• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic in Northern Europe May 30 2015

We have already purchased our FLT home on Iceland Air.
We bought three tickets from CPH to DC. We went ahead a bought the Economy Comfort class for $775, three seat in a row with the middle seat block out.
Here are some things you get in Economy Comfort:
Business check-in and lounge access
Early boarding and disembarking
6-abreast Economy seats with the middle seat blocked for your comfort
More legroom 33” / 84 cm
In-flight entertainment system
Complimentary headphones
Universal electric outlet
Blankets and pillows in every seat on North American routes and available on all other routes upon request
Complimentary meal on all routes
Complimentary beverages, excluding champagne
You get more Saga Club points by flying in Economy Comfort
Travel kit – North American only
An electric outlet for a laptop or mobile device is below the seat.

As we were booking our FLT, the price went from $775 to $889...

Economy Comfort 2 bags weighing up to 23kg (50lbs) each 158cm (62in)*
Two carry-on bags per person, in addition to one small personal item, such as small hand bag or laptop. The maximum weight allowed for each carry-on bag is 10kg (22lbs).

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel 'D'. :thumbsup2

We booked this last week and are super excited. We are a family of four with myself (Aaron) my DW Karen and our two DSs Will (10) and Zack (8) from Oklahoma! Go Thunder! This is our second Disney cruise...first on he Magic...and the first time we've been to Europe as a family! I love the recipe postcard idea! Count us in! I look forward to hearing all the tips and news about the cruise and destinations. Thank you for putting this, the website and the Facebook page together!

We booked this cruise on our Alaskan cruise a week ago. Can not wait for it!~

Got home from the 12 night Venice trough the Greek Isles to Barcelona cruise about 3 hours ago. While on the cruise hubby said picked the 15 night East Bound TA, over the 12 night northern cruise for next summer. (I booked them both opening day) I just added this cruise to make the EBTA a Back to Back cruise and will cancel the 12 night down the road. The flights from the west coast are misery for our old bones.

Got home from the 12 night Venice trough the Greek Isles to Barcelona cruise about 3 hours ago. While on the cruise hubby said picked the 15 night East Bound TA, over the 12 night northern cruise for next summer. (I booked them both opening day) I just added this cruise to make the EBTA a Back to Back cruise and will cancel the 12 night down the road. The flights from the west coast are misery for our old bones.

Welcome to the group :cheer2:

Well hello. DH and I have been booked on this cruise since day 1, and we will be doing a B2B with the 6/6 Norwegian fjord cruise. I purchased airfare to Copenhagen tonight, so now it is feeling real and like it's ok to allow myself to get excited.

We are in (me + mom + brother)... a bit regretting not getting a b2b with the Norwegian when we booked back on the opening day... the price is now 3k more! oh well, I guess we'll just be on this cruise then ;)

now, I just need to secure a dinning reservation at Noma in Copenhagen then when the reservation opens up for May next year ;)

We are in (me + mom + brother)... a bit regretting not getting a b2b with the Norwegian when we booked back on the opening day... the price is now 3k more! oh well, I guess we'll just be on this cruise then ;)

now, I just need to secure a dinning reservation at Noma in Copenhagen then when the reservation opens up for May next year ;)

Welcome!! What part of Switzerland are you from?

Robin"D";51978915 said:
When do you think DCL will make their mind up about going to St. Petersburg?
:confused3
Scott Sanders tweeted this a little while ago
I had posted about hour before that I was concerned about next years trip
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...in-russia.html

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Because it's the middle cruise, I will still go. I'm thinking the fighting is further south, but the cruise is far enough away that things could change. I am hoping for the best, but prepared that we might not get there.

Just booked this cruise for my DH, DS (will turn 4 in Helsinki!), DD (9 mondde2f), MIL and FIL. Our second cruise on the Magic (first in Europe) and the in-laws first. Glad to see there are others with young kiddos. Might be a bit crazy to bring the 9 mon old but have been traveling with our firstborn since he was 6 weeks and he's a rock star...fingers crossed she shares that gene. Not doing B2B (super jealous) but planning on spending 2-3 days in Copenhagen pre-cruise and possibly traveling to Oslo/doing some Fjords for 4-5 days post-cruise. Anyone else started looking at Norway as an add-on and have a suggestion where to start planning? So flipping excited to really get planning. Would also be interested in the recipe exchange if someone is organizing! Contemporary ('87), All-Star Music ('98), Polynesian ('99), All-Star Sports ('00), All-Star Music ('02), Pop Century ('04), Offsite ('08), Animal Kingdom Lodge ('09), All-Star Movies ('12), Disney Magic ('13), Bay Lake Tower ('14), Animal Kingdom Lodge ('14), Disney Magic ('15)
seems to me, being our cruise is 9 months away, that congratulations are in order for a newborn!

Been booked since day one, with b2b on 6/6 cruise. Vacation has now been approved and airfare purchased. Flying out of DC on iceland air with a few days in Iceland prior to embarking. We will spend one day in Copenhagen post cruise since there will be little time to see the city prior.

I am a fan of Iceland air and love the idea of breaking up the trip half way through time zones.

seems to me, being our cruise is 9 months away, that congratulations are in order for a newborn!

Thanks! Any day now we'll be meeting our new little one. Seeing that we're headed to WDW in 6 weeks we have our fingers crossed that she shares the rest of the family's disney love and cooperates!

DVC members since 2013! WDW: CR('87), ASM('98), Poly('99), AS Sport('00), ASM('02), offsite('08), AKL('09), ASMo('12), BLT('14), AKL('14) DL: offsite('97) DCLpirate:: Magic('13), Magic('15)

Here's hoping the volcano doesn't blow next May...! Our stop in Iceland might be more than we bargained for!

We just booked out flights with points (yay!) so it's starting to get more "real" :) We only booked the flights to and from London so far (we are planning to spend some time there after the cruise) and still have to book the European flights.

Are we still planning the postcard/recipe exchange? I wonder how many we might need. It's easier to find postcards here in the summer so I'm going to pick some up soon.

We told the kids the other day...Getting excited!!

Does anyone know if there will be a character breakfast on this cruise? There are only two "at sea" days but our day in Helsinki only begins at noon. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Does anyone know if there will be a character breakfast on this cruise? There are only two "at sea" days but our day in Helsinki only begins at noon. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Sorry to jump in..

I live in London and recently went on a 12 night Med cruise on the Magic and sailed the Baltic on DCL in 2010.

We didn't have a character breakfast on our amend cruise or the Baltic there too port inclusive people have a lay in on sea days, we had four full sea days no character breakfast, you may get a character princess gala to book as a shore trip at Catherine's palace in Dt Petersburg, will cost a lot but for kids great.

I am on the 7/22 12 night Baltic, if anyone has questions re the Baltic where I gave booked five private tours already, and London as I work in and around all of a London pop by the 7/22 thread!, recent photos of the Magic and navigators on our 12 night cruise are in my link below, whilst a different cruise they give an indication of sea day activities in Europe.

Sorry to jump in.. I live in London and recently went on a 12 night Med cruise on the Magic and sailed the Baltic on DCL in 2010. We didn't have a character breakfast on our amend cruise or the Baltic there too port inclusive people have a lay in on sea days, we had four full sea days no character breakfast, you may get a character princess gala to book as a shore trip at Catherine's palace in Dt Petersburg, will cost a lot but for kids great. I am on the 7/22 12 night Baltic, if anyone has questions re the Baltic where I gave booked five private tours already, and London as I work in and around all of a London pop by the 7/22 thread!, recent photos of the Magic and navigators on our 12 night cruise are in my link below, whilst a different cruise they give an indication of sea day activities in Europe.

I would love to see what kinds of Port Adventures DCL offers for the Baltic cruise. If you can post some that would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter