Magic express good with baggage?

ABDonovan

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are going to the World in June, but it will be the first time flying for both of us. I am worried about our day being cut short by hotel business.

We have a 9 - noon flight and I was thinking about using that day to go to Typhoon lagoon. Will magic express take care of our bags if we just go and check in and then catch a bus to the park?

My DH and I are going to the World in June, but it will be the first time flying for both of us. I am worried about our day being cut short by hotel business.

We have a 9 - noon flight and I was thinking about using that day to go to Typhoon lagoon. Will magic express take care of our bags if we just go and check in and then catch a bus to the park?

Hotel business? You mean checking in? That doesn't take long.

As long as you put the yellow tags on the luggage, ME will deliver them to your room (assuming you are riding the bus).

If you use the ME luggage tags when you check your bags at the airport upon departure, ME will pick them up in Orlando and they will be delivered to your room later in the day.

If you use their tags and let them get the bags from the luggage carousel at the airport, then your bags won't even be on your bus. They will show up later. Once they arrive at the hotel, within 3-4 hours max, possibly less, of your arrival at the airport, the hotel will either keep them for you or put them in your room.

Be sure to take anything you will need for the day, ie swimsuits, sunscreen, in a carry-on with you. DME will not handle your carry-ons, just your checked luggage.

DME makes things so easy...we just keep what we need in our carry on (i.e. swimsuit) and let DME worry about our regular bags. When we get to hotel and check in if our room is not ready just check our bags at hotel and off to the park we go!

Does it cost money to check your bags at the airport? I have no clue about this stuff. This is also our first time in Disney since we were small children. So I'm sorry for all the dumb questions. :/

Does it cost money to check your bags at the airport? I have no clue about this stuff. This is also our first time in Disney since we were small children. So I'm sorry for all the dumb questions. :/

Some (most) airlines charge for checked luggage. You should refer to their website for any charges you may incur.
Magic Express is free but they don't check your bags at the airport.

Disney and Magical Express are completely separate from your airline (although you can book your air transportation through Disney).

Most airlines do charge per checked bag so be sure and research airfare by airline and then include other add on charges, bag charges, seat selection fees etc. when choosing your flights.

Magical Express is free transportation after you land in Orlando from the airport to the resort- you need to make an advance reservation however. Once you reserve you will get a packet in the mail with all the info you need. This incudes luggage tags for your checked bags if you choose to use the luggage delivery feature of DME.

If so put the yellow tags on your bags before you check them in with your airline at your home airport. Disney will intercept them in Orlando and transport them directly to the resort (separate from you). You will land and then make your way to the DME check in and board a bus to the resort. Your bags will be delivered directly to your room within 3 hours after you actually check in. You don't not have to be in the room so you could head to the parks, water parks etc.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter