• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Portrait Session

DonnaBoo

DIS Veteran
The wedding is getting closer and I am still thinking about this portrait session at MK. I haven't booked it yet, but the more I think about it the more I want to do it. I am assuming the pictures are taken the day after the wedding at a very early hour in the morning.
If anyone would like to share their experience or have answers to these questions, I'm all ears. ::MinnieMo

We have booked ours already for next july and the time slot options are 5 am and 6 am! You can book it anytime you'd like really when it comes to day wise as long as there is an opening. I believe you have upto one year to schedule it after your wedding! We are doing ours the day after since our ceremony won't be late in the evening and that way my df will have his tux still the next morning!

You can do it any time during your stay, and yes, it is very early in the morning.

We did ours 2 days after the wedding and I was STILL so pooped I fell asleep 7 or 8 times the rest of the day. :rotfl:

You can book it anytime you'd like really when it comes to day wise as long as there is an opening. I believe you have upto one year to schedule it after your wedding!

You are correct -- You have one year after your DTFW to do the photoshoot -- we are doing ours about a month after our wedding, since we can not do it the next morning (taping the Christmas Day parade).. and the options are 5am and 6am depending on the time of year...

HTH

If you follow the link in my signature you can check out my report about our MK shoot pg. 62. We added a second park for $300 more and also had shots at MGM. We were extremely happy with our decision. Although, it is important to request a photographer that you like in advance.

We received 2 beautiful albums and most of the extra proofs from the shoot.
DisneyPicturesWatches016.jpg

DisneyPicturesWatches019.jpg

DisneyPicturesWatches021.jpg

DisneyPicturesWatches023.jpg

We are getting married dec 1 and we were not able to get them done after our wedding due to the tapping. So we are doing it 3 days before the wedding only because that is all they had avabale. :headache: So you might think about doing it on another trip if you have not booked it yet. Sorry to be a buzz kill. :flower3:

If you follow the link in my signature you can check out my report about our MK shoot pg. 62. We added a second park for $300 more and also had shots at MGM. We were extremely happy with our decision. Although, it is important to request a photographer that you like in advance.

We received 2 beautiful albums and most of the extra proofs from the shoot.
DisneyPicturesWatches016.jpg

DisneyPicturesWatches019.jpg

DisneyPicturesWatches021.jpg

DisneyPicturesWatches023.jpg

They are so pretty! I never saw what the photo albums look like, thank you for sharing them!:hug:

our album is different to that.

On the fron it just says disneys fairytale weddings and on the back it has the carriage and thats it

our album is different to that.

On the fron it just says disneys fairytale weddings and on the back it has the carriage and thats it

That's the same thing we got too!:confused3
Did you use Disney for all your photography or just the MK shoot? Maybe that could be the difference, we only had them for the in-park shoot at MK & MGM :confused:

Thanks for posting those Vanessa! They look great! Who was your photographer?
I had Paul Looper who is unfortunately gone from Disney Photography now :sad2:

Vanessa I used DPS for everything
But I am pretty sure Sarah used Misty..

I guess they just updated them since then?

Does anyone have time preference? The morning we are doing ours, the sun rises at 7:18, but light will start to show at 6:53 (BMNT). So, if we do 6:00, we will get some sunrise at the end, and if we do 5:00, it will be all dark.

I like the idea of sunrise, but some of the all dark is nice too?

Thoughts?

Oh, and we're doing ours 2 days after the wedding...

I'd take as much sun as you can get! :rotfl: Their flash pictures often look strobed-out or blurry...

Vanessa I used DPS for everything
But I am pretty sure Sarah used Misty..

I guess they just updated them since then?
Could be, I know mine was relatively knew too because they had just switched from 3x5 proofs to 4x6 and I actually had to wait a little longer to get my proofs because of it. Who knows, they probably switched again right after that :rotfl:

Does anyone have time preference? The morning we are doing ours, the sun rises at 7:18, but light will start to show at 6:53 (BMNT). So, if we do 6:00, we will get some sunrise at the end, and if we do 5:00, it will be all dark.

I like the idea of sunrise, but some of the all dark is nice too?

Thoughts?

Oh, and we're doing ours 2 days after the wedding...
I really liked having the contrast with some of the shots of the castle with the colored lights and then some in the early dawn sunlight. My preference would be for the 6 am; that's the time we had too and we were early March.

thank you so much for the information. I enjoyed your wedding journal and loved the pictures. I'll have to make the call tomorrow to book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter