Magic Kingdom Rituals

I love this thread!

We have 2 rituals at MK:
Early breakfast at CRT we just enjoy being in the castle (not sure if the princesses are too impressed with us it is a very quick visit to our table fr them)

This is a strange one; outside of the toilets at POTC there is a flower bed with a bench running round it in a semicircle, every time my girls get a picture stood on this bench then we can look back from year to year and see how much they have grown!

I too love finding mickeyfetti around the house!

I know that bench! Capt. Hook shows up in that area sometimes. Although my kids are too afraid to approach him.

Doesn't sound weird at all to have a way to " leave it all behind" My tradition is I walk under the railroad stop at the pictures of Walt & Lillian Disney touch the pictures and " Thank " them :thumbsup2

Wow...another good one.

Hey thanks for sharing that. Really a beautiful idea.

With your permission we may adopt that one!

Yes please do!!:flower3:

Cute thread.

We always have to ride HM and SW on our last day before we leave because it was the girls first favorites :). Still are I think.

We pick up Mickey confetti on the ground.

On my and my oldest dd first trip (she had just turned 5 the week before ) we had to stop constantly as she picked up every shimmering Mickey head sequin she found.

At first I was annoyed you know being a first timer and feeling we had to go go go but only for a moment - and then we indulged it.

On our last day to mk - we just had a few hours before we left- a cm with Mickey hands right after you go through security and turnstiles before going under the bridge stopped us and pulled out a huge handful and gave it to her. It was like they knew! I cried lol and am tearing up now over stupid confetti but it was magical.

Fast forward a few years later when we finally make it back and on our first day going that same dd (we now had three daughters) is wearing a bday pin. Our security guard gets all serious with her and acts like she's in trouble.

Then he says his boss told him to tell her something and asks if she knows who his boss is.

She says no lol.

He says Mickey Mouse!

He heard its your birthday and he wanted me to tell you to have a wonderful birthday and to give you this- and hands her a huge handful of Mickey head confetti.

I mean really . :)

I know they probably all have pocketfuls of that stuff but both times that was so stinking amazing for us because it called back an obscure moment from our first trip that seems like a small thing but is SUch a sweet memory:)

Now we collect some every trip and I love it because random times through out the year ill just find a Mickey confetti head in the middle of nowhere, behind the couch under a bed, two nights ago on the bathroom floor (we are coming up on a year since our last visit). And it just feels like a little magic :) we leave next week can't wait to collect some more magic Mickey heads :)

Awww, I love it!!

That's not cheesy, it's a wonderful idea. ❤

Thank you

There is one thing we do every single trip since 2005. We make sure we don't go to Stitch's Great Escape.

8 years going strong.

:rotfl: This will be the FIRST time in 8 years I won't have to ride it since my Stitch fan is away at college....I think we will fill that time with something much better!

Doesn't sound weird at all to have a way to " leave it all behind" My tradition is I walk under the railroad stop at the pictures of Walt & Lillian Disney touch the pictures and " Thank " them :thumbsup2

That is so sweet, I usually say thanks to Walt as I go buy his statue, but it's always just to myself.

I remembered one other thing...I don't think I've ever set foot in MK without riding HM. I was trying to think back if there was a trip we missed due to the remodel, but I don't think so.

LOVE this thread!!

There is one thing we do every single trip since 2005. We make sure we don't go to Stitch's Great Escape.

8 years going strong.

Yeah, went on for the first time in 2010. It was kind of weird. Then again, I never watched Lilo and Stitch so maybe i just didn't get it.

Well, Dumbo was the first ride I rode at Disney during my first trip at age 3. I rode it with my mom and ever since then, we always ride it together and take a picture while on the ride (i'm 22 now, by the way). It's just our tradition:)

Also, we always enjoyed eating lunch at Cosmic Ray's - I loved watching Sonny when I was younger. So instead of doing a TS restaurant in MK, we always try to stop by Cosmic Ray's. Breakfast is usually either at Kona or Ohana (usually Kona so we can get right to MK by 8:45 or 9).

Cute thread.

We always have to ride HM and SW on our last day before we leave because it was the girls first favorites :). Still are I think.

We pick up Mickey confetti on the ground.

On my and my oldest dd first trip (she had just turned 5 the week before ) we had to stop constantly as she picked up every shimmering Mickey head sequin she found.

At first I was annoyed you know being a first timer and feeling we had to go go go but only for a moment - and then we indulged it.

On our last day to mk - we just had a few hours before we left- a cm with Mickey hands right after you go through security and turnstiles before going under the bridge stopped us and pulled out a huge handful and gave it to her. It was like they knew! I cried lol and am tearing up now over stupid confetti but it was magical.

Fast forward a few years later when we finally make it back and on our first day going that same dd (we now had three daughters) is wearing a bday pin. Our security guard gets all serious with her and acts like she's in trouble.

Then he says his boss told him to tell her something and asks if she knows who his boss is.

She says no lol.

He says Mickey Mouse!

He heard its your birthday and he wanted me to tell you to have a wonderful birthday and to give you this- and hands her a huge handful of Mickey head confetti.

I mean really . :)

I know they probably all have pocketfuls of that stuff but both times that was so stinking amazing for us because it called back an obscure moment from our first trip that seems like a small thing but is SUch a sweet memory:)

Now we collect some every trip and I love it because random times through out the year ill just find a Mickey confetti head in the middle of nowhere, behind the couch under a bed, two nights ago on the bathroom floor (we are coming up on a year since our last visit). And it just feels like a little magic :) we leave next week can't wait to collect some more magic Mickey heads :)

Omg we pick out Mickey confetti too! I like unusual souvenirs.

Katie

Every trip we take pictures of the kids with the giant troll in the Norway gift shop! I have no idea how that particular location came about, but it's so fun to look at the pictures and see how they change from visit to visit!

I always have to ride the Haunted Mansion at least 4 times and try to see if there is any little detail I have missed seeing over the years. :hmghost:

not MK specific but I always go to the parks in the order they were built: MK, Epcot, DHS, AK

It just seems "right" somehow :rotfl:

We take a picture of our two sons at the same lightpole at Magic Kingdom every visit.

We can see how they grow every trip.
We take a picture of our kids on the train station steps each trip. Doesn't really matter which side, just towards the bottom by the rail. It is so neat to watch them grow looking back on the pictures from our trips!

We always do MK left to right
We always go on Pirates first
My sister always stops on the way out of the park at the Confectionary and gets rice krispie treat (whgich means I always end up buying something lol)
We always take a castle picture
My son always gets a popcorn, always.
We always sing the monorail song from the Simpsons when we are on the monorail

I have picked up Mickey confetti in the past and will continue to do so. I'd love to get a whole handful and put it in places like a PP said. I'm sure it would cause a smile everytime I saw it.

Our tradition is to go to the Tiki Room (yes, even with Iago & Zazu) and upon exiting, we all get Citrus Swirls. We must have done it on our first trip as a family, I have kept up the tradition, even if I was on a solo trip & plan to do it in October when we're there.

Great thread!

I have come to contribute:

-We always have to do Magic Kingdom on our first day.

-I always look up at the Main Street Theater (or Expedition Hall, as I call it still) and say "Tommy Tune danced up there!!!!!" :hyper:
It's a reference to the 1970s TV Special "Welcome To The World" hosted by Lucie Arnaz for the Opening of Space Mountain that featured a then VERY young and long haired Tommy Tune dancing "all over this place", as Lucie said. Tommy Tune is a now famous Broadway performer, an AMAZING dancer and now a nine-time Tony Award winner but at the time, he was just an up-and-comer. He's very tall (6' 6 1/2", I think) so they make jokes about it. He's one of my heroes and I LOVE that he has a tie to WDW. (Fun Fact: The Host and Two Co-Hosts stayed at the only three places to stay at the time (I believe). Lucie was at the Poly, Lyle Waggoner at the Contemporary and Tommy was at Fort Wilderness (and he needed an extra long bed. :lmao: Oh the height jokes). The special's on YouTube and I'm slightly addicted.

-When we first arrive in MK, my mom and I have to walk to the center of Main Street in between the Emporium and the Confectionery and she says "Happy Birthday" to me for the first time (since we usually go for my birthday). :) :bday:

-I have to pick up Mickey confetti when ever I see it. It's a slight addiction. I must have a big stash of it somewhere by now.

We may have to adopt that "leave your troubles" one, though. it's beautiful and perfect.

We always go to MK first. We walk down Main street towards the castle and everyone looks to see if I'm tearing up...so far I always do! Our first ride is always The Haunted Mansion. We like to pick up our hitch hiking ghost for the whole trip!

We always have to eat at tony's (37 year old tradition started with Town Square Cafe) at least once per stay.

Weird as it sounds, I go to the bathroom by Guest Relations at MK. While sitting I look at the schedule for the day and make a basic plan for the day.

We always ride Pirates first!

We always do a sit down lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern.

We always get the ferryboat over- love that first view of the castle across the lagoon- magical!
We always hit Tomorrowland first (well, except for when we had breakfast at Crystal Palace, when we did Adventureland first) and end up doing Buzz or the TTA for our first ride of the day.
We ALWAYS do Winnie The Pooh and Philarmagic.
I like to make a wish on the last firework.

OP, we are from piedmont NC too... Howdy neighbor. :wave2:

We have been to WDW 17 times this century. We started going when my kids were very young; they are now 16 and 13. MK has always been our favorite park. Over the years we have developed some habits and idiosynchracies, such as:
- Our first ride on the first day is always Haunted Mansion.
- We always have one morning at MK during which we arrive in time to see the rope drop show, then mosey in and stop at Main Street Bakery for breakfast (which we always enjoy seated at the tables outside Casey's). We find it very relaxing to watch everyone hustle in and jockey for position on rides while we are enjoying a "we don't give a darn" attitude. I suppose this tradition will be modified or ended given the menu changes at MSB
- We ride BTMRR at night at least once on every trip, preferably while fireworks are happening
- We get a family pic with Mickey each trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter