• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

There was no line for AH. They were told they could not get in until 7. Period. In fact, she said one of the cast members was quite rude about it. They got their lanyards at 7 and went in.

There was no line for AH. They were told they could not get in until 7. Period. In fact, she said one of the cast members was quite rude about it. They got their lanyards at 7 and went in.

I was wondering when they would crack down that it's 7. that might actually be good news, I suspected their system couldn't handle a 7pm entrance ticket and maybe it's popular enough they put in the money to develop that feature. Crossing my fingers it's a sign it'll extend or even happen at other times of the year.

I was at mk on 2/2 on a ticket

At 4:15 I went to guest services to pick up my lanyard for dah

Cm said I had to return at 7 to get it

Finally after her talking why I had to wait, I asked for a supervisor

The supervisor then gave us our lanyards and told us we really are supposed to wait until 7 for them

Ok I understand that
I was trying to avoid using the wc at that time of the evening to avoid crowds getting to gs
Main Street can have some crowds when peeps stake out their spot for Wishes

And had a booked Wishes dessert party and also wanted to be there around 7

Did get the party lanyard and all was good going after that

We got our lanyards on 2/9 at 5:30 after having dinner at 'Ohana and drinks at Trader Sam's. No issues whatsoever, and we weren't the first. Wouldn't have mattered if they wouldn't let us in, as we are AP holders, but being able to get the lanyard early was great so we wouldn't have to fight the Wishes mob.

Man, I hope they offer this in October when I am there with my 3 DDs! I will find a way to pay for it....

Was there on 02/16.
We got there at 3:45 pm. At 4:05 they opened up the Event line and they were handing out lanyards. No problems at all. About 5 of us waiting in line for the opening.

Park was jammed when we got in. Had fast passes for Haunted Mansion, which broke down so we used them on Space, and Big Thunder. Most lines were crazy so we shopped, and ate from the bakery on main. About 7, wait times started to drop.

Once after hours started we did:

Big Thunder Mountain x4
Splash
Pirates x3
Jungle Cruise
Buzz
Space Mountain
7D Mine Train x3
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion

What a great night. Id do it again in a heartbeat. 3 hrs 16 rides, pretty good!
First time on BTMRR we had the while train to ourself. Came into the station after the ride and was told we could stay on and ride again. The CM said "they're about to have the whole train to themselves again. Thats crazy", and we did! What a great experience.

Only did Splash once as it was a bit chilly that night.

Did Mine Train 3 times in a row but unfortunately never got to stay on the ride, which would have been amazing. There were always people waiting to get on.

We could have stayed on at Peter Pan but we didnt ride that till 1015 and wanted to do other rides.

Finished off the night with Pirates where we had our own boat. Perfect way to end it.

I see you could also walk up to the castle where the stage shows usually are. Reminded me of the old days where you could walk through the castle.

Event lived up to my expectations. It was fantastic. Im not sure it was as dead as other nights. I say that mainly because there were always people at mine train. Still a walk on but you werent staying on the train.

Only thing was i found the snack carts were too far in between. Long lines at most of them, the one by Space had run out of water by 930.

Shopped at emporium after, looked like it was getting ready to close when i left there, about 11:25. Service there was lacking im sorry to say.

I hope Disney offers this again next year!!

Shopped at emporium after, looked like it was getting ready to close when i left there, about 11:25. Service there was lacking im sorry to say.

Interesting. When we walked past the Emporium at 11:10 every single door was closed and there was nobody inside. The Bakery/Starbucks was still open.

I'm still checking everyday to see if they have added any more days to the calendar. I wish they would let us know for sure so I can make plans.

I feel the same. I really want this to happen on the last week of April or first week of May. I have a nephew joining us late on our trip and it would be his only chance to visit a Disney park since, by then, we'll be moved over to Universal. I have very fond memories of e-ride night and want the rest of the family to have the same type experience.

I feel the same. I really want this to happen on the last week of April or first week of May. I have a nephew joining us late on our trip and it would be his only chance to visit a Disney park since, by then, we'll be moved over to Universal. I have very fond memories of e-ride night and want the rest of the family to have the same type experience.
I remember e-ride nights! They were so much fun. Way better than EMH.

Was there on 02/16.
We got there at 3:45 pm. At 4:05 they opened up the Event line and they were handing out lanyards. No problems at all. About 5 of us waiting in line for the opening.

Park was jammed when we got in. Had fast passes for Haunted Mansion, which broke down so we used them on Space, and Big Thunder. Most lines were crazy so we shopped, and ate from the bakery on main. About 7, wait times started to drop.

Once after hours started we did:

Big Thunder Mountain x4
Splash
Pirates x3
Jungle Cruise
Buzz
Space Mountain
7D Mine Train x3
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion

What a great night. Id do it again in a heartbeat. 3 hrs 16 rides, pretty good!
First time on BTMRR we had the while train to ourself. Came into the station after the ride and was told we could stay on and ride again. The CM said "they're about to have the whole train to themselves again. Thats crazy", and we did! What a great experience.

Only did Splash once as it was a bit chilly that night.

Did Mine Train 3 times in a row but unfortunately never got to stay on the ride, which would have been amazing. There were always people waiting to get on.

We could have stayed on at Peter Pan but we didnt ride that till 1015 and wanted to do other rides.

Finished off the night with Pirates where we had our own boat. Perfect way to end it.

I see you could also walk up to the castle where the stage shows usually are. Reminded me of the old days where you could walk through the castle.

Event lived up to my expectations. It was fantastic. Im not sure it was as dead as other nights. I say that mainly because there were always people at mine train. Still a walk on but you werent staying on the train.

Only thing was i found the snack carts were too far in between. Long lines at most of them, the one by Space had run out of water by 930.

I hope Disney offers this again next year!!

I was there 2/16 as well. Nearly identical experience and I agree with pretty much everything you said. I do think this event was perhaps more crowded than prior ones, probably due to it being on the front end of a busy holiday weekend (it's why we went down early, to be honest).

We only did 7DMT once because there seemed to always be a 1-2 train wait, opted to spend our time on other things.

I agree on the drink stations, had trouble finding one on the Fantasyland/Tomorroland side of the park.

Did see a group with large backpacks obviously filling them to capacity with sodas. I guess another reason we can't have nice things.

I was there with DS6 so we did Country Bears at one point (I know, a horrible waste of time at something like this). We were the only ones in the theatre. It was creepy. :-)

At one point we did Barnstormer non-stop 5 times in a row without getting off.

Just such a great event, so glad we got to experience it.

Hoping for May release dates soon. This is a must do for us if it's offered.

It seems that these have been only on Thursday is that right? We are there 5/8-5/15 and I'm leaving that Thursday, 5/12, open just in case. I do wonder if Wishes last showing on 5/12 will have any bearing on whether or not they would still have this event.

Interesting. When we walked past the Emporium at 11:10 every single door was closed and there was nobody inside. The Bakery/Starbucks was still open.

I found it like this but the door wasn't locked and someone was around to check you out. starbucks did this one night as well.

I have a friend who was at least week's AH event and when they tried to go there just after 4 they were turned away and told not to return until 7.
I was wondering when they would crack down that it's 7. that might actually be good news, I suspected their system couldn't handle a 7pm entrance ticket and maybe it's popular enough they put in the money to develop that feature. Crossing my fingers it's a sign it'll extend or even happen at other times of the year.

We got our lanyards at 4:45 on 2/16. No issues getting them early at all!

we got in at 5pm on 2/9, they had set up a special entrance and in fact a CM was walking around with a sign board pointing where to go :)
Looking at the reports from the other nights they just hit up the wrong CM/line. Others have gotten in well before 7:00 at the event last week.

Looking at the reports from the other nights they just hit up the wrong CM/line. Others have gotten in well before 7:00 at the event last week.

Yeah. I've responded to something else in this thread since, so had already read all that.

I was at mk on 2/2 on a ticket

At 4:15 I went to guest services to pick up my lanyard for dah

Cm said I had to return at 7 to get it

Finally after her talking why I had to wait, I asked for a supervisor

The supervisor then gave us our lanyards and told us we really are supposed to wait until 7 for them

Ok I understand that
I was trying to avoid using the wc at that time of the evening to avoid crowds getting to gs
Main Street can have some crowds when peeps stake out their spot for Wishes

And had a booked Wishes dessert party and also wanted to be there around 7

Did get the party lanyard and all was good going after that
Odd. We were in the park as we used Express Transportation over from Epcot. We walked to the front turnstile where they were handing out the lanyards to get ours. Had no problems with getting it, didn't have to go out, back in or anything. The CM checked us in with their iPad and gave us the lanyard. As others have said, each night they are out at 4:00. It's sad that someone in guest services wouldn't be aware of that. I guess for any others that are in the park and want to get their lanyard just walk a little further on out to the gate and get it then.

If (and I know that it is a big IF) they continue DAH into late April/early May, any thoughts/theories on what night(s) it might be? It was held on Fridays in January and Thursdays in February and March. Based on the current park hours, it looks like it could be either night. I'd love to do this event and want to keep my options open, but I'm also getting super anxious about nailing down my trip dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter