Magic Key but no DVC AP

The person was saying that buy it now and don't wait since Gold Pass might be gone. Disney has said nothing but if you wait and they do change it then it will likely be for the worse.

Again it was just their thoughts nothing factual from Disney at this point.
Exactly. Sorry to be confusing. It’s just my opinion that the Gold pass may go away. IMO there is no reason to wait because, at best, Disney will still offer the Gold pass. Worst case, the gold pass is gone. I have no official proof.

I would say that there is just about a zero chance that whatever they come up with for us now will be better than the Gold Pass. I would buy the Gold Pass now because you won't be eligible for it once they start selling the new passes.

Depends on what you mean by “better.” I’d love a pass with more blackout dates or weekday only or only when staying on site, or a lot of other configurations that would work better for me.

Depends on what you mean by “better.” I’d love a pass with more blackout dates or weekday only or only when staying on site, or a lot of other configurations that would work better for me.
If those passes were less expensive, they might be better for many DVC members

IMHO, the reason DVC is not offered passes with more black out dates (silver, or other), is it would skew the room demand too much.

No real data to back that up… just seems logical.

Why would you want more blackout dates or weekend blackout dates?

So we just called today to take advantage of the 'loophole' allowing existing DVC AP holders to renew if you had a pass during the pandemic. We're now awaiting a call-back, with the intention of getting gold passes for our Jan. 2022 trip and other trips in 2022. Now I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until closer to our Jan. 2022 trip in hopes a discount is announced for DVC members. Thoughts?
I called July 19th, still waiting for call-back. They told me it could take up to 30 days for the call. Just FYI. I would not wait if you want an AP. I'd be shocked if the new alternative was better or cheaper than what is being offered now.

They are saying the Gold Pass will be end of lifed and only the new pass types will be sold.

Example the new "DVC" Pass could be one with a much larger blackout calendar where it doesn't work for your trips. It could also be one with worse discounts in stores.

Flip side if you buy the Gold Pass and its "better" I would suspect Disney will let you trade it in to "upgrade" to the new pass.
Who are (They) that are saying this?

IMHO, the reason DVC is not offered passes with more black out dates (silver, or other), is it would skew the room demand too much.

No real data to back that up… just seems logical.

That makes a lot of sense especially for WDW where they have a lot of DVC

If there isn’t a decent AP to be offered as perk for members, it does make direct a harder sell.

Of course, DVD isn’t in charge of the product but stilll, I can’t believe it wouldn’t be considered in any potential change that could be coming.

I am never going on peak days and I could plan around weekends. Especially if that pass were cheaper, it's a good fit for me and probably many others.
Call me cynical, but I can't imagine a world in which Disney is looking for a way to make it cheaper for anyone, including AP holders. What I can see is a "pay more, get less" configuration. If I could renew my AP today, I would!

I know you can upgrade tickets to AP at the ticket booths. Can you upgrade to DVC Gold (if it is available again) at the ticket booths?

Meaning, I think I read that to purchase DVC Gold you have to call Member Services (DVC - rather than WDW ticketing) so can the ticket booths upgrade to DVC Gold in person?

I know you can upgrade tickets to AP at the ticket booths. Can you upgrade to DVC Gold (if it is available again) at the ticket booths?

Meaning, I think I read that to purchase DVC Gold you have to call Member Services (DVC - rather than WDW ticketing) so can the ticket booths upgrade to DVC Gold in person?
I believe you can, because they’ll be able to see your blue DVC member card (and your ID of course). We upgraded regular tickets to Gold APs at GR in DS a few years ago. You have to call MS to buy over the phone because they can verify your membership, Ticketing can’t verify it on phone or online.

I believe you can, because they’ll be able to see your blue DVC member card (and your ID of course). We upgraded regular tickets to Gold APs at GR in DS a few years ago. You have to call MS to buy over the phone because they can verify your membership, Ticketing can’t verify it on phone or online.
Thanks! That is what I was hoping.

My gold pass expires in September but I renewed it yesterday so I could lock in park passes for our December trip. Cost was the same as last year to renew - $650.72. They can only be renewed by calling MS.

So we just called today to take advantage of the 'loophole' allowing existing DVC AP holders to renew if you had a pass during the pandemic. We're now awaiting a call-back, with the intention of getting gold passes for our Jan. 2022 trip and other trips in 2022. Now I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until closer to our Jan. 2022 trip in hopes a discount is announced for DVC members. Thoughts?
Update: I called July 19th. Just got the callback today, August 5th. So about 17 days for the callback. It was super-quick over the phone, less than 10 minutes. I got the DVC Gold APs.

We know you can renew WDW APs, and it sounds like they are going to announce DL Magic Key as a replacement for DL APs. Disney Paris APs are back. However, as a DVC owner, I check every day to see if I can purchase a WDW AP, and I hear no news whatsoever. I’m scheduled to be at WDW at least 15 days before June 2022, and I can’t get any information regarding what will be available to me.

Yes, it’s true I don’t have to go to the parks everyday, but since it’s a timeshare, I have to use my points. You’d think the DVC group wouldn’t lag behind just about every other announcement. Frustrating.
It is frustrating, we just moved here so we have a couple FL. resident options at least, but we are waiting for news as well. I think DIS is waiting to see how well this works at DL. As after all these years, they finally understand what works their might not work here, and imagine, it only took 50 yrs and a virus for them to figure that out. LOL>
I check a young guy on youtube frequently, Mickey Views. He isn't wrong much , and when he is, not by much.

You can't compare DL and DL Paris to WDW. I'm sure there is a plan already, just need enough CMs to get hired and trained. Lots of things reopening need people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter