• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom - The Golden Hour - Just Like Trauma Treatment

Savage1701

Earning My Ears
FWIW, we've always found the first hour at the MK is like treating trauma - you stand the best chance of getting the most accomplished and the greatest success in riding the rides during that hour.

Just an opinion. My son, wife, and I have done virtually everything there was to do in the MK before lunch by doing the fast-fillers & slow movers (Peter Pan, Winnie, Rockets, Dumbo) first and then moving to Jungle Cruise and Thunder Mountain and such and then closing off with the bulk loaders like Pirates and Haunted Mansion and Splash. Toss in a couple fast passes and we've got it made.

I think we will try RideMax software next time.

Then one can do Tiki Room, H of P, etc. that attract fewer or are on time schedules or are just big.

http://www.ridemax.com/

You tell the software what you want to ride or experience, and it spits out what it considers the optimal order in which to experience everything. But check out the website for yourself.

OP, I agree! Sounds like you already have a great touring plan, why bother with Ridemax? I have considered it, but we do so well with your same strategy that I wonder how it would be much benefit?

From an almost nursing graduate, LOL! I never thought of it that way before, but you are on to something!

OP, it seems you have benefitted from a combination of rope drop and having a logical plan. That is pretty much what we do!

It really is amazing how much you can get done early in the morning compared to any other time of the day.

LOL! A great way to put it, but we absolutely agree. You can get so much done by arriving at opening. :thumbsup2

I like the OP's plan. I wish the rest of my family would get up and moving to make this work.

That strategy works for every park. We had great success last year in every park except AK, and that was the only park we didn't make it to at, or very close to rope drop.

Get there early, and have a plan so you don't waste time figuring out "what's next."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter