.

I was pretty excited about it as well LOL!!!!

View attachment 202820

This was on the 2016 Sept Transatlantic. Loved it!! Meet and Greet was in the Atrium and he had quite the long line of guests waiting to get photos with him.

MJ

So were we!!! :)

On our cruise on the Magic in September we (DH and I) stood in line for Cap and Thor on both sea days and even filmed Thor saying hi to my mom back home, because she loves him...there were lots of adults in those lines. Spider-Man was supposed to be there but at the end wasn't on either day.

We also did the Become Iron Man during open house hours at the kids club. It was a lot of fun! :)

So were we!!! :)

On our cruise on the Magic in September we (DH and I) stood in line for Cap and Thor on both sea days and even filmed Thor saying hi to my mom back home, because she loves him...there were lots of adults in those lines. Spider-Man was supposed to be there but at the end wasn't on either day.

We also did the Become Iron Man during open house hours at the kids club. It was a lot of fun! :)

That's so awesome and my son will love meeting them! Silly question but they sign autographs right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter