Magic Key Renewals Start 8/18

Has anyone heard or seen anything about a DVC member discount? We used to get one on passes.
FWIW, last night I checked the DVC Member website but did not find ANY mention of discount for DLR Magic Key. Last year, they did offer $20 off the top two tiers -- but the offer had two restrictions/concerns:
a) It wasn't offered on Day 1 of sales. (The discount offer followed by a few days?)
b) It was only offered to those who purchased their Magic Keys at the ticket booth. Neither online nor phone purchases allowed the discount.

I stopped by the DVC Discovery office on Tuesday to inquire about any DVC benefits in the renewal process as we would be leaving the Grand Cal on 8/17 -- just one day short of the renewal window. It was suggested that we should be able to renew through DVC Member services (receiving any applicable discounts or benefits) -- but that suggestion was later overturned. The DVC rep actually ran follow-up and phoned us with the correction. (We are so grateful for her legwork and saving us from calling in and waiting on hold, etc.?)

Heads up if you have other people's passes in your app they are going to show up on your renewal page. You need to mark them as renew later if you are not renewing them.
Hmmm - I wanted to renew both mine and my Mom's. Pay for mine and use her CC for hers. Wonder if that will work. Maybe I will keep my extra windows going just in case.

Also, looks like you get a fresh slate of theme park reservations with your new pass. So you can have your current ones booked up and then book additional ones with your new pass. For example my old pass expires on 9/5 and I currently have 5 of my 6 reservations booked through 9/5. I can still book 6 more with my new pass. This is the same as when I renewed my WDW pass back in March.

I am down to 10 minutes on my laptop. It went down to 15 and then back to 20 and back to 16 and now down to 10. So definitely bouncing around a little bit. Desktop still shows over an hour, but the bar is definitely moving on that one too. Others have no movement still.

Yeah one tab in a different browser is definitely further along but still over an hour..lol. So here is hoping..

2022_08_18_09_54_24_378.jpg

Over an hour.... *yikes* I'm only a little nervous that I won't be able to get the inspire key... cause I don't want any other pass.

I didn't check if you could split payments.

I will report on that soon. I am down to 2 minutes. If I cannot split payments, I will just pay for both and get the money from my Mom.

Could you just renew one now and then get back into the queue to renew the other?

I could have 2 payments, but they had to be different types (so I could not do the 2 credit cards). I could have waited for one of my other queues (another is under an hour now), but I need to get back focused on working. My mom will give me the money or pay for a number of things to make up for it. It is not a big deal.

Most important to me, we are officially renewed at the Inspire level. So another year of Disneyland fun ahead for us!

What does it mean "no down payment" allowed? Can you still do monthly payments? Do they just divide the total by 12? Or does it mean "pay in full only" right now?

What does it mean "no down payment" allowed? Can you still do monthly payments? Do they just divide the total by 12? Or does it mean "pay in full only" right now?

Mine defaulted to monthly payments when I went to renew. I have not done monthly payments in over 10 years. Took me a few seconds to figure out how to change it to the full amount to be charged. I believe the amount that it listed I would owe today would have just been the amount divided by 12 months, but honestly I did not look at it too closely.

Mine defaulted to monthly payments when I went to renew. I have not done monthly payments in over 10 years. Took me a few seconds to figure out how to change it to the full amount to be charged. I believe the amount that it listed I would owe today would have just been the amount divided by 12 months, but honestly I did not look at it too closely.

Thanks!

I want to do the monthly payments this time but also wanted to do a down payment, but I guess I'll just deal with the higher monthly payments for now.

If it is like other Disney online ticketing, you can use ONE gift card during the purchase. You CAN combine gift cards up to $1K in value into one card separately through disneygiftcard.com
Thank you. I also have the Disney Rewards cards from Chase - are those the same process?

it means that you have to pay the total divided by 12. They are not allowing for a starting payment to make the monthly payments lower.

Got my some of my September and October park passes booked. This went rather smoothly this morning.

Just renew mine to Inspire key , SO HAPPY.
Quick question for you :

My Dream Key doesn't expire until September 3rd and email confirmation states that it will be automatically added to my account after old pass expires.
Did you see that too?

I was able to make reservations for my Inspire key with no issues just nervous until I see that barcode in my app, haha.
But have the confirmation emails anyway :)

Screenshot_20220818-103301_Chrome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter