Magic in NYC~June 2, 2012

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now
arg-2-50-trans.gif
arg-0-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City!

I know we've been chatting on Facebook about how much we are looking forward to being spoiled by the wonderful Magic castmembers.

The waitstaff who will cut your child's food and serve you ketchup like this:
ketchup.jpg

...and how they make funny hats out of napkins:
napkinhats2.jpg

napkinhats1.jpg

The room stewards are awesome too! They keep our beds made and the room clean even emptying out diaper genies! But best of all is coming back after dinner and finding awesome towel/blanket animals and seeing your child/grandchild's reaction to it:
towelanimal.jpg

Of course no Disney Cruise is complete without the wonderful castmembers who dress up as our favorite characters! They truly know how to make everyone feel special. Whether you pose with them at designated spots:
Character1a.jpg

or they spot you around the ship and take the time to talk to and hug your child:
Character2.jpg

My favorite memory from the last cruise was Pirate Night with Mickey and Minnie! We got down to Preludes and it was not busy at all! They spent so much time with her and she loved the attention!
pirateMikey_Minnie.jpg

PirateMickey_Minnie2.jpg

I'm excited for June 2nd!! Are you???

Phenomenal post as usual Maria!

Thanks for all of your hard work to build the excitement! :banana:

Hi All! There was a sudden drop in airfares to the east coast today, so we had a quick family meeting and agreed to change our Alaska cruise to this one, for not much more than it would have cost us to fly to Seattle from the San Francisco area. I never thought a Disney cruise from the east would be do able for us, and the Dream and Fantasy are still out of reach during school holidays, but this one on the Magic works for us! We get to experience Castaway Cay and Disneyworld. Woo Hoo!

We took our first cruise this Christmas: The Wonder to Mexico for 8 nights. We loved it so much that my daughter and I are doing it again for Presidents Week in just 31 days. My husband won't make that one due to work, and he wasn't as excited about Alaska as I was, but now he is getting excited about this Bahamas itinerary.

Please count us in for the FE. We are
Betsy
Dion (DH)
Mary-Grace (8)
We are in stateroom 2582.

Can't wait to go back and read all your posts. This looks like a really active group!

Regards!
Betsy

Wonder 2/19/12 to Mexico (31 days away!)
Wonder 12/17/11 to Mexico
6 trips to Disneyland in last 3 years.

Welcome Betsy! You will love Castaway Cay and WDW. I am very excited about this itinerary also. I am Kristi and my husband is Steve and we have 2 boys. Matt will be 11 when we cruise and Shawn will be 8.

Steve and I went on a 3-day Wonder in 2000 and the whole family did a 7-night Eastern on the Magic this past March. We all fell in love with DCL.

If you are on Facebook, come join our group there - Disney Magic - June 2, 2012.

:welcome: Aboard Betsy!!

I will add you to our FE group!

I'm Maria and I'm sailing with my DH Ron, our DD Heather, DSIL Mike, 2 year old granddaughter Victoria (Tori), and my dad Julius who is 92 years young. This will be my DH, my Dad's and my 4th Disney Cruise. My DD and granddaughter's 2nd and my DSIL's FIRST Disney Cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know you. We also have a FB Group that Kristi started. So if you are on Facebook, look us up: Disney Magic - June 2, 2012

:welcome: Aboard Betsy!!

I will add you to our FE group!

I'm Maria and I'm sailing with my DH Ron, our DD Heather, DSIL Mike, 2 year old granddaughter Victoria (Tori), and my dad Julius who is 92 years young. This will be my DH, my Dad's and my 4th Disney Cruise. My DD and granddaughter's 2nd and my DSIL's FIRST Disney Cruise.

Looking forward to getting to know you. We also have a FB Group that Kristi started. So if you are on Facebook, look us up: Disney Magic - June 2, 2012

Hi Maria and friends:goodvibes. I signed up months ago for the fish extenders and just wondering if I am still on the list. My name is Darlene Mikolajczyk my husband and two boys will be coming. Also how do I join the facebook group? This is my 4th Disney cruise and we are so excited!!:dance3:

Hi Maria and friends:goodvibes. I signed up months ago for the fish extenders and just wondering if I am still on the list. My name is Darlene Mikolajczyk my husband and two boys will be coming. Also how do I join the facebook group? This is my 4th Disney cruise and we are so excited!!:dance3:
Hi Darlene - on FB search for Disney Magic - June 2, 2012. Click on ask to join - and I will add you.

Welcome :)

Hi Darlene - on FB search for Disney Magic - June 2, 2012. Click on ask to join - and I will add you.

Welcome :)
Thank you Kristi. I think our boys are the same ages. Mine are 11 years and 8 years old. The older one will be 12 years in a few months. I sent a request on facebook. My family is from New jersey. So happy to meet everyone. I just love the fish extenders. I can do a big group if others want that. Anything is fine with me.:goodvibes

I Darlene! Yes, I have you on our list. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyZzd2YtKwXdFEzbE4xZEU2aHktVkloYmNiWFlKeVE

I'm missing your room number though. I just have that you are on Deck 6. So just let me know your room number when you get a chance.

Hi. I submitted a request to join the facebook group this morning, but am still waiting to be confirmed.

Also...Has anyone here been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld? I'm trying to figure out how to spend that day. We are pretty frequent visitors to Disneyland (2x per year.) I think I'd like to spend more time in the parks that are different than what we have here. Is the magic kingdom just like Disneyland? Besides the MK, which other attractions would you consider must sees?

Thanks,
Betsy

Hi. I submitted a request to join the facebook group this morning, but am still waiting to be confirmed.

Also...Has anyone here been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld? I'm trying to figure out how to spend that day. We are pretty frequent visitors to Disneyland (2x per year.) I think I'd like to spend more time in the parks that are different than what we have here. Is the magic kingdom just like Disneyland? Besides the MK, which other attractions would you consider must sees?

Thanks,
Betsy

Hi Betsy,
I have not seen your request come in to the FB group. I don't think Kristi saw it either, she just accepted the request from Darlene. So you might want to try again.

I've been to both Disney World and Disneyland. Although Disneyland was just one time when we flew out to CA for a wedding. The Magic Kingdom isn't exactly like Disneyland. The Haunted Mansion is different. The Castle is different. To me it is a completely different experience. You could do Hollywood Studios for a little while. The Tower of Terror is awesome as is Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster and one of my favorite rides is Toy Story at Hollywood Studios. I love EPCOT, but I think you guys have Soarin' in CA. I also think that Test Track will be closed while we are there, so that would have been a must see, but it's a moot point. Brook just got back from Disneyland so I think she can offer some more insite. Send another request for FB.

Hi Everyone!

Another week has flown by. We are now
arg-1-50-trans.gif
arg-9-50-trans.gif

weeks away from our Magical Disney sailing out of New York City!

Winter has hit today. It’s 20 degrees out and it is snowing here in Connecticut! Puts me in the mood for some warm weather and sunshine at Castaway Cay!

I really wish I was walking onto the island this morning and being greeted by this sign:
18.jpg

Imagine walking on the beautiful sand over to one of those umbrellas!
19.jpg

Looking at the Magic from the beach is breathtaking!
20.jpg

Maybe you’ll be one of the lucky ones who can snag a cabana!
21.jpg

You’ll be able to enjoy the private beach area.
22.jpg

With this view from the cabana...
23.jpg

While you are doing this….
24.jpg

Perhaps you want a little more excitement while you are on Castaway Cay. If that’s the case, you can Jet Ski…
25.jpg

Or play on Pelican Plunge.
26.jpg

The little ones can head over to “Spring A Leak” for some splash zone fun.
27.jpg

When you are hungry, you can head over to Cookies or Cookies Too.
28.jpg

And don’t forget to get a photo with those painted buoys before leaving the island!
29.jpg

So today, while it is snowing, I'll be day dreaming about Castaway Cay. :goodvibes

Hi my name is karrie and we are booked on this cruise. We are first time Disney cruisers and very excited!

Hi my name is karrie and we are booked on this cruise. We are first time Disney cruisers and very excited!

:welcome: Aboard Karrie! Let us know if you have any questions. Also, let me know if you want to be part of the Fish Exchange. I saw you already found us on Facebook!

Maria,
Thanks for the welcome. I would love to join the FE group. I am being joined by my DH Tom and My DD Tori(10) we are in room 2002. No allergies. We will be celebrating Tom's 50th birthday.
Karrie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter