• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magic express -not able to board??

corrmac

Earning My Ears
Here is my situation, heading to Orlando on Monday with my daughter and two other teenagers. Have a 3 day stay at POP with free dining, followed by a 7 day land and sea package.
A friend of mine, her boyfriend and son had planned to join us for the Land and Sea part. Friend had asked if I would allow her son to travel down to Florida (from Nova Scotia) with my group so he can spend a few days with his Aunt in Tampa before the my friend and her boyfriend join us. I said sure as he is 13 and a great kid.
So after plane tickets were bought and plans made with the Aunt to come pick him up at MCO, we all of a sudden have a glitch in the plans....Aunt can't pick him up until suppertime.
No problem with him hanging out with us for the day as we have no real plans for day 1 but we are travelling to POP on the Magical Express and the boy is obviously not on our first package reservation ( he is only on the second package at POFQ / cruise).
I am assuming they will not allow him on the bus with us ....am I correct??
Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, you're correct.

To be eligible to ride on a DME bus, you must be named on a WDW resort reservation. The ride from the airport to resort can't take place BEFORE the person's check-in date.

Go buy him a Mears Transfer when you land. I bet they put him on your bus ESPECIALLY if you tell Mears what the deal is!

If not maybe one of the adults could take the Mears and the 13 year old DME. Disney doesn't check IDs.

Go buy him a Mears Transfer when you land. I bet they put him on your bus ESPECIALLY if you tell Mears what the deal is!

If not maybe one of the adults could take the Mears and the 13 year old DME. Disney doesn't check IDs.

This will definitely work. My brother came with us at the last minute on our August 2008 trip. We added him to our hotel reservation when we got there, but he wasn't on our ME reservation. He just bought a roundtrip ticket from Mears (about $30), and rode the bus with us. On the way back he presented his return ticket receipt and rode back to MCO with us as well.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter