• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Express question

indy4192

Earning My Ears
I have my passes to take the magic express from the airport to the hotel. My question is can I just carry my luggage with me as I am not checking it at the airport, even with the new restrictions.

Yes the bus will take carry-on luggage, actually they will probably put it under the bus for you in the storage area. And if for some reason there is not room on the flight for you to carry on, and they take your bag away from you and check it, then just pick it up in Orlando at baggage claim and take it with you down to the Welcome Center on Level One A where you check in to Magical Express.

Carry-ons HAVE to go with you to the DME bus; there are no other options. DME doesn't "deliver" carry-on luggage.

When you get to the DME bus, you are permitted to take carry-ons into the bus with you ONLY IF they will fit on the overhead shelf or directly under your own seat. Otherwise, the driver will need to stow them in the luggage bay under the bus. If this happens, the driver will unload your bags for you when you are dropped off at your resort. If the driver handles your bags, a tip is in order.

indy4192 said:
Any idea of what is "to big" to be carried on the bus?
Anything that you can carry onto a flight or check for a flight can go into the luggage bay under the passenger compartment of the Magical Express motorcoach.

As far as carrying bags into the passenger compartment, I think a good rule of thumb would be "nothing that you couldn't easily carry on your lap." The overhead rack is primarily for coats; there's not much room, and there are no latching covers. And, compared to airplanes, there's not much room under the seat in front of you.

A 20-inch roll-aboard bag can easily be taken onto an airplane, but it really needs to go into the luggage bay of the motorcoach.

For a picture of the inside of the motorcoach, see the article at http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm051004ww

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter