Magic Kingdom in October

ppow

Earning My Ears
We will be out 15-30 October 2008 and am trying to plan Magic Kingdom days....... everywhere I look we get conflicting advice about when is best to visit MK.

Also need to take account of MNSSHP, EMH etc. As first timers we are VERY confused....... what would you seasoned travellers recommend and why?

Thanks

I would say its fairly quiet in October, but around the 23rd I think some UK schools have half term. But saying this whenever we have been in October it is alot quieter than other times we have been -july/august.
The mnsshp starts from 7pm at night.
If I was you, just go with the flow and go on the days that you want to!

We were there in October 2006 and we used Tour Guide Mike's recommendations for which parks to go to on which days and they were spot on. :thumbsup2 You pay a subscription fee to join his site (there's a discount I think if you access his site from the DIS - from the theme parks board). HE gives detailed info about why he picks the specific days. You don't get an itinerary but the least crowded days charts are invaluable.

This was one of our Magic Kingdom Days - and this was 2pm!!!

DSCF0893.jpg

It was a great trip - I'd love to go in October again!

PPOW,at that time of October your main crowd is UK 1/2 term,the US bank holiday has just passed so most US visitors will be at weekends.The Un-Official Guide (which is a US guide though well worth reading if you can get your hands on it,amazing what Trivia you can pick up & is a bit more in depth than the Brit's Guide) rates that time of year as 4 or 5 on their scale which is peak wait times of 45-54 mins-which is actually quite reasonable.I have read that the Park with morning EMH is the one to avoid that day but the evening one is ok.We are early risers when at WDW & are normally at the Parks for close to opening which allows you to get a headstart on the bulk of the crowd,we have never used a Touring plan but some people swear by them.As far as party nights,won't really affect you unless you are going in which case you will find MK busier than during the day as the US is huge on "trick or treat". My advice as 1st Timers is really to take your time,it is really easy to get caught up in charging round the parks trying to fit everything in! & lastly wear comfy shoes ,you cover a fair amount of mileage,in fact you will be surprised how much ground you cover!:scared1:
HTH SD:thumbsup2

We went the week before half term and it was just nice, noticibly busier with English people the half term week itself, but still bearable. We got front row views for afternoon parades on two occasions and walked into the MK at 9.50pm and saw Spectromagic, front row again with a few minutes wait. I don't think you will have too many problems. Although you need to plan you days to some extent be prepared to be flexible. Book yourself some restaurants for a break in the middle of the day. Crystal Palace is a must do, character interaction was good and the food lovely. MNSSHP is a must do, eat at Liberty Tree Tavern beforehand. We had such warm weather last year, much hotter than I was expecting but noticibly cooler the 2nd week so be prepared for the unexpected. Just do your homework before you go you can learn so much from here.

Hiya
Yes, I second Lizzy Lemon, we were there 3 weeks in October last year, we went for a cruise in the middle week, and when we returned we really noticed the tempreture drop. Just have sweatshirts for the evening, or buy Disney ones like we did if not! :thumbsup2
The MNSSHP is brilliant, and all of the rides are walk-ons generally so that a good time to take advantage of your fave rides.
I read somewhere that Mondays are the busiest day at the MK, so I always try to avoid it!!! But then maybe someone who likes going on Mondays made that up?! lol

Not very relevant to the post-but I had to say it anyway. Joanne your boys are gorgeous-what lovely pictures.

We have never been before but because we are staying offsite and can't take advantage of EMH, I have scheduled our days around them. Visiting a park after a EMH with the hope that everyone who went the night before won't want to get up and go to the same park again the next day. Whether this will work or not who knows but it the best I can come up with.

Kirsten

Weatherwise, Oct is a great time to visit as the humidity is coming down after high summer.

Our schools break up on the 10th Oct for 2 weeks so you may hear more Scots voices than English the earlier in October you go.

EMH can be found here for all the parks.

MK EMH October 1, 9, 16, 23, 30

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/earlyentry.htm

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for 2008, 7:00pm - 12:00am
October 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31, 2008

I would avoid going to MK on days with EMH and MNSSHP due to crowds and the park shutting early for the party.

We're going in October too. Just booked the flights today. Don't know where we'll be staying yet - but plan on staying on I-Drive (won't be renting a car).

Look forward to comparing notes / tips with you! :thumbsup2

We're going in October too. Just booked the flights today. Don't know where we'll be staying yet - but plan on staying on I-Drive (won't be renting a car).

Look forward to comparing notes / tips with you! :thumbsup2

It does seem to be a popular time to go.

DebIreland - have now subscribed to TGM after looking at your photo.Thanks

What great information you get from TGM - makes planning SO simple......

Also lets you know about US school hols!!

Looking forward to comparing notes/tips/ideas with everyone else who will be going out at about the same time

hi there, well im from the UK originally but live here now with my wife and daughter, and we have annual passes so we go pretty much every weekend, but you generally find October is pretty quiet. We boycott the place during the summer because its very busy, hot and miserable with all the lines and we dont start going back until the end of september. I think youve picked a great time ti come over.

Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter