• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom...7pm???!!!

MY BRIGHT SIDE.........THERE ARE BASICALLY NOOOO MAJOR RIDE CLOSURES DURING OUR TRIP!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Hey, I'm in total agreement w/ you on that one! (We'll be there May 24-31) It seems like an accomplishment in itself these days! Plus, there will be a new one to look forward to. (Toy Story Mania)
For the record, if you've never been to AK on an EMH night, let me tell you they are FABULOUS! I always look forward to them and am kind of bummed I'll miss out this time around. I suggest you eat at Flame Tree--it will be basically deserted and you can go sit on tbe lake by waterfalls w/ a gorgeous view of Everest and chances are there won't be anyone else around you! Plus, we really enjoy the back to back Everest rides w/ only 10-15 min waits!:yay:

That was in response to this comment;
Originally Posted by fan1080 View Post
Ah, Disney Magic at it's finest........ making your money disappear from your pockets by charging you more for something you already paid for!

The world of free enterprise is great, eh?

For me it was a better deal paying $45 for a mk ticket and being in the park for 8 1/2 hours than buying a 1 day ticket and going at opening.

I think what was meant was:
You can buy a PPP event ticket (approx $45) and that will get you into the park--you don't HAVE to have a regular ticket too. So if you are buying tickets there, you can actually pay $45 for admission and get in at 4:00, have 8 hours in the park and low crowd levels, VS paying $70+ for a ticket, going in the morning w/ normal crowds and having 10 hours.

You can buy a PPP event ticket (approx $45) and that will get you into the park--you don't HAVE to have a regular ticket too. So if you are buying tickets there, you can actually pay $45 for admission and get in at 4:00, have 8 hours in the park and low crowd levels, VS paying $70+ for a ticket, going in the morning w/ normal crowds and having 10 hours.

yep :thumbsup2

Hey, I'm in total agreement w/ you on that one! (We'll be there May 24-31) It seems like an accomplishment in itself these days! Plus, there will be a new one to look forward to. (Toy Story Mania)
For the record, if you've never been to AK on an EMH night, let me tell you they are FABULOUS! I always look forward to them and am kind of bummed I'll miss out this time around. I suggest you eat at Flame Tree--it will be basically deserted and you can go sit on tbe lake by waterfalls w/ a gorgeous view of Everest and chances are there won't be anyone else around you! Plus, we really enjoy the back to back Everest rides w/ only 10-15 min waits!:yay:
okay - afraid to say it here - but we are staying offsite. :guilty: We usually stay on property - but it is so cramped and crowded and the buses took way too long the last time we were there. We are staying at Marriott Grande Vista. Anyway - we can't take advantage of the EMH - but thanks for that tip. I have heard good things about Flame Tree - and we've never been to AK - so we will definitely eat there. Can't wait for EE.

We will be there 5/23-6/5. Just missing the ride closures by a hair!!! I would've been :mad: if we had to miss POC (I think it closes on the 5th right?) or something major like that. They really should refurbish those things in the OFF season...don't you think?? have fun!!!

okay - afraid to say it here - but we are staying offsite. :guilty: We usually stay on property - but it is so cramped and crowded and the buses took way too long the last time we were there. We are staying at Marriott Grande Vista. Anyway - we can't take advantage of the EMH - but thanks for that tip. I have heard good things about Flame Tree - and we've never been to AK - so we will definitely eat there. Can't wait for EE.

We will be there 5/23-6/5. Just missing the ride closures by a hair!!! I would've been :mad: if we had to miss POC (I think it closes on the 5th right?) or something major like that. They really should refurbish those things in the OFF season...don't you think?? have fun!!!

Oh, bummer, but I understand.

POC (Pirates?) is closing for refurb? I didn't know that...it just reopened!:guilty:

okay - that makes sense. thanks!!!

Nope. There is a Pirate and Princess Party that night. (That I will be attending!:woohoo: )

Hey fellow Alabamian! We will be at the party as well and I think our trip dates coincide as well (05/24-05/31). :goodvibes
We are in Montgomery. How about you?

How on Earth are they charging you for something you already paid for? :confused: :confused3

When we go, we buy multi-day tickets, usually 8 day tickets, which works out to about $28/day. The 7pm closing is only for the party, so chances are the park would have been open past 7pm if they hadn't come up with the money grabbing tactic. Now, to stay past 7pm, you have to pay the additional ticket price. Creative marketing at it's finest.

Hey fellow Alabamian! We will be at the party as well and I think our trip dates coincide as well (05/24-05/31). :goodvibes
We are in Montgomery. How about you?

Small World! I'm just outside of Birmingham. Where will you guys be staying!?

When we go, we buy multi-day tickets, usually 8 day tickets, which works out to about $28/day. The 7pm closing is only for the party, so chances are the park would have been open past 7pm if they hadn't come up with the money grabbing tactic. Now, to stay past 7pm, you have to pay the additional ticket price. Creative marketing at it's finest.

same here. sounds like a ripoff to me. (I haven't been in a while - so I'm just catching on to what's going on here)

eta: or should I say...I SMELL A RAT!!!

i thought you already had to have a ticket to the park to be able to purchase a ticket for the ppp:confused:

is there any ppp's scheduled for june 8-15? and where do i find the shedule? is it on disney's web site?

Again though...MK is the ONLY park that would be closing early on those nights, so the option to stay in a park later than 7:00 is still available.

Just curious, do you have the same complaint w/ EMHs? It's basically the same thing--you have to pay extra to stay on property in order to benefit from the extra hours in the parks.

is there any ppp's scheduled for june 8-15? and where do i find the shedule? is it on disney's web site?

June 4th is the last one on the schedule at the moment (and most of us don't expect more dates to be added).

You've got to be kidding me!!!

MK closes as early as 7pm on some nights in MAY and JUNE??? Our 2-week vac. starts 5/23 and I was very surprised to see that MK closes so early some of those days. Even on Memorial Day!

Does anyone think they will extend these hrs for Memorial Day?

Yes, folks.... Disney is closing early so you can attend the "party" celebrating the "make Disney more money" holiday!

I am sorry but this is a rip off and I would complain if my vaction during a BUSY season was closed for the "party" LOL! It's one thing during the slower early season of Dec and Oct. What's next? Closing on Christmas Day at noon for a "party"? Closing on New Years Eve for a "party"??? One of the "Benefits" of going during busy seasons was suppose to be more hours.. Yeah????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter