• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic kingdom kennel help!

wdw_girl_18

DIS Veteran
I'm going to have my hermit crabs with me at disney world (no one will watch them for me. They're all scared of them!) I'll be staying at pop century. I would like to keep them at the kennel at the magic kingdom, but I have a few questions:

1. When I take the bus from the hotel, will they let me on with my hermit crabs so I can get them to the kennel at magic kingdom?

2. I called the kennel and they said they are at the ticket and transportation center at the magic kingdom. Is that where the hotel bus takes you? Or does the bus take you straight to the magic kingdom entrance? I've been here so many times and I just can't remember :confused3

Or in other words, how can I get my hermit crabs to the magic kingdom?????

Thanks so much!!

p.s. I will have a car at disney, but I dont want to pay to park just to go to the kennel and then go straight back to the hotel.

If I lived in Chicago, I would take care of them for you.
I would just leave them in the hotel room and put them up high where the maids won't knock them down. They probably won't bother them because the will be afraid of them too.

I agree with the previous poster...just leave them in the room and put them up on top of the TV dresser. Although, they never touched anything that was on the table so you could probably just leave them there, too, and they'd be fine. It doesn't make sense to pay a kennel fee for them (although I don't think a bus driver would even notice you carrying them if you didn't point it out).

I don't know the answer to question 1.

The buses take you directly to the front entrance of MK, which is across the lake from the TTC (where the kennel is). You would have to then take the ferry or monorail over to the TTC from where the bus drops you off.

If you're staying at POP, you do NOT have to pay to park if you drive your own vehicle. You get a parking permit when you check in, good for the length of your stay.

As the PP's said....why not just leave them in the room?

I can't answer #1, but if they are in a box I don't see why it would be a problem. Unless they are really, really big... :)

As for #2, the bus from POP takes you directly to MK. You could then take the Monorail back to the TTC. But if you have a car and are staying on property, simply check in at POP first. You will get a parking permit, and it won't cost you anything to park at the TTC after that. Also, you should be able to park temporarily at the kennel itself, which I believe is still next to the Lost and Found building. If you follow the directions to the Poly, after you take the left towards the Poly it will be on your right, just before you go under the monorail beam.

There are also kennels at all four, apparently...I just learned this. But at AK, you need to bring them INTO the park with you.

Edit: If I didn't keep getting interrupted by the kids, I'd have posted this sooner :)

Even if you are not staying on property you do not need to pay to park at the kennel. When you get to the ticket booth just tell them you are dropping off at the kennel and they will let you through. Same as if you were going to any of the hotels in that area.

Also just a tip try to get the closest booth to the right(the furthest booth to the right is the bus one) as the road to get to the kennel is on the right and MK parking is on the left. Sometimes while it's busy it's hard to cross over 3(or more) lanes of traffic.

Enjoy your trip!

I can't answer #1, but if they are in a box I don't see why it would be a problem. Unless they are really, really big... :)

As for #2, the bus from POP takes you directly to MK. You could then take the Monorail back to the TTC. But if you have a car and are staying on property, simply check in at POP first. You will get a parking permit, and it won't cost you anything to park at the TTC after that. Also, you should be able to park temporarily at the kennel itself, which I believe is still next to the Lost and Found building. If you follow the directions to the Poly, after you take the left towards the Poly it will be on your right, just before you go under the monorail beam.

There are also kennels at all four, apparently...I just learned this. But at AK, you need to bring them INTO the park with you.
Edit: If I didn't keep getting interrupted by the kids, I'd have posted this sooner :)

The kennel at AK is located to the right before you get to the turnstiles to enter the park. (Did they move it?). The kennels may have limits as to what animals they will accept. Does WDW have a policy on animals/pets in the rooms?

The kennel at AK is located to the right before you get to the turnstiles to enter the park.

Ah, I misread something...you need to bring them through the security check, not the turnstiles...

The kennel at AK is located to the right before you get to the turnstiles to enter the park. (Did they move it?).

Nope - that's correct.

The kennels may have limits as to what animals they will accept.

From the kennel page here on the DIS...

No native wildlife or exotic species are allowed in kennels.

I'd call ahead and confirm that they'll take them. I can't imagine why they wouldn't, but it would be lousy if you got all the way there and said no.

Does WDW have a policy on animals/pets in the rooms?

Policy is that no pets are allowed in the resorts. If it were me, I wouldn't chance leaving them in the room without anyone knowing. Last thing you want to happen is that mousekeeping finds them and freaks out. :sad2:

You can try to board them at Fulton's in Downtown Disney if the Kennels will not accept them. Call 407.934.2628. I don't think they'll have an issue accepting them; make sure to make arrangements to pick them up as you left them, though.

You can try to board them at Fulton's in Downtown Disney if the Kennels will not accept them. Call 407.934.2628. I don't think they'll have an issue accepting them; make sure to make arrangements to pick them up as you left them, though.

:lmao::rotfl:

I had to laugh, I didn't think you were serious! I'd watch them for you but I'm in Minnesota! If I were you, I'd just pack their little cage or whatever you keep them in, in your luggage and stick the hermies in your pocket and take them with. I highly doubt the maids will even notice or care! :laughing:

When are you going? If it's during the school year maybe a local school will take them for the week for the kids to oooh and aaaw over.

Thanks for all your help everyone!!!

So I called the kennel and asked if they watched hermit crabs. The lady (actually sounded more like a teenager) was like "WHAT!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU ASKING IF I HAVE CRABS????" :rotfl: oh my gosh it was so funny because she screamed all of that so loud. She thought I was her friend prank calling her. But after all of that she said they do accept hermit crabs, and she feels bad that I have to pay to board them there since they just sit in the cage all day.

I'm going at the end of june, and after disney I'm driving up to myrtle beach for a week (we have a condo). I just had to fit in a disney trip somewhere, especially since we are getting a free one day ticket :thumbsup2

Since we are going to be spending a full day at the magic kingdom the day we check out, leaving them in the room would not be an option. Its good to know you dont have to pay for parking to access the kennel at mk. I think I will just take the bus back to pop, get my car, and drive back to mk to get my hermit crabs. Then we can be on our way to south carolina. It's a waste of time but I think it will work out the best for us.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!! :goodvibes

p.s. fultons will not be on my list of places to leave my hermit crabs :scared1: :rotfl:

Curious, can't you just leave them home with extra food and water? Or simply take their aquarium deal into your resort? I highly doubt they'd have an issue with this...why pay if you can just take them along? I bet if you asked the resort, they wouldn't care...heck I wouldn't even tell them. I'd just take it with...

I think they're neat, till I saw one come out of it's shell! :scared1:

HAAAAAAAA!!!!! :rotfl:

I didn't read the entire post so I'm not sure if it has been said or not, but I know there is parking at the MK kennels. I'm not sure about the other ones, but instead of parking in the park parking lot you can park directly at the kennels and go in.

As a second option, what about a kennel near you?

Curious, can't you just leave them home with extra food and water? Or simply take their aquarium deal into your resort? I highly doubt they'd have an issue with this...why pay if you can just take them along? I bet if you asked the resort, they wouldn't care...heck I wouldn't even tell them. I'd just take it with...

I think they're neat, till I saw one come out of it's shell! :scared1:

We are going to be at the magic kingdom all day after we check out of the hotel (we would be at 7 or 8 in the morning) So I would still have to have somewhere to put them (which is why I was going to use the kennel for the whole stay of our trip). Do you think the resort would hold them after I check out?? I personally wouldn't care where they are kept, just as long as they are not sitting in my hot car all day (which I would never ever do) or sitting outside in the extreme heat.

I'll be gone for a total of two weeks, so its probably not a good idea to leave them at home. Although I wish I could. Its a hassle having to bring them along, but I don't want to come home to dead hermit crabs. When they die they smell sooooooooooooooo bad!

I didn't read the entire post so I'm not sure if it has been said or not, but I know there is parking at the MK kennels. I'm not sure about the other ones, but instead of parking in the park parking lot you can park directly at the kennels and go in.

As a second option, what about a kennel near you?

I can't afford a kennel near me (for 2 weeks) :sad1: we have a pet sitter for our cats and bunny but shes scared to take care of my hermit crabs. Which I don't blame her! My friends want nothing to do with them either! So i figured its better to bring them with me rather than risk having my friends kill them while im gone for two weeks (from not properly caring for them). These few days at disney are my only problem, since my hermit crabs will be welcome at our condo in S.C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter