MAGIC Eastern Caribbean Nov 9-16, 2014

Weather has been awesome here past week, but plunging into cold winter again next week. I hope November water temps at Castaway Cay are still warm enough to enjoy swimming. I have read November can be warmer than Spring time.

Anyone decided on excursions for other ports yet? DD will be 4.5 and will need to find something that works for all of us. We really enjoy the the at sea days, and so glad we have 3 on this cruise.

Just checked pricing out of curiosity and our category has went up $1300 since we booked. We are doing 4 nights post at WDW and doing the Christmas party. We did the Halloween party this past October and really enjoyed it...soon we will be booking our excursions for cruise and dining for Disney. Love planning Disney trips.

Hope all have a great weekend.
What night are you doing MVMCP?? We were thinking of doing it the day we get off the ship. ;)

Haven't decided which night yet. Have u booked a resort? We are hoping for a special offer to start, but plan on making ADRs regardless.
We have not booked anything yet. We will be driving down from PA and staying in NC or SC the Fri night before the cruise and staying near the port Sat. night. Then the Sun. we get off the ship we'll stay overnight as well...either near WDW if we do MVMCP or possibly a beach north of the port, at this point it depends on finances. I really want to do MVMCP as we never have and I don't know when we'll get back down to WDW at that time of the year. Next year we are planning to go to DL and explore out west for our vacay, we've never been west of Tennessee ;)

We may be trying to sell out house and move in the next month or so. My parents are elderly(74 and 84) and want to move in with us but our current home as no space, we are bursting at the seams as it is.
We normally like to take a longer vacation but my older 2 kids will be in 10th and 7th grades and right now they'll be missing 8 days of school as it is.

For those that are planning on doing WDW after the cruise, the Osborne lights are usually up at Hollywood Studios. We have checked them out a couple times over the past few trips down in November. If you haven't seen them, it's worth taking a look.

What night are you doing MVMCP?? We were thinking of doing it the day we get off the ship. ;)

I think we're going to do the party the Friday night before. We're planning on doing our park days first, and then cruising, because we don't want to miss Food and Wine which ends on the 10th!

We just booked last week! Cannot wait to sail the re-imagined Magic. We have sailed the Dream and Fantasy the past 2 years. Here's to November!

Hey everyone, hope to be making this trip with you all. Where is everyone hanging out, here or the FB page?

Hey everyone, hope to be making this trip with you all. Where is everyone hanging out, here or the FB page?
I check both...I've been a little distracted lately as I am getting my disney travel agent thing up and running and we may be listing our house to sell it so we can move in the summer. Between that stuff and my kids and all their activities it has been crazy at my house! :scared:

Hi everyone! we are considering booking this cruise. We are flying in on Southwest .... by their tickets are rates do not really open till May of 2014. Do you think across the board they will go up significantly for Nov? Also, we will fly in LATE on the night before, do you think overall prices of tickets will go significantly? Also where should we stay and how should we get to the port? We are flying into MCO and we have a 1 year old and 6 year old.

Hi everyone! we are considering booking this cruise. We are flying in on Southwest .... by their tickets are rates do not really open till May of 2014. Do you think across the board they will go up significantly for Nov? Also, we will fly in LATE on the night before, do you think overall prices of tickets will go significantly? Also where should we stay and how should we get to the port? We are flying into MCO and we have a 1 year old and 6 year old.

Airfare is unpredictable. We are flying in the day before and scheduling flight to arrive by 5pm. We will be staying at the Hyatt at the airport. We usually use the night before to pick up some liquor to carry on to save on board charges. We plan to let disney handle the luggage and pick up from hotel room and walk down to the check in desk in baggage claim area the next morning. Not sure how early - we aren't early birds.

Our DD will be 4 1/2 in this cruise. She is another reason we are staying at the airport -I want her to be well rested before boarding the ship.

We have used southwest for our last three November cruises and the fares have gone up $10-20 each way per ticket each year. Last year it was about $325/person round trip from Albany, NY. Flights were booked on the first day of availability. You may do better as it seems that you are closer an Albany is one of the more expensive airports to depart from.

November fares should be released on 5/19. This page gives info about the release schedule.

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html?int=GSUBNAV-TOOLS-HOTEL-TOOLS

Does anyone know when they will release 2014 MK Christmas party dates? Do you think it will be before mid-May?

Right now Tickets out of airport to MCO are cheapest 109.00 So if it went up a bit that would be ok.. but up to 300.. I dont think it would be feasible

wq

Right now Tickets out of airport to MCO are cheapest 109.00 So if it went up a bit that would be ok.. but up to 300.. I dont think it would be feasible

wq

I was thinking that Columbus Day weekend would be similar fares.....let's hope not. It would be almost $600/person round trip. These fares have been out for a few weeks and there were none of their lowest rates offered for flights down. The flight back was higher than normal as well.

Booking the flight first thing on release day will be important this year.

Can't wait to take our 4 year old twin boys on this cruise. We have waited a long time. We adopted them out of Foster Care and can finally take a family vacation!

We will be celebrating their 5th birthdays and adoption day on the cruise.

Does anyone know if a Fish Extender group has been set up? I have been planning for months!
Caroline

Can't wait to take our 4 year old twin boys on this cruise. We have waited a long time. We adopted them out of Foster Care and can finally take a family vacation!

We will be celebrating their 5th birthdays and adoption day on the cruise.

Does anyone know if a Fish Extender group has been set up? I have been planning for months!
Caroline
Hiya, welcome aboard and congrats on the new additions to your family. :cool1:
I am heading up the FE group, please feel free to pm me with your info. We also have a FB group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagicNov92014/

I'm on board with my 4yr old son. It's just the two of us. I'm a single dad that loves adventure. We are a lot of fun and looking forward to this cruise. We will be staying for 4 days in Orlando then take off on this cruise. My new to cruising and this will be my second time,first with disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter