Magic Kingdom, June 4, 1989

goreesha

Mouseketeer
I rescued from footage from my family's first trip to Disney World in 1989. The old Hi8 videotape was degrading, so there are parts where the audio skips a little bit. But most of it is fine.

31 minutes of footage of Magic Kingdom from June 4, 1989. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSi2XeZ5bhs

I love it!

My Mom wore her hair a lot like the lady in her 50s in this video.

I loved seeing the members only jackets too!

Oh man, I HAD one of those hats from my trip in the 90-91' XD

That was really entertaining to watch, thanks for sharing!

Aaaaaah!! Childhood flashbacks!!

I'm only 5 minutes in & I'm already laughing at myself while remembering my battery-powered sun visor.

Just started watching and at 1:25 it appears that the boat captain's pants are "stitched" together with a shoe string??? Crazy outfit! :lmao:

O.k. back to the show....

Our first trip was in April of 1989 and I just loved watching your video, thanks so very much for shareing it

Great video, I had one of those hats as well. Other than Splash Mountain not being there, I think my favorite time going to the Magic Kingdom was in the mid to late 80's, before the Skyway, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and Mr. Toad were removed. It was also nice to see Tomorrowland the way it used to be before they refurbished it. I always liked the older version better.

This is great! We stayed at the then-new Grand Floridian on our honeymoon in March 1989!

My first 2 trips to Disney World were in 1987 and 1989... I was 4 and 6, can't remember much except for this amazing 20,000 leagues under the sea submarine ride that doesn't exist anymore. = (

Wow, great video! I was only 6 years old and 22 years away from my first Disney trip... it's neat to see what it was like "back then".

My first trip was around this time and I had a visor like that too! This video SO brings back memories! Love it.

That's awesome! What's great is whomever was filming got a lot of the details like the park maps and signage, things that have changed quite a bit. My first trip was in 1986 so I don't remember much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter