Magic in NYC~June 2, 2012

We're cruising with you!!!!!! Julianne (34), Andrew (34), Analise (almost 4 at sailing), Marielle (just 2 at sailing). We are celebrating both girls' birthdays on board (2 and 4) as the cruise falls right between the two birthdays. We are in room 6008. My mother and her cousin are cruising with us but they are in another room on the 6th deck. We plan to just take a car service from Long Island (we're in Nassau Co.) to the pier.

Any tips on the transfer to WDW...we have two small girls and I assume they won't need a carseat on the bus?????

I requested the FB group!

:welcome: Aboard Julianne!! My granddaughter is sailing with us and she is also 2! We went to WDW last November and also were on the Magic in October. Tori did not need a carseat on the buses we took from the airport to the hotels and from the hotel to the port.

Just popping in to say hello! I haven't been on the DIS a whole lot lately (except to update my TR) and am playing catch up this week, hopefully I will get caught up and will be able to stay caught up! :laughing:

I cannot recall if this has been discussed, but what are people planning to do on the Nassau day?

Also, has anyone done the cabana massage on Castaway Cay? That will be my birthday and I'm thinking this will make a nice gift! :goodvibes

Brook - Steve and I did the couples massage on Castaway Cay on our 2000 cruise. It was wonderful. They do them in the open air cabanas on Serenity Bay (Adult Beach). It is so nice to lay there and feel the breeze and hear the waves.

We're cruising with you!!!!!! Julianne (34), Andrew (34), Analise (almost 4 at sailing), Marielle (just 2 at sailing). We are celebrating both girls' birthdays on board (2 and 4) as the cruise falls right between the two birthdays. We are in room 6008. My mother and her cousin are cruising with us but they are in another room on the 6th deck. We plan to just take a car service from Long Island (we're in Nassau Co.) to the pier.

Any tips on the transfer to WDW...we have two small girls and I assume they won't need a carseat on the bus?????

I requested the FB group!

Welcome Julianne! Have you sailed DCL before? If not, you will love it. I added you to the FB group.

Kristi

Brook - Steve and I did the couples massage on Castaway Cay on our 2000 cruise. It was wonderful. They do them in the open air cabanas on Serenity Bay (Adult Beach). It is so nice to lay there and feel the breeze and hear the waves.

:cloud9: Sounds amazing!

At Nassau, there is the Blue Lagoon Beach as well, correct? I have not looked into it myself (yet). It looks very nice from the pictures I have seen. I am wondering if it is cheaper, or if the hotel Maria mentioned is...and which is nicer. We definitely want to spend at much time as possible on the beach!!

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now
arg-1-50-trans.gif
arg-4-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City!

and this critter. I have NO idea what this one is, so if any of you have any ideas, please post!!
43.jpg

Good night!!

It makes me think of a seal.

BTW - I'm Tammy, solo cruiser from Maryland. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise (3-night Wonder to the Bahamas & 14-night Westbound Transatlantic) but have more booked:

#4: July cruise to nowhere on Magic
#5: August cruise to nowhere on Magic
#6: Wonder Panama canal cruise in December
#7 & #8: Sort-of back to back. Fantasy 7-night eastern, one day ashore then Dream 4-night Bahamas in April 2013

I guess you could say I enjoy Disney cruises. :rolleyes1

BTW - I'm Tammy, solo cruiser from Maryland. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise (3-night Wonder to the Bahamas & 14-night Westbound Transatlantic) but have more booked:

#7 & #8: Sort-of back to back. Fantasy 7-night eastern, one day ashore then Dream 4-night Bahamas in April 2013

Hi Tammy! Wow - I love your list of upcoming cruises!

Welcome Aboard Tammy!

Love your list of upcoming cruises as well! I was leaning towards seal too.
:cool1:

Only 3 more months until our magical journey! Seeing all of WDW's Facebook posts about their 24-day yesterday is making me excited to see the the Magic and the Magic Kingdom again!

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now
arg-1-50-trans.gif
arg-3-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City!

I'm keeping a list of everyone who is cruising with us and the ages and names of the children. You can check out the list by following the link I have provided. Please let me know if there are any corrections. The names in BLUE font are those of you participating in the FE.

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE: Do any of our new additions want to participate in the Fish Exchange? Please let me know. I will be closing the group on April 2nd so you all have a month to decide.

Here is what we are doing with the FE. If our group gets too large, we will split the list so it remains manageable. So come on and join the fun. The maximum amount of rooms you'll have is 15.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyZzd2YtKwXdFEzbE4xZEU2aHktVkloYmNiWFlKeVE

SO EXCITED TOMORROW IS 90 DAYS!!!:dance3:IS ANYONE BOOKING PALO TOMORROW? IF SO, WHAT DAYS? I WILL BE TRYING FOR DINNER AND BRUNCH. I NEED SOME PIXIE DUST.:goodvibes

Kevin & I are crazy (or stupid) enough to have stayed up until midnight so we can book brunch at Palo and our excursions!

I am crazy too! I then went to bed for 2 hours and just got up to complete the on-line check-in at 3:00 so I could get a good port arrival time - crazy!

Kevin & I are crazy (or stupid) enough to have stayed up until midnight so we can book brunch at Palo and our excursions!

No you are not! I was up, my daughter was up, Kristi was up, Darlene was up!

We all got our Palo reservations :thumbsup2, but Kristi and I missed out on the Cabanas. They were all gone. :sad1:

Well, I wasn't as determined as many of you, and didn't log on until 8:15 this morning (Pacific time.) Can't believe I was still able to book a Palo brunch for Monday and a Palo tea for Friday. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise, and I have yet to do Palo, because my daughter won't do the kids clubs unless she knows somebody there. Sure hoping she connects with a couple of girls so my husband and I can go to Palo guilt free! She's 8, so if anyone's daughters would like to arrange a kids club playdate with mine for Monday at 10:30 am, I'd sure appreciate it! Also, I booked the tea for Friday at 3:30, just for myself, but would love it if any other ladies might like to join me!

Does anyone know the most economical way to get from JFK to the cruise terminal? Our flight gets in at 6:00 am on Saturday. I want to get to the terminal as early as it opens to try and get an upgrade. Disney ground transfers appear to be about 70 per person, and we'd probably have to sit around the airport for a long time waiting. Shared vans I've looked at seem to be about $120 for our party of 3. Anyone ever taken a taxi from JFK to port, and will they hold our 4 rather large suitcases? Cost?

I ended up going to sleep around 4:45 in order to check-in online. I had two rooms to check-in, and after securing my 11am port arrival time for the first room, the website was shut down for maintanence prior to completing the second room.:eek: Finally finished my check-in for the second room at 4:30. The lost sleep was well worth it. Was able to book palo ressies for dinner and brunch, 6:30 departure for MK and earliest arrival time at the port.

Does anyone know if we will be able to take food off the ship on WDW day? Either that or hoping Disney ends up deciding to give us a dining plan for the day (even though I highly doubt that would happen).

I am crazy too! I then went to bed for 2 hours and just got up to complete the on-line check-in at 3:00 so I could get a good port arrival time - crazy!

Hi Kristi. I saw your post on the NYC thread. We are in Amherst. We have only been to the twins festival 1 time since we moved to the area. We plan on going again this year. Hopefully my girls won't be as nervous the second time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter