• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Cruise Excursion ideas with 3 and 5 year old

cruzluvin

Earning My Ears
We are cruising with Disney for the first time in April. Any ideas on where to go in St Thomas/St. John, and St. Marten with 3 and 5 year old boys? :confused3

I've heard good things about the Afternoon Beach Bash Tour on St. Maarten. It's 2-2 1/2 hours on the beach. They have snorkeling and water activities. For $22 for children and $41 for adults it's a hard price to beat.

Last year Dbf and I went to Coral World in St Thoms and had a blast. We went down in a semi-submarine. It's a longer ride out (about 30-35 minutes), so I don't know how well your kids do with rides. After the submarine we got to explore the park by ourselves, and they do have some water activities there.

They also have the dolphin encounters and observer in St Thomas. They are pricey, being $162 child price and $188 for adults for the encounter (being IN with the dolphins). But for that you do get lunch and anyone age 3 and over can do it. The observer (not with the dolphins) is only $101 for children and $129 for adults.

It all depends on what fits your family. It might even be a good idea to just look around the island and have a taxi give you a tour. Also go on to Disneycruise website and look at the itineraries that fit your families interests.

We just got back and have a 6 and 9 year old. They enjoyed the afternoon beach bash on St. Maarten and Magens Bay Beach on St. Thomas. They are both nice beaches and had lounge chairs that we could sit in right at the waters edge. The afternoon beach bash included unlimited rum punch for adults and fruit punch for the kids. The bus driver also gave us a mini tour of the island on the way there. The Magen Bay tour stopped at the top of the island for a photo op. Have a great time!

Last year my parents took my 1 and 5 year old to Coral World while my husband and I snorkeled. They loved it there. They were able to see some amazing fish and got some great pictures. You also have access to a beach right next to Coral World and can use the facilities at Coral World with your admission if you so desire.

St THomas--Coral World is the only reasonable choice IMHO. Check their web site--there are sometimes discount coupons there and/or in the tourist magazine that is handed out at the port. Very easy to do on your own. There is an aquarium, walk in underwater viewing area, touch tanks, snack bar, etc. You can swim at Coki beach(across parking lot). Taxis readily available. CW gives you a wrist band so you can come in and out from the beach to use restrooms, snack bar, etc. as desired. Beach is free with decent snorkeling. Family friendly (that's code for swimwear required).

thanks so much for the tidbits...I do think a beach break is the best option at this age..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter