Magic Kingdom Bathrooms - GROSS

Sometimes when I read these posts I have to wonder.

Do I have insanely low standards? Or do some people have ridiculously high standards? I can't remember ever being grossed out by a Disney World restroom.

Now some restrooms along I75? Omg...yuck.

Sometimes when I read these posts I have to wonder.

Do I have insanely low standards? Or do some people have ridiculously high standards? I can't remember ever being grossed out by a Disney World restroom.

Now some restrooms along I75? Omg...yuck.

I've seen a messy bathroom at WDW from time to time- I've never seen one I classified as gross- or even close to gross. I'm pretty much a clean freak so I don't think it's a standards issues.

The bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom are gross. The smell like outhouses and are very dirty.

Backstage Magic Kingdom bathrooms are disgusting. I don't understand why or how Cast Members who love their Magic Kingdom so much are willing to allow them to become so dirty for other CMs who have to use them during their breaks.

I've seen my fair share of disgusting guest bathrooms and I'm always bringing it to the attention of a Custodial CM. If it is extremely bad, I will immediately ask for a leader.

I've seen a messy bathroom at WDW from time to time- I've never seen one I classified as gross- or even close to gross. I'm pretty much a clean freak so I don't think it's a standards issues.

No, I don't think it is a standards issue either. Except for the fact that as we all spend a lot of money on our Disney vacations, people want things to be perfect. I don't think Disney has low standards when it comes to maintenance. I think that like any other company, sometimes they get the staffing levels wrong. Or people call in and they can't get anyone in right away to replace them. Or Joe Public is sometimes a huge slob and wreck something you have just cleaned.

The bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom are gross. The smell like outhouses and are very dirty. I thought I was at six flags instead of Disney. This is part of what I par for. I have come to expect a clean bathtroom. I must say that Animal Kingdom!s bathrooms are pretty clean. You could tell they were working hard

That's a shame. I always appreciated how clean the Disney bathrooms are. I noticed a decline on my last trip a little over a year ago. They weren't nasty, but they weren't spotless like they used to be.

I think it's more about the fact that Disney used to be SO GOOD at stuff like this. And now they're just like everyone else.

I could go back 10-15 years on the Dis and pick up identical threads- People here feel quite free to complain and yet it's not a prevalent issue that I see on the boards- just something you read now and then like it's always been.

For instance-
From 5 years or so ago- haven't quite figured out how to get a search to pull up much older than this:

http://disboards.com/threads/the-monofail-and-more.2601800/

Last edited:
I think people are becoming more entitled, and as a result, messier. The attitude of "It is not my job to clean up after myself, they pay someone to pick up after me".

I'm sure there's some of that too. But it's still Disney's responsibility to do what they must to meet that need.

As for getting less for your money, really? There are many complaints on the Dis about all of the construction. They can't just toss up new rides in a month. They have been working hard for at least 3 years at adding to the parks.

You assumed I meant a new ride. There are lots of changes, tweaks that could be made to keep things fresh. Long lost characters was a huge success why not bring these characters out more often- rotate a meet and greet. Construction was been the hub, dvc at the poly, downtown disney. Captain eo closed- put honey shrunk the audience in there in the mean time or will it be empty for a while. I'm just saying my holiday cost more this year and more closures than additions. I'm not saying a new ride a year. But tweaks and rotating things or keeping high standards rather than closures for my extra $800. Pete says it on the podcast about disney construction timelines. He also talked about the bathroom conditions slipping.

Last edited:
The bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom are gross. The smell like outhouses and are very dirty. I thought I was at six flags instead of Disney.​

Odd. I just got back from WDW today after an Easter Week trip. The restrooms all seemed fine to me, with plenty of staff keeping on top of things. Perhaps I just don't have sufficiently high standards.

Funny you wrote about this. I made the same comments about the MK bathrooms needing attention the most of any park. We got home a week ago today from a 9 night trip. The only ones that seemed clean were the Rapunzel ones. Most the others had a lot of paper on the floor and just not your typical clean you see at Disney. Now having said that.... most every time I used a MK bathroom... there seemed to be a castmember in there or around the area about to go in to clean. I just think at more crowded times it's harder for them to keep up.

Just back last week, this was not my experience. In fact, I practically tripped over CMs in every bathroom I went into. Seemed fully staffed to me.

But I thought Disney fired all the rest room attendants. ;)

The only bad one I experienced was outside MK after MNSSHP last October. I'll cut them some slack for that since it was close to an hour past closing time.

Standards are pretty relative:

Although I have never seen a 6 flags level bathroom at disney. My local 6 flags is bad. The bathrooms are way to small and are badly lit (I think so you can't see just how bad they are) because they have someone in them most of the time but almost always have lines (and this is during the week not weekends) and were pretty gross. Espeically the ones in the water parks that are wet on top of everything else. If I ever saw this at disney I would be complaining. I dislike 6 flags for it too.

On the other side: I know the one time I would classify the bathrooms at work as gross they were still pretty clean there was just one spot that wasn't... if it was a disney bathroom I wouldn't have complained unless I happened to see a custodial CM on my way out. However for an office where everyone using the bathroom works here (public isn't allowed in this building) for someone to make the kind of mess that was in there that day (not blaming custodial since I know they only clean them once each morning) was just not ok. That one got complaints to custodial so that they would send someone for an extra cleaning that day. Otherwise it would have been left until the next morning.

The bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom are gross. The smell like outhouses and are very dirty. I thought I was at six flags instead of Disney.​

Odd. I just got back from WDW today after an Easter Week trip. The restrooms all seemed fine to me, with plenty of staff keeping on top of things. Perhaps I just don't have sufficiently high standards.
Or perhaps you are a man and the OP is a woman.

I actually have in recent years found more dirty bathrooms than clean. More Custodial staff are needed. I went to one at TCC that was absolutely disgusting but MK was just awful. Epcot wasn't too bad. It's not just the bathrooms, I will also mention that the floor in Buzz lightyear the last couple of times I went was disgusting as well.

I have been many times in horribly hot weather and most recently over NYE. The Tangled bathrooms (or Tinkle Towers as someone on the Dis referred to them before [forgetting who, I'm sorry!]) were messy but what I call "clean messy." There was some spare clean toilet paper on the floors, and spare clean towels around the trash can, but to me that was totally understandable on such an insane day. There was also an attendant in there working like crazy but I'm sure as soon as she finished, it was already messy again! Now that is what some people call gross but I didn't find it bad at all since everything on the floors was clean, just accidentally dropped. It was for sure humid in there but we were all a hot sweaty mess from the weather!

I think I tend to cut Disney more slack since there is just a never-ending sea of bodies, and they all need to go at some point! Now if it truly is disgusting and smelly I will politely bring it to someone's attention so it can be seen to, as I imagine even with such rigid scheduling and constantly cleaning, things might get missed. I am positive there are sometimes gross bathrooms at Disney, but the only time I've ever encountered any I would call truly gross was at Pleasure Island with the clubs! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter