Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day

Don't do it. ;) Seriously, MK is going to be the most crowded of the 4 parks that day. But if you're determined to do it, about the only tip or strategy is to get there right at rope drop.

We were there last year. You have to get there early. It will close to entry in the middle of the day. The crowds are insane. Don't plan on riding a lot unless you don't mind long lines. It's a different mindset. Just enjoy being in Disney on Christmas. My advice is to go to Epcot and book the candlelight processional. World Showcase absorbs the crowds better and the storytellers are great. The processional is beautiful and a perfect way to celebrate Christmas.

Don't do it. ;) Seriously, MK is going to be the most crowded of the 4 parks that day. But if you're determined to do it, about the only tip or strategy is to get there right at rope drop.

Agree with this. Pick a different park. It will be too crazy to do much of anything.

Get there for EMH rope drop and ride a few things and use your FP+ selections then leave at lunchtime and go to your resort and/or a different park.

We are also doing Christmas in MK for the first time. I am not concerned about getting much done, we are going for 2 weeks beginning this Friday then another 2 weeks at Christmas. We have Candlelight booked for Christmas Eve. I know MK usually closes for capacity, but wonder if many people leave in the evening? Wondering if we left and then came back at night if we could get in?

We are also doing Christmas in MK for the first time. I am not concerned about getting much done, we are going for 2 weeks beginning this Friday then another 2 weeks at Christmas. We have Candlelight booked for Christmas Eve. I know MK usually closes for capacity, but wonder if many people leave in the evening? Wondering if we left and then came back at night if we could get in?

wondering this as well!! we have 6:00 ressies for BOG that evening and plan to do rope drop at MK - but we have nappers, we plan right now to just stay in the parks and let them nap in the stroller.

I can't speak for OP but I think that a lot of people just want to be in the Magic Kingdom on Christmas to experience it.

I personally wouldn't enjoy that, but I could see how some families would like that.

As others have said get there at rope drop and be prepared to wait.

We did that a few years ago, we got there just a bit after rope drop and the park was actually pretty empty, we had ADRs at the castle, so we took some photos along the way and went to have our breakfast. After breakfast the park was getting full and it remained pretty full until after the fireworks. It was the worse around the time for fireworks down Main Street. There was no moving for sometime. I recommend you try to scout a few places to watch fireworks from away from Main Street or else plan to be stuck. I warned my family we would be in "butt to butt traffic" and boy were we.

With all that said...we are doing it again this year! We will be at MK for Christmas and have ADR in the castle. We dont expect to get a ton done, but like said, we will be where we want to be celebrating Christmas together. We are spending 2 weeks there, so will go back again the following week and hope to get more done then.

Just remind yourself and your family that it will be super crowded, you wont get a lot done, and just soak up the sights and sounds. Get there early too! Enjoy your time there! :santa:

I must admit this is kind of a "bucket list" thing for me I'd like to try one day. But it must be at a time when I'm a) a lot richer than I am now so that I won't be bothered by not getting the most out of an expensive park day, b) without young children who expect to ride anything, and c) more personally tolerant of lack of elbow room. I'd just go up and down Main Street a few times, get some photos of the heavy crowds, and not even attempt any rides. I could tell my grandkids that I've seen Van Halen live (with David Lee Roth) and been to MK on Christmas Day.

Make dining reservations for one table service if you can.

Keep in mind that long lines also include bathrooms and counter service restaurants.

Go Early.

Arrive early
Don't wait to go (to the restrooms)
Eat before 11am or after 4pm for QS or have ressies
BE PATIENT :goodvibes

We went to MK on Christmas day a few years ago to see our DD (then a CM) in a morning parade. As park vets we knew what to expect, and we left right after the parade. Getting from Frontierland to Main Street to exit the park was a sea of people. I'm a touch claustrophobic, and I was a little uncomfortable in that situation. People are mostly nice but they were trying to get from point A to point B and it was not especially festive. :earsboy:

We're doing a Disney Christmas this year, and somehow it doesn't seem like it would be Christmas without seeing the Christmas parade in MK.

That being said, we're trying to be sane about it. We're going for RP and hope to grab a couple of rides before our 9:30 breakfast at the Castle (surprise for the 6 year old princess).

We have LTT for an early dinner, and we're doing the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party (also a surprise). Plus our 3 FP+ selections.

We went heavy on sit down meals, since we plan to be in MK all day, and I don't figure we'll accomplish much else. But it should be fun! :cool1:

We will also be there on Christmas Day! :santa: for the first (and maybe last :rotfl:) time. I'm excited, but realistic. Our plan is to arrive early, enjoy a lunch reservation at LTT and get the heck out. :)

Did that Christmas 2011 and will be there this year! Saw Van Halen 1984, 5150, OU812, 2004, 2008.

I must admit this is kind of a "bucket list" thing for me I'd like to try one day. But it must be at a time when I'm a) a lot richer than I am now so that I won't be bothered by not getting the most out of an expensive park day, b) without young children who expect to ride anything, and c) more personally tolerant of lack of elbow room. I'd just go up and down Main Street a few times, get some photos of the heavy crowds, and not even attempt any rides. I could tell my grandkids that I've seen Van Halen live (with David Lee Roth) and been to MK on Christmas Day.

We will be in the MK this Christmas. We have dinner ADRs at 1900 Park Fare. We are planning to come back to MK after dinner. What are the chances we won't be allowed back into the park? We are resort guests.

We did it in 2011 just to say we were in MK on Christmas. Like others have said go early and leave early. It gets insanely busy and doesn't seem like a fun way to spend Christmas. We had an ADR at Wilderness Lodge and I think we went to Epcot or DHS for the rest of the day.

It's cool to do once :)

We spent the day after Christmas there one year when I was younger. I remember it being sooooooooo crowded. People were everywhere. I was young though, but I do remember thinking goodness my parents gave me this as one of my Christmas gifts. :rolleyes2 I would love to do it again sometime, but do not want those crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter