Magic Kingdom morning emh don't bother

It's unfortunate the op was not aware of the conditions of Emh mornings, but with minimal research, the information is readily available.

What I find unreasonable is the title advising everyone not to bother.

We quit doing emh morning during paper fp as it just didn't work well with our park hopping. But I'd never tell people to not to bother because it could work very well depending on how you tour.

Since Fp+ started, we're back to using Emh mornings because they work for us.

Just because all rides aren't open doesn't mean emh isn't worth taking advantage of.

I think many veterans here are being a little hard on the OP.

I believe the strong reaction from the OP is eliciting a strong response from others. Blanket advice like the title never goes over very well and rarely applies to everyone. While I'm sorry the OP made an assumption, having a temper tantrum about it to a well informed group of individuals who have a categorically positive reaction to anything Disney related was probably not the best audience choice. :charac2:

Hopefully others can learn from OP's mistake.

I don't think we are being harsh at all. If you are going on a trip to somewhere you have never been before and don't do your research that is fine by me, but you can't complain when things are what you imagined them to be. If you would like to know what you are getting yourself into the take a few minutes/days/months and do the research. Disney doesn't normally hide what they are doing, what rides will be closed, what hotels are being refurbished. It isn't in their best interest to, thought they always have the CYA line of "thing might change", but lets be honest they try not to deviate from the schedule if they don't have to. There are also a TON of non official sites out there that will give you all the information that you could ever want. Also when you check into your hotel they give you times guides for each park that include what is open during morning EMH and evening EMH for each park. So don't go out and tell me that Disney isn't forth coming with that information. Even if you didn't look it up before you went down you are giving all the tools you need when you check in to your hotel.

I have been to Disney on many times and have worked for the company. There are times that I still have to go and look up information. It doesn't take that long. I guess what I am coming to is you can't complain about something and not expect snarky remarks if you didn't take the time to do your research.
Why is a snotty, snarky reply necessary at all? Can't you just say "I'm sorry you didn't realize the whole park wasn't operating during morning EMH hours". :confused3 There's no need for the 'yeah, you're stupid and should have known it wasn't open'. I've been to Disney frequently and had no idea the entire park wasn't open for morning EMH.

OP, I dont agree with those who say " you should have known". I found out about the areas not available two years ago, I don't think it is that well reported.
In any case, I love the EMH at all the parks and still feel they are the best way to get some extra, and valuable, ride time.

Yeah I don't think Disney themselves advertises very well that only select rides are open but that is just my impression.

Sorry, but we love MK AM EMH! We were at MK by 7am Easter week, knocked out Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and Circus area by noon, finished the entire park by 3-4pm.

That's the problem with the internet. Just because it was implied by you doesn't mean that was the posts intention or implied the same way by other readers.

We love it. We start at PP and hit every ride except 7D and Space Mountain. Many of them we do twice.

Why is a snotty, snarky reply necessary at all? Can't you just say "I'm sorry you didn't realize the whole park wasn't operating during morning EMH hours". :confused3 There's no need for the 'yeah, you're stupid and should have known it wasn't open'. I've been to Disney frequently and had no idea the entire park wasn't open for morning EMH.
I agree, I have been to Disney many times also and I didn't know the whole park wasnt open :confused3

The problem is that the OP didn't title his post "Heads Up: Only selected attractions are open for EMH at Magic Kingdom." Instead he choose to tell everyone to "Don't bother." He made an inflammatory (in my opinion) blanket statement advising all MK visitors not to attend EMH. If he had done just a little research ahead of time, he would have know which attractions were open and thus made the right decision for his family. EMH at Magic Kingdom works for us because it allows us to ride the Fantasyland rides including Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Dumbo, Little Mermaid and the Carrousel all within the first hour with little wait. We then don't need to get FP+ for these attractions.

I think the lessons learned on this thread are many:
1. What works for one family, doesn't necessarily work for another. Don't assume that the way you want to tour Disney World is the way ALL people want to tour.
2. Even a minimal amount of research ahead of time will make your trip go more smoothly
3. Don't come on the Disboards and post a thread about how bad Disney is when the fault was (mostly) your own

But to be fair to the OP shouldn't this information be something that Disney themselves provide ? They make a big point in ads etc. about the benefits of staying on property incl. emh , yet one has to search the internet in order to find this info and to find what is and is not open. The standard first timer likely wouldn't do that. The only reference I could find on their site was a vague reference to not all attractions are open and which ones were subject to change. It took us 5 trips to Disney before we knew there were limitations and we only found out when we stayed at AKL and the concierge filled us in(normally we don't do onsite) . It wasn't a factor for us since we don't do rope drop etc. but we too had wrongly assumed that everything would be open and would have been surprised without the concierge conversation. I guess to me it doesn't seem like a big leap to assume that, and I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to "research" what would, I think seem obvious(albeit in error).

But to be fair to the OP shouldn't this information be something that Disney themselves provide ?

If Disney provided good information, my DISboards post count would be about 268.

All one needs to look at is the abysmally incomplete PR-like "information" Disney provides on the best way and time to book and use FP+.

And, while we're at it, the info on how, where, and went to upgrade park tickets.

Last edited:
Don't come on the Disboards and post a thread about how bad Disney is when the fault was (mostly) your own

To me the issue is not that people here will reflexively defend Disney even after they watch Mickey Mouse bite the head off a live dove. That's true, and I've been on the receiving end of that pain.

The issue is that the OP is giving horrendously bad advice based on nothing more than ignorance and pique. Imagine if, after failing to secure a reservation at Sanaa that I was hoping for, I came here and posted a thread titled "ADRs Are Worthless, Don't Bother." I would deserve whatever grief I got for that.

Disney does provide the information that all rides and attractions are subject to availability. Assuming about anything is a bad idea. Assuming anything about your Disney trip is a really really really bad idea.

If Disney provided good information, my DISboards post count would be about 268.

All one needs to look at is the abysmally incomplete PR-like "information" Disney provides on the best way and time to book and use FP+.

And, while we're at it, the info on how, where, and went to upgrade park tickets.

Cant disagree with this :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter