• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic June 11-18, 2017 Northern European (Baltic) from Copenhagen

lynette j in la

Mouseketeer
June 11-18, 2017 - 7 night Northern European Capitals in the Baltic from Copenhagen on the Magic

Hi! Please join us for the Northern European Capitals cruise in the Baltic leaving Copenhagen June 11-18.

DH and I are booked to go on this cruise with my two adult kids, my sister and her husband as well as my other sister and her daughters. It should be a fun time!

Hello and great to finally see a meet thread for this cruise! I expect more and more to join the thread as we go - it will go by fast - I hope! We booked opening day and are hoping the 2nd time is a charm - we booked this itinerary for Jun 2015 but had to change itineraries due to schedule conflicts. Oh well, we changed to a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise so can't complain about that either! I am sailing with my wife, my college son, middle son and daughter. I have been to Europe on my own a lot on business over the years, but this is our first family vacation to Europe - and the first time for the kids - so I am so excited for the family. They will love it! Fingers crossed and hope this one happens!

My husband and I have booked this cruise. We have traveled in Europe before. Really looking forward to this cruise!

Well - we are getting more excited ourselves now too - and so is our commitment to this cruise! We just booked our airfare - Kayak alerted us to a $600 per person price drop today and for 5 of us - thats a nice $3000 savings! And its as close to as cheap as I have seen it for us at least - our airport is not the cheapest for international travel (I am jealous if any of you are from Chicago - some nice fares there to Copenhagen on Icelandic Air or SAS)! Its a bit early to book - but at least by booking this far in advance we had our pick of seats and were able to grab 5 of the only 28 economy plus seats. They go fast on the international flights and I can use all the room I can get.

Next for us is to figure out a hotel thats reasonable for 5 - or go the airbnb route. If any of you have tips on Copenhagen hotels for bigger groups would love to hear them!

Extremely excited for this cruise. Have taken day trips in the past. However, this is the first time we can say we took a day trip to Russia. Ninth Cruise with Disney and first with them to Europe. I am sailing with my mother, college daughter, and 15 year old daughter.

So excited, we just booked our cruise! This is our third European cruise, we've done the 7 night Mediterranean and the 7 night Fjord cruise. So excited to go back to Copenhagen and most excited for St. Petersburg!

Kevin - my family (husband and 2 sons) and I went to Copenhagen last June for the Fjords cruise. We read a few reviews for hotels on Disboards and we stayed at the Tivoli Congress hotel. It was great, they are very kid friendly and even have a kids play area, complete with bounce house, ping pong table, bikes, games, and a mini golf course (indoors)! There were a ton of Disney cruisers staying there, and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. We've already booked the hotel again for the cruise this June.

Good luck finding a place!

Well - we are getting more excited ourselves now too - and so is our commitment to this cruise! We just booked our airfare - Kayak alerted us to a $600 per person price drop today and for 5 of us - thats a nice $3000 savings! And its as close to as cheap as I have seen it for us at least - our airport is not the cheapest for international travel (I am jealous if any of you are from Chicago - some nice fares there to Copenhagen on Icelandic Air or SAS)! Its a bit early to book - but at least by booking this far in advance we had our pick of seats and were able to grab 5 of the only 28 economy plus seats. They go fast on the international flights and I can use all the room I can get.

Next for us is to figure out a hotel thats reasonable for 5 - or go the airbnb route. If any of you have tips on Copenhagen hotels for bigger groups would love to hear them!

That is so great to hear - turns out we will be some of those cruisers at the Tivoli! We actually booked the Tivoli Hotel in Sep after reading similar reviews on Disboards - I was lucky and able to get a great deal on Booking.com for 2 rooms. My kids are older - 21-16-14 - so we need the space of 2 rooms! We are actually staying in Copenhagen 3 days before the cruise and 2 days after. For after the cruise, I booked the Admiral Hotel - it looks so unique in a different neighborhood, so we wanted try to mix it up.

If you have any suggestions on things to do and places to eat in Copenhagen (especially for finicky eaters but still with local flavor!) please let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

We have made reservations at the Tivoli also. It is one of the Disney hotels so we can get transportation to the cruise.

My 9 year old daughter and I will be taking this cruise as our 2017 Daddy Daughter trip.

First DCL for both of us, we sailed Princess to Alaska for our 2016 trip.

Hello everyone!

2nd cruise for our family. First was to Alaska. We are super excited for this trip.
Anyone know if there is a fish extender signup yet for this cruise?

Hi all, just found the forum. I'll be sailing with my 13 year old daughter and good friend and her 16 year old niece. Number 7 for us, number 4 for my friend, first time for her niece. Last for us was Southern Caribbean on the Wonder Jan 2016. Should be interesting with 2 teenagers in a cabin. We're also interested in a fish extender group.

Hi all --

Just booked this cruise! Bringing my mother, 15 year old son, and 13 year old son. Would love to join a Fish Extender group as well. Have not figured out flights nor pre/post trips yet so would love to hear yours and/or suggestions. This is our third Disney Cruise, been on the Fantasy in the Caribbean/West Indies and the Wonder for Alaska.

Hi all --

Just booked this cruise! Bringing my mother, 15 year old son, and 13 year old son. Would love to join a Fish Extender group as well. Have not figured out flights nor pre/post trips yet so would love to hear yours and/or suggestions. This is our third Disney Cruise, been on the Fantasy in the Caribbean/West Indies and the Wonder for Alaska.

Welcome! I hope our board posts are starting to pick up now - deposits will be due soon so I guess the cruise is close enough to begin to feel real... :-) I can certainly share what we are doing pre/post and flights. Overall, we are doing what I have heard a lot of people recommend which is to spend as much time as you can in Copenhagen, because it's a wonderful place with lots to see and do, as well as it helps with jet lag before the cruise! So we are staying 3 days before and 2 days after the cruise to sightsee around Copenhagen and see other towns in Denmark. Mass transit is superb in Europe and Denmark is no exception. So we plan to buy multi-day transit cards and get around by bus/metro/train.

We are staying at the Tivoli Hotel before the cruise which Disney Cruise Line uses so it is highly recommended, but I booked it myself much cheaper on Booking.com. And for our return days we are staying at the Admiral Hotel which is in a different part of town to give us some variety. Hotel prices are very expensive in Copenhagen especially if you stay near the city center, so you need to keep checking and looking around. If you wait closer to the cruise you can find good deals on unsold rooms - but book something now to hold a room just in case! I checked daily and grabbed a rate when it seemed right but I still keep looking - prices fluctuate quite a bit. Kayak works great for this.

For flights, we are probably not a great example as I am in Cincinnati and our airport is one of the most expensive in the US! So my initial reaction was extreme sticker shock! Copenhagen is one of the more expensive European airports to fly to especially in the summer. I was lucky and got a good fare from Delta leaving Cincinnati and connecting through Paris. Initial prices I saw were upwards of $1500 per person for us! But keep in mind my airport is not cheap. But my research did find some great deals out of Chicago on Icelandic Air and SAS, and we almost considered driving up there until I got lucky. So look at those airlines and/or alternatives airports including others in Europe if you want to try to save. Also book now - European airfares for the summer are typically the lowest right about now - Dec/Jan. They typically will start to go up and up from now on. So if you see something get it now. You likely will not find it cheaper - unlike the hotels.

Hope this helps some!

Will be sailing with my husband, our 9 yo daughter, my sister-in-law, her husband and their 7 yo daughter. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise, but I've never heard of the fish extender group...sounds fun and I think the girls would love it, please include me. I have booked RT airfare to/from Copenhagen but still looking for a hotel for 1 night before cruise. Also we don't fly back to U.S. until the 23rd so researching a place to go for 5 days post-cruise...we're thinking about Amsterdam.

We were able to book nonstop flights from Los Angeles to Copenhagen on Norwegian Airlines at reasonable fares in their premium economy class, which made everything easier. If anyone else looks at using Norwegian, you can save about 20% on fares by using their norwegian website (not US), which uses the NK exchange rate, and is quite advnatgeous.

Super excited for this cruise with my husband and 2 kids. This is only our 3rd Disney cruise but we love them! Also i just found out about Fish Extenders...never knew about them before.

Last edited:
Our family is looking forward to this cruise! There will be five of us including myself, my husband and our three kids (ages 3, 7 and 8). We are also interested in the fish extender group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter