• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic in NYC~June 2, 2012

Hello fellow cruisers! I am Lori, my DH Bob, my DD Angie (16) and DD Abbie (13) will be on the June 2 Magic from NYC. We are all so excited to make this trip!! This is our second time on the Magic; we did the 7 day western in 2009. We have a cute FE, but I think it's too late for us to participate. We may bring it along and hang it anyway, just for fun. Received our cruise book in the mail a couple of days ago. Would love to hear what kind of room assignments folks are getting that booked the VGT category. I will be sure to post when we get ours. See you in NYC!

Hi Lori! I sent you a PM to see if you are okay with our 16 year old DD's e-mailing each other a bit before the cruise. It's so fun when you have a "friend" onboard. Our daughter corresponded with someone before our last cruise in January 2011. They met up at the port and spent some fun time together onboard. Our 16 yo is a bit on the shy side so I'm always looking for things that will help her feel comfortable in places where she doesn't know anyone.

I gave you our DD's e-mail address in the PM. Let me know if you are okay with that (I completely understand if it's not something you're comfortable with). I see that you're pretty new to the Disboards so you may not have even known what the PM was.

Suz

Somehow I missed joining the FB group. I sent a request.

Hi Suz,

I'm sorry! I just looked at all my private messages and I didn't receive anything from you about the FE. Perhaps you signed up for the Canada cruise?

Hi Suz,

I'm sorry! I just looked at all my private messages and I didn't receive anything from you about the FE. Perhaps you signed up for the Canada cruise?

Hi Maria,
You didn't miss me for the FE list, we didn't sign up because I knew this last several months would be crazy. I missed the FB list somehow and just sent a request yesterday. I usually am really active on cruise meet threads so I'm feeling like I'm playing catch up to learn who we're sailing with. :)

Hi Maria,
You didn't miss me for the FE list, we didn't sign up because I knew this last several months would be crazy. I missed the FB list somehow and just sent a request yesterday. I usually am really active on cruise meet threads so I'm feeling like I'm playing catch up to learn who we're sailing with. :)

Oh! LOL! I reread your message. I'm getting OLD. My vision is failing me. I could have sworn I read FE Group...not FB Group! :rotfl2:

Welcome Aboard Lori!! Glad to have you along with us. We have a Facebook Group as well, and we are quite active there, so if you have Facebook, come and join us. https://www.facebook.com/groups/134889869933290/

Or search for Disney Magic - June 2, 2012

This will be my 4th Cruise on the Magic. We did the Western in 2009 too! It's so funny, on my last cruise there were people who were on other cruises together and didn't realize it. One man posted a photo from the sail away party and a woman commented back saying..."HEY! that's my husband and son over to the right of your photo!" And for the heck of it I said, "Has anyone ever cruised on such and such a date. Maybe I'm in someone's photos too!" And two other families had been on the same cruise and one guy found me in one of his videos from final night during the waiter parade!!" It's a "Small World". Don't suppose you did the Western in Sept. 2009?

Sorry, our cruise date was in July :sad2: What a hoot, though! It really is a small, small world.

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now just
arg-3-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City

Haven't posted on the cruise thread in forever..but I'm wondering..it's getting close and has anyone heard how difficult parking is at the port? We're not sure if we should just drive in from Jersey (about an hour) or hire a car service. I think the price is very close..car service might be more. I just want to be sure we get a spot in the cruise parking lot& I have no idea how hard that will be...looks like parking might be limited? Anyone know? TIA

Haven't posted on the cruise thread in forever..but I'm wondering..it's getting close and has anyone heard how difficult parking is at the port? We're not sure if we should just drive in from Jersey (about an hour) or hire a car service. I think the price is very close..car service might be more. I just want to be sure we get a spot in the cruise parking lot& I have no idea how hard that will be...looks like parking might be limited? Anyone know? TIA

We have driven and parked at the port in the past without any problems. I have a picture of what it looks like:

NYPier.jpg

What time is your check in? If you have an earlier time, I'm sure you'll find a spot. If you have a later time, it might be harder to find a spot.

We have driven and parked at the port in the past without any problems. I have a picture of what it looks like:

NYPier.jpg

What time is your check in? If you have an earlier time, I'm sure you'll find a spot. If you have a later time, it might be harder to find a spot.

We have an 11am check in. Thanks for the pic of the parking area:thumbsup2

I was wondering how early you need to arrive to ensure a spot, too. Our check in time is 12:30. Should we be arriving sooner if we need to park?

I asked this on the Facebook Group Page, but wanted to ask here for those of you not on Facebook.

I have two questions:

1. Who is travelling the farthest for this cruise?
2. How many Disney Cruises have you been on?

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now just
arg-2-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City

Maria - I looked back and you started your wonderful dancing numbers at 51 weeks out. Boy have we all been planning a LONG time. Not long now :cool1:.

I have not done any research on this. We are flying into Newark and staying near Grand Central Station. I was just planning on cabbing my family of 4 to everything. Is this the way to do it or should I research a little?

Jill :scratchin

Hi everyone. We just booked last minute on this trip. Traveling with my parents and my DS (3). Veeeeerrry excited. Question about parking...How much does it cost? I was told we can start boarding at 12:30. We live in Brooklyn and car service is gonna be $60 each way. i assume that's cheaper than parking at the port, right?

Hi everyone. We just booked last minute on this trip. Traveling with my parents and my DS (3). Veeeeerrry excited. Question about parking...How much does it cost? I was told we can start boarding at 12:30. We live in Brooklyn and car service is gonna be $60 each way. i assume that's cheaper than parking at the port, right?

Parking is $35 per day. Would cost $280 for length of the trip.

When did you book? Today? So exciting to just do something like this so spontaneously! I love it! I'm travelling with my DH, DD, Son-in-Law, my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and my 92 year old dad! 4 generations!

I have not done any research on this. We are flying into Newark and staying near Grand Central Station. I was just planning on cabbing my family of 4 to everything. Is this the way to do it or should I research a little?

Jill :scratchin

Either a cab or arranging car service will be about the same in price and service. Hailing a cab near Grand Central shouldn't be any problem, I think you'll be just fine! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter