Magic kingdom help

sersee05

DIS Veteran
I have 3 kids 18, 13 and 9. The two older ones love roller coasters. My dd13 loves everything. My dd18 loves rollercoasters but cannot be in a confined space like an elevator ( can't handle tot). My ds9...has more anxiety and likes tame rides ..like his mom!.

My son and I tend to just hang out where they let off or check out the gift shop. We have fun..and he usually gets a little something because he never complains. I am getting disney mixed up with universal. That has been our last few trips. Do a lot of the rides let off in ac gift shops?..I hope!

He is a little older now and will go on some rides but I can't remember the mk ones because I'm usually sitting with him. I made the fastpasses for ak and dhs. I try to get one he would like. For ak ..he likes kali. For dhs , I got toy story.

I'm trying to figure out my mk which I do tonight. I was thinking Peter pan..is that scary? I'm thinking of space mountain and maybe 7 mines for everyone else...he and I will just hang out with an ice cream.

I'm blanking on mk rides. Is buzz like a toy story or mib at universal? Jungle cruise is tame right? What about barnstormer? He loves test track.

Thank you so much...any suggestions on a 4th fp?

Yes, a lot of them empty into gift shops. Splash Mt steers you to a little one with the photo place, and Thunder Mt doesn't have one too close. You could maybe to Tom Sawyer Island then?
Peter Pan isn't scary. My 2 yo loved it. Buzz Lightyear is like TSMM-shooting aliens from the car. Jungle Cruise is just about as tame as they get :) Barnstormer is a pretty fast roller coaster, but it's meant for kids.

How about Pirates for your 4th fp?

Thanks alicat! I don't think I have ever been on Peter pan. Is that a good fp..I thought they said it was..

Barnstormer is one of the coasters that is fast but not big drops right?

I thought pirates was closed? I remember that one...he would like it

Anxiety person to anxiety person, Peter Pan is not scary. It looks like it's up high for a good portion of it, but nothing scary. My favorite attraction in MK is Mickey's Philharmagic which is a 3D show that you can go see anytime. I bet you and your son would like that too. Actually, even the rest of my family who ride tons of stuff love Philharmagic.

Thanks alicat! I don't think I have ever been on Peter pan. Is that a good fp..I thought they said it was..

Barnstormer is one of the coasters that is fast but not big drops right?

I thought pirates was closed? I remember that one...he would like it

Peter Pan is a must FP! The line is crazy long all the time. However, they did just redo the queue. I haven't seen it yet, but it makes me want to wait stand by next time I go to check it out. The Pirates line usually moves pretty quickly and the wait isn't typically as long (It also may be closed when you go, depending on when your trip is.)

Sorry guess I should have said that..lol its the first week in August .(next month). Ok Peter pan it is!

Hey itchin! I have some anxiety myself which is why I don't mind sitting with my son. He has this fear of ET. When we went to universal, we actually had to walk out of our way so he didn't see him..lol But he will watch river monsters on tv..lol

I think k he is a worry wart. Not a big fan of heights. He was fine with the people transit ride.. we did one like it at universal...nope! It had no sides...like a roller coaster car and track. was very nervous.

Will go to philharmonic! Never did that before either!

Sorry guess I should have said that..lol its the first week in August .(next month). Ok Peter pan it is!

Hey itchin! I have some anxiety myself which is why I don't mind sitting with my son. He has this fear of ET. When we went to universal, we actually had to walk out of our way so he didn't see him..lol But he will watch river monsters on tv..lol

I think k he is a worry wart. Not a big fan of heights. He was fine with the people transit ride.. we did one like it at universal...nope! It had no sides...like a roller coaster car and track. was very nervous.

I think your son makes a lot of sense! Rides should have sides! I am a worry wart too. I know you don't want to take any of the surprise or magic out of anything, but I find things go way better for me if I know what to expect. So watching videos of the rides on youtube can help a bit. It's certainly not the same as riding, but he can be reassured that nothing is going to pop out at him unexpectedly, and he can watch the ride end successfully, knowing that no one fell out.

Also, some places you can talk to the CMs at the ride who can provide some reassurance. I am claustrophobic and was reticent to ride the Harry Potter train, but the CMs were really great there. (I know it's not Disney, but same basic principle.) They told me it was like 3 minutes and that only rarely does something go wrong (i.e. it gets stopped), but they assured me that if it did get stopped, they could open the train doors so I wouldn't feel trapped. They also told me that there was a camera in each car and I could gesture to it if I got freaked out and they would come take care of me. I felt really secure after all that, and I was able to ride it twice. Anyway, if it's ok with your son, don't be afraid to let others know what's going on. When you're anxious, you don't want to say anything because you feel like a freak, but the truth is, it's freeing to just tell people, and everyone is anxious about something. Most people won't judge. I had friends whose daughter was deathly afraid of "face" characters. Made Disney World a bit of a challenge.

You know, I love E.T., but he is creepy looking!

Please don't let him miss Philharmagic. It's magical, and you're sitting in the safety of a cushioned seat the whole time.

Oh thank you itchin!! That was the nicest post. That's so funny about Harry potter.
My oldest daughter got on the train because we thought it was like a normal train. When she realized she was closed in she freaked. I got off with her.

YouTube is a good idea.. I won't let him miss philharmonic! With my oldest we would look where the exits are. If she knew there was a way out it was better for her.

I will speak up. . People always try to make it better. With et..he freaks my son out. My dh will tell him...but he is nice and just wants go home. Now that my son is older. ..he said..." dad..it doesn't matter what u say..I don't like him". Lol. I get it because I have some anxiety too.

When my son was younger he didn't care for a lot of rides while his older sister did everything... DS and I loved to ride the TTA (people mover) while DD and DH were on SM or we would do an extra turn on Buzz. He also liked Peter Pan and wasn't scared of that or we would go see Philharmagic. You can always take a walk through Swiss Family Tree House or ride the Magic Carpets ride. One time we went into Bear Country Jamboree but there was a song called "Blood on the Saddle" and that creeped him out... go figure! :scratchin

Will your son do Haunted Mansion??

Lol its weird what bothers them. Stuff I thought would scare him doesn't and vice versa . I don't think so on haunted mansion. I watched on YouTube and didn't think it looked bad. My oldest who is 18! Couldn't get passed the stretch room. Too enclosed. But I'm going to have him watch it on youtube and see what he thinks.. He doesn't like things jumping out at him..It didn't look like it did.

I just got done doing my fast passes. I got Peter pan and space mountain for early morning. I opted for the mine train. Only thing available is later at night. I'm not sure this is a good plan. I won't be able to get a 4th which I was hoping to do buzz. I'm thinking of switching to something else like big thunder. How good is mine train. What would you do?

If you want to ride it, I would hold on to the 7DMT because that ride's wait times are consistently much higher. You may find that an earlier time may open up. I like the ride, but I would not be willing to wait some of the super long wait times I see it normally has. Rides like a Buzz and BMT have same day FP+ availability where 7DMT does not, so I wouldn't be in a rush to change it. I would see if I could change the time vs changing the attraction, I'd keep checking on and off. Maybe others with more experience will post their thoughts.

It looks like it's up high for a good portion of it, but nothing scary
7a11.jpg

I believe your entire family will love Philharmagic. It might be fun for you and your son to "preview" it while the rest enjoy an attraction that he does nto like, and then you can surprise the family with this really fun attraction. My family never misses it! In August the AC is a welcomed respite as an added bonus!

I just got done doing my fast passes. I got Peter pan and space mountain for early morning. I opted for the mine train. Only thing available is later at night. I'm not sure this is a good plan. I won't be able to get a 4th which I was hoping to do buzz. I'm thinking of switching to something else like big thunder. How good is mine train. What would you do?

I agree that you should hang on to the Mine Train. It still is a really difficult FP to get, so if you want to experience it this is a good thing. I have no first hand experience because even though I had a FP for the mine train last October, we let it expire because our group (we were seperate parties who met up in MK) chose to go to the Laugh Factory. WE were okay with that, but it was not a must do for us.

We've never been on it..so I have no idea if it's a must do? My two dd's and dh are big coaster riders. I will hold.onto it for now. Do different fp times show up? So I might be able to snag one earlier?

I was concerned not being able.to get a 4th fp that day. Is buzz usually a long line?

Some people say it's a must do, others do not. There's no way we can tell you that. Like any other attraction, you will have to experience it and see for yourself. The only thing I will say, is that I liked it, but I wish that it was longer, and I when I go back this year, I'd like to ride it again, but with a FP+ , because I would not wait for it. People change their plans all the time, and it looks like there are still FP+ available for it, so yes, you may be able to get an earlier time. I don't know what to say about getting a fourth FP+ because the way I tour, that is not important to me. I plan out my days with my three FP+ and I have yet to get a fourth. Between rope drop and my FP+ I have usually gotten in everything I want to do for the day, but I'm not trying to cram as much as possible into one day. I have to go at a bit of a slower pace, due to my health.

You can go to these sites to see wait times:

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/mk_cheatsheet_v3.pdf

http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/wait-times

You can also get the My Disney Experience app and you can use that to just sign in and look at live wait times at the four parks any time you'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter