Magic March 3, 2016 Fish Extenders

Oh yay!! We've never done this before so I'd love to participate! We'll have 3 cabins!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be closing the Fish Extender list on January 17 - 45 days out from sailing. This way, we can do our shopping without extra stress.

55 days to go!!!!

1st Disney Cruise! How does this work? Do we buys gifts for everyone participating?
I just posted this on another thread:
Quick course in Fish Extenders:

Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
fish-holder-wonder-2012-1408-100_7536-jpg.144297

Once a cruise meet thread is up an running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know to put together the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
door-magnets-4-wonder-oct-2011-256-100_3589-1500-jpg.144298

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise.

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

Now that you have a Cruise Meet thread started, and some people who have expressed an interest in participating in a Fish Extender exchange, it's up to one of you to be the contact point.

Awesome explanation! Looks like I'll be trying to make a fish extender holder.:) Sounds like lots of fun!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be closing the Fish Extender list on January 17 - 45 days out from sailing. This way, we can do our shopping without extra stress.

50 days to go!!!!

I'd love to join in! Just booked this cruise and have 2 rooms. This is a first cruise for both my kids and my parents and first Disney cruise for all of us. So excited!

I'd love to join in! Just booked this cruise and have 2 rooms. This is a first cruise for both my kids and my parents and first Disney cruise for all of us. So excited!
Super cool! Email me at leona.wilson@cfl.rr.com with the following information: each cabin number, the names of each person in each cabin, the ages of any kids and everyone's favorite characters.

2 more days until we close out the list for the Fish Extenders! So if you want to join, please email me at leona.wilson@cfl.rr.com with the following information: each cabin number, the names of each person in each cabin, the ages of any kids and everyone's favorite characters. Also, if there are any celebrations, let me know. Thanks!

I cant seem to be able to find a thread or roll call for this cruise... other than this fish extender one, I am not traveling with any children, any advise?
She

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter