• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic In Paradise: 10/8-10/15 2011. All cruisers check in here. (#2)

Very nice - I was thinking of calling tomorrow.

may as well, see if we get lucky with the Lion King which is not on their list. I know it was only for 2 weeks in the theaters, but the ships don't count for that.

As long as your phone stays in airplane mode you can keep in on to play Angry Birds (or whatever other addictive games you have installed) all you want with no charge.

I just checked with my carrier, Verizon, and the cost to make calls on the ship is $2.49/min. Text messages are $.50 per message sent and $.05 per message received.

Ya know I gotta check this Angry Birds things out. My 6yo niece plays it on my sister's phone.

Well just wanted to share my details from a very busy and fun day. First, I made a big mistake. I set my alarm on my iPhone for 8 P.M. not 8 A.M. Oops. So I overslept till 10. Was on a bus within 20 min (I shower at night, helps me sleep) headed to MK. Upon entering MK I was given this:
63b88374.jpg
. Cool huh. Then I got in line for the pins that I wanted. Then my friends and I went on Space Mountian the Peoplemover, Space Mountian again, Buzz, dinner at CRT, then Space again. The park was packed but today Fastpass was the way to go. After the third Space I had to go to the Yacht Club to meet up with my friend who got engaged on the Illumanations Cruise. Then of course the drinking followed. Tomorrow not sure what is on tap except Boma for dinner.

Weather alert or even better for us NO alerts at all

The forecast for Friday and Saturday for PC is a high of 83 and low of 71 with sattered showers.:banana: Normal Florida weather. Even better is there are no hurricanes currently threatening our cruise :cool1::cool1: It should be 86 degrees and sunny for us in CC. :yay::yay:

Well just wanted to share my details from a very busy and fun day. First, I made a big mistake. I set my alarm on my iPhone for 8 P.M. not 8 A.M. Oops. So I overslept till 10. Was on a bus within 20 min (I shower at night, helps me sleep) headed to MK. Upon entering MK I was given this:
63b88374.jpg
. Cool huh. Then I got in line for the pins that I wanted. Then my friends and I went on Space Mountian the Peoplemover, Space Mountian again, Buzz, dinner at CRT, then Space again. The park was packed but today Fastpass was the way to go. After the third Space I had to go to the Yacht Club to meet up with my friend who got engaged on the Illumanations Cruise. Then of course the drinking followed. Tomorrow not sure what is on tap except Boma for dinner.

Very cool!

Just got off the phone with DCL, here is the list of movies currently scheduled to be showing on our cruise (subject to change):

Toy Story 3 in 3D
Tangled in 3D
Tron:Legacy in 3D
Gnomeo and Juliet in 3D
I am Number 4
African Cats
Prom
POC on Stranger Tides in 3D
Cars 2 in 3D
Winnie the Pooh
the Help
Fright Night in 3D
Real Steel

Do you have to add anything to your Verizon plan for international for those rates?

Not as far as I could tell. You can see the rates by going to VerizonWireless website and searching for international roaming. Various cruise ships, including the Magic are listed as destinations.

I am fine with the tip letter. They are making it easier for everyone the way I look at it. Now if I just want to give the standard tip, then I need to do nothing. If I want to up it, I will go to GS at like 2 in the morning while everyone is asleep to up it. No big deal to me.

I am fine with the tip letter. They are making it easier for everyone the way I look at it. Now if I just want to give the standard tip, then I need to do nothing. If I want to up it, I will go to GS at like 2 in the morning while everyone is asleep to up it. No big deal to me.

I too will keep an eye on the guest services desk and stop by when there is little or no line to add a few more dollars to our tip. The change announced in the letter probably won't affect me much.

I do wonder how it might change the tips that our hardworking CMs receive. I can see a lot of average cruisers who under the old system may have added a few extra $ to the suggested amount who now will just accept what gets added to their bill and consequently the CMs get a little less.

What was the change. It looks like all they did was add it up. 1 buck for the head server per day, 3 bucks for the assistant server per day, and 4 bucks for the server and room steward per day. All per person. So I am not sure were the change is? What did I miss?

What was the change. It looks like all they did was add it up. 1 buck for the head server per day, 3 bucks for the assistant server per day, and 4 bucks for the server and room steward per day. All per person. So I am not sure were the change is? What did I miss?

You didn't miss a thing Alan!! That's what I've been saying. Instead of getting a letter on Wed, they are giving it to you up front. The amounts are exactly the same. I really don't understand what the big deal is. A rose by any other name...you know. I've been on Holland America and NCL and they do the exact same thing...automatically charge your cabin the "suggested" amounts but you ALWAYS have the option of adjusting up or down accordingly. I just don't see a problem here. People need to relax and just enjoy their vacation. The bottom line is it's NOT costing anyone anything more than what has ALWAYS been on the website as far as tips!

Either I haven't been paying attention or haven't asked yet, but does anyone else on here have any lil ones they are taking on the cruise? We have 2 DD's 8&4, and just wondering if they will have any playmates.

Zippy,

I have 2 DDs, 6 and 9. Maybe they'll hit it off at the meet!

Nothing like heading to church my mind completely on the Mass that I'm heading into(for once lately) and being commandeered by my nun to tell me that the AVON slot at our upcoming Crafts Fair in Dec. is mine to refuse:lmao:

Well, there goes concentrating on the Mass(sorry God). Now I just have an email into my District manager to ask how much stuff i need before i say yes or no. I haven't done 1 of these before:rolleyes1

So much for a slower life AFTER the cruise:rotfl:

Back from our doggie festival. Onslow had a wonderful time sniffing and walking, and he's ready to go down for hte night. Got him a bandana that goes on his collar so he can be a proud PACK doggie:banana: Getting some more stuff printed for Fe's and watching NASCAR at Dover.

Got the final load of wash in so i can pack the suitcases at some point. Lots of finishing to do while the race goes on and we'll switch off with the game at 4:15:thumbsup2

Just finished catching up with the last month of posts. Man! You people generate a lot of reading!

It just does not seem real that our cruise is in less than 1 week. I have been so overwhelmed with work, getting the girls ready for school each day (which is a full time job in itself), carting them to their music lessons, leading both of their girl scout troops, trying to sell girl scout cookies in this ridiculously cold weather we have right now, making FEs (finally done, YAY!) that I haven't had much chance to enjoy the anticipation.

So today, as I finish the 9th load of laundry and read what everyone else has to say, I'm finally getting there. :goodvibes

Now I'm off to the pet store to buy loads of dog paraphenalia. The girls' birthdays are the beginnings of November and December. The Friday after we get home from the cruise, they are each getting a cockapoo puppy as an early surprise gift. I just can not wait to see their faces when they realise what's happening! Just got to make sure I have everything we need to get started before they get here. And I need a good hiding spot. Our house is so small, there are not many hiding spots. Something that irritates Santa every year!

Ooooh, can't wait to meet you all!!!

Just got off the phone with DCL, here is the list of movies currently scheduled to be showing on our cruise (subject to change):

Toy Story 3 in 3D
Tangled in 3D
Tron:Legacy in 3D
Gnomeo and Juliet in 3D
I am Number 4
African Cats
Prom
POC on Stranger Tides in 3D
Cars 2 in 3D
Winnie the Pooh
the Help
Fright Night in 3D
Real Steel

That is awesome Lisa, thanks a bunch!!:cool1: I love that there are so many in 3D showing. I plan on spending lots of time in the theater.

Well... Today we packed, almost done will have a few last minute things Thursday morning before we leave. Now to get thru a 3 day out of town business trip, back home late Wednesday and leave Thursday.

Seems as tho everyone else is almost ready, packing last minute errands etc. Goood luck all and don't stress, it's only 6 days away til we meet.

Btw is anyone having dinner Friday night at fishlips? We are going to get there about 4:00 to eat and watch the Monarch of the Seas leave that evening, then probably go hang at the beach that evening.

Marc

I probably won't do my laundry and pack until Wed/Thurs, as well as grocery shopping for DH and DS that will be staying home. They will need to eat while I'm gone. Was thinking of giving the house a good cleaning before I leave too, but I know that it will probably be as bad or worse then it is now when I return, so I may just wait and give it a good cleaning when I return. DS17 will be home by himself for 8 days!

We are thinkin of going to Grills on Friday, seems to have a better menu for what we might want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter