• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic for DD First WDW Trip??

ladyfoundhertramp

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! This will be my DD3 1st WDW trip. How can I go about making sure she gets the optimal magical experience (the whole trip will be magic I'm sure but just that little bit of extra pixie dust to put it over the top!) Share your stories for 1st time visits and what helped make it extra magical. Thanks!

Getting a complimentary "First Visit" button to pin on her may lead to a little extra something from a CM or two. You can get them from your onsite resort or at the front of any park at Guest Services.

Go to Guest Services or the front desk at your resort and get her a 1st Visit Button to wear while she's there.

I say don't go for all the extras, just take time and let her ride and do what she wants. Stand in 3 times for Mickey if that's what it takes. Do a character meal, beyond that don't try to make it happen, the magic will come on it's own.

I say don't go for all the extras, just take time and let her ride and do what she wants. Stand in 3 times for Mickey if that's what it takes. Do a character meal, beyond that don't try to make it happen, the magic will come on it's own.

Thanks! We have 2 character dining experiences set up for her, so I imagine that will certainly make her days magical. She is a Disney fanatic (my DH blames me :rotfl:) so she will love this no matter how much or little "extra magic" there is

I agree. A first visit is magical enough on it's own without planning for extras and at 3 everything is going to be magical. If she has a favorite charecter make time to meet that one and if she loves a certain ride do it a few times. One of our kids favorite things when they were young was playing in the fountains/water areas and playing on the playgrounds (Splash Mtn has small one underneath, Mission Space has some tunnels in the exit, Honey I Shrunk the Kids set).

ETA: also check out getting her hair pixie dusted at the Barber Shop. It's cheap and a nice little treat that most little ones love.

I made an "invitation from Cinderella" for DD to dinner (we had ADR's for 1900 Park fare for the next evening, which is when the invite was for). When we checked into our hotel, I asked them to give it to her, like it was there from Cinderella. They did me one better - they delivered it to our room with a bunch of balloons and told DD that they were asked by Cinderella to wait for her answer.

I've also read of people doing this sort of thing with new princess dresses.

"Tinkerbell" visited our hotel room every night after the kids were asleep and left a small Disney gift for them. They LOVED them, and it had the added benefit of reducing the number of souvenir requests while we were there :)

Great advice here. On our first trip w/DD4now5 I planned out what parks we visited on what day and booked 3 separate character meals. 1900 Park Fare(dinner w/ Cinderella&Step sisters),Akershus(Dinner w/Princesses) and breakfast at Crystal Palace(Pooh and friends).
While I had a plan if my DD wanted to zig we zigged she wanted to zag we zagged. My poor wife had to ride the teacups 8 times(THE JOEL doesn't do spinny rides.:laughing:).
Go with the kiddos flow, remember to smile, if a CM asked you something the answer is yes, be nice and HAVE FUN!! This will be the only time your DD will be 3 at WDW enjoy it. I only have the 1 child and the time goes by so fast if you aren't careful you will miss it.

Great advice here. On our first trip w/DD4now5 I planned out what parks we visited on what day and booked 3 separate character meals. 1900 Park Fare(dinner w/ Cinderella&Step sisters),Akershus(Dinner w/Princesses) and breakfast at Crystal Palace(Pooh and friends).
While I had a plan if my DD wanted to zig we zigged she wanted to zag we zagged. My poor wife had to ride the teacups 8 times(THE JOEL doesn't do spinny rides.:laughing:).
Go with the kiddos flow, remember to smile, if a CM asked you something the answer is yes, be nice and HAVE FUN!! This will be the only time your DD will be 3 at WDW enjoy it. I only have the 1 child and the time goes by so fast if you aren't careful you will miss it.

yes- and be prepared to ride it's a small world 8 times! (MIL still talks about doing that for SIL, who is now 25!)

I agree. A first visit is magical enough on it's own without planning for extras and at 3 everything is going to be magical. If she has a favorite charecter make time to meet that one and if she loves a certain ride do it a few times. One of our kids favorite things when they were young was playing in the fountains/water areas and playing on the playgrounds (Splash Mtn has small one underneath, Mission Space has some tunnels in the exit, Honey I Shrunk the Kids set).

ETA: also check out getting her hair pixie dusted at the Barber Shop. It's cheap and a nice little treat that most little ones love.
We got DD's hair dusted for free at the Castle Couture shop behind the castle. Not sure if they do it all the time, but they were that day....
My DD also loved just running around Tom Sawyer island. Great place for little ones. There is a shady playground if you feel she just needs room to run off a little energy, and you can sit in the shade and relax a bit. its often not as a crowded as the rest of the park.

The only thing DD knew before our trip was that she was going to Disney World (she was 5 years old then). We had watched the planning DVD & some rides on UTube, but that's it. I planned like crazy, but just went with the flow when we got there. I just let the magic make itself!

Now DD talks about going back & everything she wants to do. I hope she isn't disappointed if everything doesn't go exactly as it did the first trip. DH & I want to do some different things next time!

You could hide a little bottle of glitter to take along and each day plant a little :tink:"pixie dust" evidence that Tink had visited your room. ;)Then when she meets Tink, they will have something to talk about!

You can order an autograph book ahead of time, or you can pick one up practically anywhere at WDW. http://www.disneystore.com/home-dec...ns/disney-parks-authentic/mn/1000357+1000809/

Finally, have you considered PhotoPass? Documenting her first trip might be something you will be glad you did.
Awesome info here...http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

Make sure you have a couple princess dresses for her to wear. The princesses seem to take a few extra moments for children wearing their dresses.

My DD was 4 on our first trip and this seemed to be the case.

Avoid the mistake we made with our DD at age 3 - we got to Fantasyland and said "What do you want to ride first?" She pointed to Snow White's Scary Adventure and we said "Sure!" She was utterly terrified and didn't want to do another ride. We eventually got her on the carousel and then a few others, but we felt bad that we had made such a critical error. She had no frame of reference for rides of that intensity as the only thing she associated with the word "ride" was the little things you put a quarter in at the mall! Let her be your guide, but use more common sense than we did in picking that first ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter