Magic Key Program

ARGHHH Got in and it is a hot mess of coding. Won't load the #3 payment section, can't complete transaction. I've tried everything~

I just looked at my California Resident Discount ticket that I have used 2 days and underneath it says upgrade ticket to a Magic Key. I believe this is just an error but has anyone upgraded these tickets?
it likely won't go through if you tried.

Yes and there is not "upgrade" option. I have updated, forced closed, logged out and logged in and nothing. And these are regular 2day 1park tickets not special

ETA: These are unused never scanned in the park passes. We are scheduled for tomorrow in Disneyland. So if all else fails I will wait until then. But so frustrating as I did not want to spend part of my first day in the parks since Dec 2019 dealing with this garbage.

ETA2: This is what I see...

View attachment 599763

I'm in the same position. I also have restarted my iPhone and deleted and reinstalled the Disneyland app to be sure there's nothing being cached. Still no option to upgrade.

I'm assuming the payment issues people are having is impacting the wait times. I was at 41 minutes and it jumped back up to over an hour.

:mic: Come on Disney!

Is your ticket partially used or unused? If the latter, my understanding was you can't currently upgrade an unused ticket at all right now. But if the former, I'm also seeing reported issues with the app so that may be the problem.
I edited my original post. We do not use them until tomorrow. No where does it say that unused tickets cannot be upgraded. What a mess.

I'm in the same position. I also have restarted my iPhone and deleted and reinstalled the Disneyland app to be sure there's nothing being cached. Still no option to upgrade.
Are yours unused? Someone said that they heard they cannot be upgraded at this time SMH

I recently started following someone who is well regarded when it comes to checking Disney sources, which is only reason I knew. She posted this yesterday.View attachment 599764

Well I will just deal with it tomorrow. It sucks but it is what it is as that is a lot of money towards the passes.

Next question I guess, was anyone that was able to upgrade allowed to add more money down and do payments?

Are yours unused? Someone said that they heard they cannot be upgraded at this time SMH

If you read everything Disney has published on this (I know, who has time?) then you see that ALL references are to upgrading partially used tickets. While Disney doesn't say anywhere that you can't upgrade unused tickets, they don't say anywhere that you can. Disney bloggers and reporters also had been reporting that upgrades weren't going to be available for unused tickets. This annoys me but does not surprise me as no way to upgrade unused tickets existed in the app or on the website prior to the pandemic; you could only do this type of upgrade at the ticket booths before, and now of course, you can't do any Magic Key purchases or upgrades at ticket booths.

AAAAND I'm out. It never worked, kept giving random coding errors and then put me back in a new queue with a new code, I'm guessing because I took too long. I. Am. Done.
I'm so sorry :( I have one queue ID still open (since they let us in) and the progress bar is half way... I'm happy to give you the Queue ID number.

Well I will just deal with it tomorrow. It sucks but it is what it is as that is a lot of money towards the passes.

Next question I guess, was anyone that was able to upgrade allowed to add more money down and do payments?
Sorry you had such a frustrating experience only to learn what you wanted to wasn't even possible. Disney really has been terrible with their messaging throughout this whole MK intro and launch.

And they actually hit my card for an auth every. single. time. that I hit confirm. OMG this gets worse and worse. I just had to sit on the phone with my bank and clear that one up. I got flagged for fraud. OMG. I'm dead.

Last edited:
I was able to to purchase our Keys, but not without the stress of pages not loading and the script being in a language I didn't understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter