Magic Kingdom - HDDR

allie98

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before - but I’m trying to find out how to get from Magic Kingdom to Ft. Wilderness Lodge to attend Hoop De Doo Musical Revue. I know I have to take the water taxi from the TTC. But when I look at the overview map of Walt Disney World found on wdwinfo.com, it doesn’t look like the Ft. Wilderness is near water. Do I have to take the taxi then walk over to HDDR? I thought I read something earlier saying that the water taxi takes you to pretty much right at HDDR? Am I wrong?

You do not take the water taxi from the TTC. You board the FW boat at the MK docks. It will take you to the FW boat landing. From there it is only a couple of minutes walk to the HDDR.

You are apparently confusing Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness (campground resort). HDDR is at Fort Wilderness.

The boat from MK will drop you off at the dock at FW, after stopping at WL. The dock at FW is maybe 200 feet away from Settlement Hall, where HDDR is performed.

FW is a HUGE place, but the area concerned with HDDR and the boat dock is very easily walked on foot in less than 5 minutes.

You do not take the water taxi from the TTC. You board the FW boat at the MK docks. It will take you to the FW boat landing. From there it is only a couple of minutes walk to the HDDR.

You are apparently confusing Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness (campground resort). HDDR is at Fort Wilderness.

I think you're right.

OP: keep in mind that the boats from MK (not the TTC) go to both Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. They are separate resorts, but are next to each other, so they often share a boat.

Oh, thank you for mentioning that!! Where is the MK docks located?

Right in front of the park. You will walk right by them as you enter the park. There are separate docks for the Grand Floridian/Polynesian route and the Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness route.

IF you are staying at a WDW resort, just take the bus to MK. When you get off the bus, you will see the boat docks on your left, a bit down the walkway. The boats are clearly marked. The FtW boat will most likely stop at WL as well. When you get off at FtW, walk up the small hill and you're at Pioneer Hall...takes less than 5 mins total walking time.

If you are arriving at the TTC (staying offsite), take the ferry or express monorail over to MK..then to the FtW boat dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter