Magic Cabin Bathroom Flooding?

kellym506

Mouseketeer
We were on B2B cruises April 11 and April 14, 2014. When I returned to my cabin around 4 pm on the first Castaway Cay day, the floors in the toilet room and shower room were flooded with water and black particles, fortunately it didn't spill into the entrance hallway. It wasn't sewage, nothing was in the tub, toilet or either sink, it looked like it came up from the floor drain. I called Maintenance, a plumber arrived in about 10 minutes. He did something in the hallway and in the bathroom. The room attendant cleaned things up with bleach.

On the second Castaway Cay day, I got back to my cabin at about 3--no water on the floor. Around 4 pm, I heard gurgling from the bathroom. Sure enough, the water and black gunk was back. I called Maintenance again, and they returned, fiddled with stuff and left. My room attendant was left again to clean up the floors. A few minutes later my sister appeared on my balcony--she had a bathroom flood of water and black gunk in her cabin next door in 6624.

I heard about bathroom flooding issues after dry dock, but I thought they had been resolved. Maintenance and the room attendant didn't seem to be surprised about my experience. I went to the Guest Services desk after the second episode. I explained that Maintenance and the room attendant were very prompt and cleaned everything very well, no complaints there. It seemed odd that it only happened at Castaway Cay and that the staff weren't surprised about the mess. (Frankly, the Guest Services person didn't seem surprised, either.)

Has anyone else experienced bathroom cabin flooding this long after dry dock?
The cruise would have been a 10: great cabin attendant, Margaret from St. Vincent; great servers, Cindy from Trinidad and Tobago, Dwi from Indonesia; lots of time on a float at Castaway Cay x 2; new earrings from DI in Nassau. The flooding was my first really unusual Disney cruise experience.

Similar location few years ago for us on the magic flooded castaway day except it flooded our carpet too and we had to have industrial fans for the day:/

That sounds exactly like what happened to us on our CC day a few years ago on the Magic.

A room beside ours on deck 5 apparently had an overflow. We heard fans and shop vacs most of the trip and could smell it in the halls. By the last day the water was starting to seep in our cabin. We weren't overly impressed with the "reimagined" Magic. I much prefer the newer ships.

Considering none of the plumbing issues were addressed in dry dock, this is going to be a recurrent theme. I believe they need to do a major plumbing re-do.

I love the Magic & our next 4 cruises are on her, so I'm not bad mouthing her at all. This is the reality of DCL not addressing several things in dry dock.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were on B2B cruises April 11 and April 14, 2014. When I returned to my cabin around 4 pm on the first Castaway Cay day, the floors in the toilet room and shower room were flooded with water and black particles, fortunately it didn't spill into the entrance hallway. It wasn't sewage, nothing was in the tub, toilet or either sink, it looked like it came up from the floor drain. I called Maintenance, a plumber arrived in about 10 minutes. He did something in the hallway and in the bathroom. The room attendant cleaned things up with bleach.

On the second Castaway Cay day, I got back to my cabin at about 3--no water on the floor. Around 4 pm, I heard gurgling from the bathroom. Sure enough, the water and black gunk was back. I called Maintenance again, and they returned, fiddled with stuff and left. My room attendant was left again to clean up the floors. A few minutes later my sister appeared on my balcony--she had a bathroom flood of water and black gunk in her cabin next door in 6624.

I heard about bathroom flooding issues after dry dock, but I thought they had been resolved. Maintenance and the room attendant didn't seem to be surprised about my experience. I went to the Guest Services desk after the second episode. I explained that Maintenance and the room attendant were very prompt and cleaned everything very well, no complaints there. It seemed odd that it only happened at Castaway Cay and that the staff weren't surprised about the mess. (Frankly, the Guest Services person didn't seem surprised, either.)

The cruise would have been a 10: great cabin attendant, Margaret from St. Vincent; great servers, Cindy from Trinidad and Tobago, Dwi from Indonesia; lots of time on a float at Castaway Cay x 2; new earrings from DI in Nassau. The flooding was my first really unusual Disney cruise experience.

Thanks for sharing your experience and yikes! I know if anything, it's a major inconvenience and worry!

Just wanted to give a "shout out" to Margaret as well! We had her on our MLK weekend Magic sailing and were in 6634 (with no issues) and she was amazing. We were only on a 3 night sailing but she really touched us in those 3 days and is among are very favorites, for sure! :)

We really enjoyed the re-imagined Magic but I'm sure if this happened to us surely it'd feel less than magical. Strange that so many had this happen during their CC day? We (like my friend Emily :wave:) will be on the 11 night Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise and I'm praying for a non-flooding cabin! :bitelip:

Heather

We are just off the Magic last Friday, room 7560. While no flooding on our 4 night cruise, we did have toilet troubles and the drain the the tub was just terrible. The toilet at times would not flush or had a delayed flush. We called guest services. They were not surprised. Said there was a big issue one deck down. Maintenance came, did something in the hall. He said at various times they have trouble with the vacuum that helps/makes the toilet flush. It wasn't something that put a damper on our vacation or discourages me from another cruise on the Magic, but reading all the posts about it, I wish it would be something they would address.

All the recurring threads like this, but people post over and over "Is the Disney Wonder be kept up well?". I will point people right to this thread.

Sorry, being on the west coast the Wonder is my girl, people ragging on her is my Jihad.

Not sure why DCL would do such a massive refurb and not fix the plumbing...it begs the question, is it fixable?

All the recurring threads like this, but people post over and over "Is the Disney Wonder be kept up well?". I will point people right to this thread. Sorry, being on the west coast the Wonder is my girl, people ragging on her is my Jihad. Not sure why DCL would do such a massive refurb and not fix the plumbing...it begs the question, is it fixable?

The Wonder has never had plumbing issues. I often 'wonder' (lol) if it has to do with the way the Magic was built (in 2 separate parts)? I have no proof to this - just a thought.

DCLs major refurb was pure aesthetics. There was a lot more work to be done. I liken it to a candy coated shell.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We just got off the Magic yesterday. Room 5512. We had no issues with the plumbing in our room. I did notice a faint sewage smell in some of the hallways - particularly by the public restrooms. Luckily - no smells or floods in our room.

The plumbing issues are definitely not new. We cruised the Magic way back in 2006 and had a flooding issue. I always remember it because it was the morning of the character breakfast and I could not get in the bathroom to get ready. My hair looks terrible in all the pictures.

Cruised 15 nights on the Wonder and never had any problems with the plumbing.

I just wanted to add that when this happened to us, we ended up meeting one of our neighbors while the CMs were working in the bathroom. I was standing in the hall with DD, who was still sandy, and was joking about taking her to the pool to rinse off so we could make it to early seating. The woman next door heard us when she was opening her cabin door. She allowed DD to use their shower so she could clean up for dinner. We have met so many nice people onboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter