• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Barber Shop

kid@heart

DIS Veteran
We would like to have our son get his hair cut here on his 7th birthday. Any tips on how to get this done? When should you go? Can you make appointments? In advance, THANKS!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Get there first. Go at RD. When everyone else heads to Dumbo, you go to the Barbershop. No appointments.

We would like to have our son get his hair cut here on his 7th birthday. Any tips on how to get this done? When should you go? Can you make appointments? In advance, THANKS!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Get there first. Go at RD. When everyone else heads to Dumbo, you go to the Barbershop. No appointments.

Yup. Open 9AM to 5PM every day.

Here's a map that shows the location-

MK-Tonys-Paths-061308B.jpg

My son got his hair cut yesterday right before the 3 parade. There was no wait at that time. It is really reasonable.

My son had his hair cut here on our last trip. It was 10:30 am and we pretty much walked up with not much of a wait. They don't take appointments, so depending on when you go, you're wait time will vary. It only cost $14 but we also tipped a couple $$ too. The barbers were very nice and did a pretty good job too.

My cousin is going with us this year and she wants to have her son get his 1st haircut at Disney World. She heard they did something special.

What do you know about that?

Thanks!
Karrie

My cousin is going with us this year and she wants to have her son get his 1st haircut at Disney World. She heard they did something special.

Yes, they do.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/magickingdom/mainst-shops.htm#bs

"First Haircuts" are the shops specialty. Children who receive their first haircut at the shop will get a complimentary Mickey Ears "First Haircut" stitched on the back and a certificate of the unforgettable event to take home.

Photos-

http://allears.net/tp/mk/mk_barber1.htm

One important thing to remember at the MK Barber Shop. When they removed the old antique cash register and put in a terminal to allow use of credit cards and hotel charges and the like they hooked into The Emporium's network. The register, unlike ones in table service restaurants, cannot handle tips as part of the transaction.

So if you are planning on using the Harmony Barber Shop please be aware that if you are using any sort of card you cannot add a tip on the card and should have cash available for tipping.

I got my son's first haircut their in September! They do give you ears, stickers, a lock of hair and a certificate for that! You can read about it in my tr if you want...

As for older kids, I think the cost stays the same at $14 but I know they can get like colored streaks in their hair too! :thumbsup2

We went mid-afternoon and had no wait. There was one other person in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter