• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic December 5, 2009 Itinerary Change

budwmn

If you believe in magic, you belong
I just got off the phone with DCL and was told that the 12/5/09 sailing of the Magic is no longer going to St. Croix. Instead, it will stop at Tortola. DCL is in the process of calling all guests to notify them of the change.

Honestly, I think either port is a nice stop. We love Tortola and will be happy to go back.:)

That makes me very happy that I moved this ressie to the Alaska cruise yesterday. The one thing we were looking forward to was the horseback riding in St. Croix that we were going to book seperately. Now DD won't be disappointed we aren't going.

I just checked their website. They don't have it changed yet. I wonder why they changed it? I was looking forward to St. Croix.

What?? We went on the Tortola itinerary earlier this year and was looking forward to St. Croix in December. I know it is within Disney's rights to change the itinerary but it should be posted in the reservations so you don't have to find out hit and miss like this.

I found out via the website. When I logged in to my reservation, it listed Tortola instead of St. Croix for Tuesday and the shore excursion we had booked was gone.

I immediately called DCL to find out if it was a website glich or if the itinerary had really changed. They confirmed that it had "just changed" and that they made the decision yesterday (9/21). When I asked the reason for the change, the castmember said it was because another ship was going to be in St. Croix at the same time and that they were trying to ensure the best guest experience in port.

Hope this helps!

I'm glad you noticed. I booked our St Croix activity over the weekend. Went back in earlier today to complete online registration and didn't notice anything because it still said Eastern with St. Croix. Didn't notice our activity was cancelled. After reading your post, went back in and saw that Tortola was listed in the excursion list so was able to book our excursion.

If you hadn't posted, I wouldn't have looked at my activities until we receive a letter (which I assume is how Disney is going to let everyone know). I figured it might be because of other ships in St. Croix. I know Disney looks out for overcrowding at ports but sometimes it can be a big pain.

I've never been to Tortola, but we LOVED St. Croix. Sorry for the change in plans for you guys....but I've heard good things about Tortola too.

You'll have a great cruise no matter where the ship takes you!

Thanks for posting. I haven't heard the change from our travel agent yet and just let the other 9 in our travel party know of the itinerary change. I guess I better look at the Tortola excursions...

Hi. We just returned fro the Magic on Saturday. We went to Tortola. We booked the dolphin swim-the Royal-online with Discovery Cove-i would highly recommend it. Why are most of you booking thru Disney? their prices are much higher for excursions. There was a group from the ship there, for a lot less time than us, did less, but paid more. After we took a taxi to a beach. Had a fantastic day. Have fun! Val

Tortola is beautifull! Consider going to The Baths at nearby Virgin Gorda (popular excusion by can be done cheap and easy on your own). It is lovely.

I just went to Brewer's bay in Tortola and it was a lovely quiet beach with good snorkelling.

Have fun.

Why are most of you booking thru Disney?

Because we do it for the convenience. Everyone travels differently. Fine for you to offer advice but really don't need to criticize other people's decisions.

Tortola is beautiful...we took a ferry over to Virgin Gorda and went to the Baths...it is just an incredibly beautiful place. I highly recommend going to the Baths!!

We were bummed to have to call DCL to find out why they changed this. We really wanted St. Croix....understand it's the captain's decision but we could have booked Tortola earlier in the year if we wanted. I asked DCL if there would be any compensation.....yea right no luck there! Disney offers great service but when it comes to guest services and compensating for someone's loss...forget about it! But...we'll make the best of Tortola and enjoy the Disney Magic...and the Baths at Virgin Gorda. Just be thankful they are not sending us to St. Martin or I would really be frustrated!

I found out via the website. When I logged in to my reservation, it listed Tortola instead of St. Croix for Tuesday and the shore excursion we had booked was gone.

I immediately called DCL to find out if it was a website glich or if the itinerary had really changed. They confirmed that it had "just changed" and that they made the decision yesterday (9/21). When I asked the reason for the change, the castmember said it was because another ship was going to be in St. Croix at the same time and that they were trying to ensure the best guest experience in port.

Hope this helps!

My DH and I were thinking of booking this cruise to celebrate are anniversary and for St Croix because on are last one we went to Tortola...also, St Thomas will have at least 4 ships in when we are there but no changes for it

I'm happy with the change. I found out on our 12/5 cruise thread yesterday and booked my Tortola excursion right away. No one from Disney has contacted me yet to let me know of the change. No one from DU, either.

I booked 12/5 because that date fit into my work schedule, not because I was excited about St. Croix. I'd rather see Tortola so this works out well!

Looking online at the islands...Tortola actually looks like a prettier island than St. Croix! I guess it's a devil in disguise eh?

I just got off the phone with DCL and was told that the 12/5/09 sailing of the Magic is no longer going to St. Croix. Instead, it will stop at Tortola. DCL is in the process of calling all guests to notify them of the change.

Honestly, I think either port is a nice stop. We love Tortola and will be happy to go back.:)

Thanks for the info! I got so confused when I logged in and my St-Croix reservations were not there!

The only thing that bothers me is that there's no guided historical tour in Tortola... My husband was really looking forward to a little bit of history!

WOW -- I just looked at the DCL website for the itineraries for the rest of the year and there are only three St. Croix sailings listed now (including our 10/10). I know there were more than that -- looks like they've changed more than one cruising. I sure hope the 10/10 stays with St. Croix. :confused: My husband will be crushed -- the reason we picked it is so we can finish out the Virgin Islands, plus he really wanted to see Christiansted!

i jsut checked my ressies for that cruise and it still says st croix. hmmm will check it later to see if they made any changes. I haven't gotten anything from disney yet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter