Magic extra party/dining/snack/buffet opportunities

I'm going to say I think I missed it in 2010 but only because I don't know what a shawarma station is. If Disney offers it I'm sure I'm interested in trying it... I think. What is it exactly? Is it food or religious?

It is a Religious experience with food!:worship:

It is Lamb and beef that is pressed into a log of meat.

It is slowly turned under heat and cooked.

They shave off slivers for you and add it a Pita and or second choice of bread(?)

They have a choice of 10-12 condiments to go with it. Spices, Mayo and others.

I believe it was added to the Magic after the last upgrade. Last year?

It is very light snack and with all the choices it is fun to try them all.

It is of course free and you can make a meal out of them just by asking for 2-3.

I hope DCL adds it to all the ships!:wizard:

They shave off slivers for you and add it a Pita and or second choice of bread(?)

It is of course free and you can make a meal out of them just by asking for 2-3.

It was offered on 9/27/14 sailing on the Magic.

It is a Religious experience with food!:worship: It is Lamb and beef that is pressed into a log of meat. It is slowly turned under heat and cooked. They shave off slivers for you and add it a Pita and or second choice of bread(?) They have a choice of 10-12 condiments to go with it. Spices, Mayo and others. I believe it was added to the Magic after the last upgrade. Last year? It is very light snack and with all the choices it is fun to try them all. It is of course free and you can make a meal out of them just by asking for 2-3. I hope DCL adds it to all the ships!:wizard:

Well you should write for Harlequin romance you make a girl all tingly with that description! Definitely going to be giving that one a try!

Missed the departure party on our 2010 cruise. Is that inside if it rains? Where?
Please don't let me make the same mistakes again with my parents. My parents are 72 and on their 50th Wedding Anniversary.

How do you get areas that go outside besides decks 9 & 10?

How do I find the cute little picture ops on Castaway Cay?

Can anyone else point out a few things for us? Any other little extras so I don't miss them this time?

Oh no!!! DH kept wanting to try it and never did. Maybe they will add it to the Dream for 2016. Or is it already on the Dream?

Oh no!!! DH kept wanting to try it and never did. Maybe they will add it to the Dream for 2016. Or is it already on the Dream?

We did not have the shwarma station on the Dream in August '14, much to dh's dismay! It was his fave food on the Magic (and I was on my 3rd cruise before he introduced me to it! LOL!)

Re: Diabetic dad... my recommendation is to keep an "All Hands on Deck" cheese (cracker/fruit) platter in your fridge... it might behoove you to bring a few ziplocks so it stays fresh and doesn't take up much space... you can also have OJ delivered first day and keep a cup or two of that in fridge... ask for cup w/lid (or grab a few from soda station... could be used to hold cheese too). Milk is available everywhere... buffet, room service, mdr, coffee station... again, the containers are easily stored in the room fridge (Did you know you had a room fridge? It comes in handy... we always kept yogurt on hand for our youngest as it's his fave food).

For parents needing milk for baby bottle at 6am... order a bunch from room service or grab a few from buffet so as not to have to make an early morning trek!

Cove café pastries and crudité, etc is one of the best kept "secrets!" We would often send someone to get a plate full to bring to the rest of the family at BINGO... unless O'Gills had appetizers, then we'd grab them from there! So many "hidden" yummy treats! Make a game of finding them... like hidden mickeys! LOL!

One thing I was unaware of, but is one of dd's all-time fave snacks... cream cheese filled pretzels?! WHERE?!?! WHEN!?!?! WHICH BOAT?!?! (please say Fantasy! LOL!)

Thanks all for the great hints and tips :)

On the Fantasy, they have the pretzels on Thursday and Friday. They are baked at the pizza place. They only have so many each day. Once they run out, you miss them. I found out the hard way on Thursday so I made sure to get up to the top deck earlier on Friday to get a cream cheese pretzel. My first one... it was wonderful.

Re: Diabetic dad... my recommendation is to keep an "All Hands on Deck" cheese (cracker/fruit) platter in your fridge... it might behoove you to bring a few ziplocks so it stays fresh and doesn't take up much space... you can also have OJ delivered first day and keep a cup or two of that in fridge... ask for cup w/lid (or grab a few from soda station... could be used to hold cheese too). Milk is available everywhere... buffet, room service, mdr, coffee station... again, the containers are easily stored in the room fridge (Did you know you had a room fridge? It comes in handy... we always kept yogurt on hand for our youngest as it's his fave food). For parents needing milk for baby bottle at 6am... order a bunch from room service or grab a few from buffet so as not to have to make an early morning trek! Cove café pastries and crudité, etc is one of the best kept "secrets!" We would often send someone to get a plate full to bring to the rest of the family at BINGO... unless O'Gills had appetizers, then we'd grab them from there! So many "hidden" yummy treats! Make a game of finding them... like hidden mickeys! LOL! One thing I was unaware of, but is one of dd's all-time fave snacks... cream cheese filled pretzels?! WHERE?!?! WHEN!?!?! WHICH BOAT?!?! (please say Fantasy! LOL!) Thanks all for the great hints and tips :)
That's a great ideas for how to help take care of my dad, I worry so much. I just put the Ziploc bags in the suitcase tonight.
I was not aware that the bars carried snacks, they sound like nice little nibley's. Are they the same thing every night to do the switch? I didn't go to bars at all on the last cruise but I guess I just assumed that it was all "checks mix". It will be nice to visit a few new places to try a snack and any chance they have a virgin drink of the day?

Yes every day has a virgin DotD, and the snacks in OGills were nachos, wings, pigs in blankets, crudités, and other pub grub type appetizers... But we found no listing of it nor any set times... It was a bit of a fun guessing game!

Two words: Mini. Eclairs. I don't want to even think about how many of those I had. I started popping into the Cove Cafe in the afternoons to capitalize on them. Probably responsible for at least a pound or two of weight I gained on the last cruise. While you don't need to purchase a drink in the Cove Cafe to have some, I highly recommend the mint mocha latte (OK that might have also been responsible for a pound or two) plus it gives you the excuse of sitting in the Cove Cafe for a while so that you can keep making trips to get more mini-eclairs.

Is is true that the Cove pastries are not self served anymore? Just read that somewhere.

Is is true that the Cove pastries are not self served anymore? Just read that somewhere.

They weren't when we were on the Dream this past Sept. We just told the person behind the counter what we wanted, and she happily put them on a plate for us and off we went.

I also missed the Pirate buffet (on both the past cruises) so looking forward to trying it this time! Mmmmmm turkey legs......

They weren't when we were on the Dream this past Sept. We just told the person behind the counter what we wanted, and she happily put them on a plate for us and off we went. I also missed the Pirate buffet (on both the past cruises) so looking forward to trying it this time! Mmmmmm turkey legs......

Yes, that's what I heard. About the pirate buffet, we got excited about the dancing and music that when we went to look for the buffet it was gone!!!! So be careful not to hang out at the party for too long

We were on the Dream in September and in the Cove Café, the pastries were in a display case that only opened on the servers side. I had to point out what I wanted and they put it on a little plate and handed it to me:

15dtbns.jpg

2vuj01t.jpg

On the Fantasy the case opened on the outside, we could serve ourselves:

2v2wol2.jpg

As I was " actually" on a Med cruise and went to the pirate Buffett I can confirm there was one, ( I had previously posted the on the thread) I told our facebook group a couple of months in advance about the later dinners and many swapped to a sin FINNER to avoid issues like that.
I will be on the Med cruise this summer and have late seating. Is there an issue nightly with the late seating or just pirate night? And what is the issue?? Thanks.

We were on the Dream in September and in the Cove Café, the pastries were in a display case that only opened on the servers side. I had to point out what I wanted and they put it on a little plate and handed it to me: On the Fantasy the case opened on the outside, we could serve ourselves:

Oh, I see. It depends on the ship.

As I was " actually" on a Med cruise and went to the pirate Buffett I can confirm there was one, ( I had previously posted the on the thread)

I told our facebook group a couple of months in advance about the later dinners and many swapped to a sin FINNER to avoid issues like that.

What the heck is a "sin FINNER"??

I will be on the Med cruise this summer and have late seating. Is there an issue nightly with the late seating or just pirate night? And what is the issue?? Thanks.

On our Med cruise we had late seating for dinner, and were still able to attend the Pirate night show/fireworks and grabbed a dessert at the buffet.

I believe the issue could be if you've set up the routine with your servers that you like to take time between courses, and don't mind lingering. Easiest fix - let your servers know that, although you prefer a slower service, on Pirate night you want to be out early enough to enjoy the show.

Here's a room service menu from our recent cruise (sorry it's a little blurry). The only things you pay for here are alcoholic drinks, sodas, snacks (nuts, chips, etc). It notes which things have a charge on the menu.

2jdjkuv.jpg

You can find a better picture of this here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Room-Service-Menu.jpg

I see buttered popcorn and m&m's on this menu. So, if I order them through room service they are free, but if I get them outside the theatre, I have to pay? Hmmm.popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter