Magic Key Program

If you read everything Disney has published on this (I know, who has time?) then you see that ALL references are to upgrading partially used tickets. While Disney doesn't say anywhere that you can't upgrade unused tickets, they don't say anywhere that you can. Disney bloggers and reporters also had been reporting that upgrades weren't going to be available for unused tickets. This annoys me but does not surprise me as no way to upgrade unused tickets existed in the app or on the website prior to the pandemic; you could only do this type of upgrade at the ticket booths before, and now of course, you can't do any Magic Key purchases or upgrades at ticket booths.
Sorry you had such a frustrating experience only to learn what you wanted to wasn't even possible. Disney really has been terrible with their messaging throughout this whole MK intro and launch.

Thanks, it is what it is and we will deal with it tomorrow as we have no choice. I was just hoping to get it done to get ressies for DL tomorrow and Sunday for DCA. If it gets to be too big of a pain in the tushie I will just do it Sunday night before we leave and deal with not having discounts this weekend even though it will go back to first day of use.

Are yours unused? Someone said that they heard they cannot be upgraded at this time SMH

Yes, mine are also unused. Changed my ticket reservation to this weekend so we can go to the park and upgrade there. Fingers crossed that AP reservations for our planned GCH stay in Sept don't run out before then! Bummed about paying for parking this weekend, but seems like the best we can do.

Yes, mine are also unused. Changed my ticket reservation to this weekend so we can go to the park and upgrade there. Fingers crossed that AP reservations for our planned GCH stay in Sept don't run out before then!

Good luck.

Yes, mine are also unused. Changed my ticket reservation to this weekend so we can go to the park and upgrade there. Fingers crossed that AP reservations for our planned GCH stay in Sept don't run out before then! Bummed about paying for parking this weekend, but seems like the best we can do.
If you can, please report back on how your upgrade went. Am in a similar spot with unused tickets. Was hoping to upgrade online today, but I guess that's not even an option anywhere (online or in person/booth).

I have been in the queue for three and a half hours and I’m at 20%. Disney once again has shown how inept they are to handle large volumes of web traffic. Why didn’t they open up one type of key per day only for four days to cut down on traffic? On day five they could have opened to all key types.

Someone else mentioned this earlier, but I'll say it myself. How is it that Apple can sell MILLIONS of iPhones without an issue and without any sort of queue system -- yet Disney's rollouts are always a total mess????
Always confused me too, and Disney is a huge company- I don't understand why their launch days never go smoothly. Even for smaller events with just a few thousand guests still have outrageous queue system.

Last edited:
If anyone is dumping a link with under and hour I would gladly take it off your hands. My two backup devices are only at 10% and over an hour since it kicked me out of my cart to start over :badpc: Hopefully this time they don't get me flagged for fraud for too many auths because their coding is jacked.

**Got a link thank you SO MUCH!! You guys are amazing!!!***

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter